Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 2:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about ouija boards after strange experience
RE: Question about ouija boards after strange experience
(October 4, 2017 at 1:07 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: Ok, now tell me how I summon a sexy demon. I need to know for a friend.

Be careful. YOu didn't specify male or female. Wink

(October 4, 2017 at 1:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: My sides are starting to hurt. Don't you claim to communicate with the supernatural all of the time to get answers? 

Wait, I got it, your way "good", their way "bad".

Precisely. I figure one way of communication with the supernatural is just the same as any other; it's probably why Christians can pray to god and still murder their entire families.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2017 at 1:10 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(October 4, 2017 at 1:07 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: Ok, now tell me how I summon a sexy demon. I need to know for a friend.

Be careful. YOu didn't specify male or female. Wink

Hey if it resembles a young Timothy Olyphant or Sendhil Ramamurthy then we're good.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(October 4, 2017 at 1:13 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: Hey if it resembles a young Timothy Olyphant or Sendhil Ramamurthy then we're good.

You have good taste in men.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2017 at 1:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 4, 2017 at 1:03 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: As Neo already explained, it's not the physical object itself, it's what people are doing when they "use" it. They are attempting to communicate with the supernatural, and that can open themselves up to demonic entities.

My sides are starting to hurt. Don't you claim to communicate with the supernatural all of the time to get answers? 

Yes, but the occult/black magic is a way to communicate with the supernatural that specifically doesn't come from God or involves God in any way. And when it doesn't come from God, we don't know who/what can take His place. That can make us vulnerable to demonic spirits. Its really about erring on the side of caution.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 4, 2017 at 1:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: My sides are starting to hurt. Don't you claim to communicate with the supernatural all of the time to get answers? Wait, I got it, your way "good", their way "bad".

That's true. It is no different from everyday relationships. Wise people only get advice from trustworthy sources that have their best interests in mind. Fools take the advice of self-serving predators that could take advantage of them. Christians are instructed to only seek counsel and comfort from the Lord, either through the advice and instruction of the pious or prayerful contemplation and fasting. And even then there is a check against demonic influence; the Lord never instructs a believer to act contrary to the teachings of Holy Scripture.
(October 4, 2017 at 1:15 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(October 4, 2017 at 1:13 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: Hey if it resembles a young Timothy Olyphant or Sendhil Ramamurthy then we're good.

You have good taste in men.

[Image: fb31c23bf3e533a11eda1a7ae596f4c7.gif]
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(October 4, 2017 at 1:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 4, 2017 at 1:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: My sides are starting to hurt. Don't you claim to communicate with the supernatural all of the time to get answers? 

Yes, but the occult/black magic is a way to communicate with the supernatural that specifically doesn't come from God or involves God in any way. And when it doesn't come from God, we don't know who/what can take His place. That can make us vulnerable to demonic spirits.

I asked before but will ask again, tell me where on the Ouija board or in the instructions does it says that it is "occult/black magic". 

Do you also refrain from reading Harry Potter books? Watching demonic movies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

Edit: If you ask your god I'm pretty sure it would say that you shouldn't be here.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Reading Harry Potter books and watching scary movies aren't attempts to communicate with the spirit world.

Whether the ouija is officially labeled as "occult" or not, the point is it doesn't involve God. You are attempting to communicate with the spirit world in such a way that doesn't come from Him. It's best to err on the side of caution and steer clear imho.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
There's a "side of caution" to board games?  How about monopoly, do monopoly......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This thread is bringing back my childhood. When I was in 5th or 6th grade, I told one of my physical therapists that I played D&D with my brothers. She nearly went apoplectic. I thought she was kidding. Nope, she was serious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seems strange to me Ahriman 8 597 August 23, 2023 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 1030 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1283 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1889 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Britain can be a bit strange! zebo-the-fat 37 3216 January 5, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I love my after Christmas Kroger points popeyespappy 3 424 January 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1750 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1662 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8728 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan
  Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience? Sterben 61 6199 March 10, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B