Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 4:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Unemployment Rate at Record Low
RE: Black Unemployment Rate at Record Low
All that needs is a little pile of steaming shit on the lower right side, with some dirty plebs going at each other fighting over it.

Summarizing my amusement with this thread has lead me to realize that it's a microcosm of why we find ourselves here, in this position, in the first place.  The supply side narrative..and more specifically the narrative of this administration RE it's trickle down tax plan has made use of some interesting axes.  Relief for the middle class, small business owners, farms, and the notion that a tax holiday will produce business investment.

All of this sounds great.  That much, I think, we can all agree on.  The devil is in the details.  For example, the detail that a small business, which happens to be a farm, almost exclusively serving the middle class as a demographic as opposed to say..the super wealthy or super poor (in rural white america no less) is most definitely not going to be doing any "investing", or be the beneficiary of business investments that have never and will never materialize.  That these specific groups which were used to positively sell supply side economics are palpably and demonstrably hurt by supply side economics.  

This is an established but inconvenient fact.  The way in which people who have been sold on this scheme respond to specific examples hich do nothing but demonstrate the larger trend is to imagine that anyone who brings them up has a super chub for hitlery, or is some kind of welfare draining partisan.  This would be a facile objection if it were true...as a person could be both things and they would still be in command of demonstrable facts...but it's downright clownish when neither is true.

More damning, ofc, when the person relating those specific examples is not only not a hillary humper..or poor..but can actively take advantage of the actual purpose of a tax holiday, which is one of many things that trickle down apologists can not only not say..but cannot allow anyone else to say.  It's bad enough that none of the pet causes sold to them pan out, but in this case the one obvious thing about the new tax structure..that it advantages those who can rearrange their earnings as an LLC (as the people who both wrote and passed this bill can do) , and that it further advantages that same set when the reduction in rate amounts to effective taxation of precisely zero percent through reimbursement, deduction, flat write off..... or other pro business initiatives.  These are not things that an employee can do.

In effect, these people may be well meaning..seeing the list of proposed benefits, and genuinely believing in the sales pitch...but they are being told that they have purchased a bill of goods...not the actual goods themselves.  This makes them confront the fact that they just -might- have been taken for a ride.  The result of that we see in this thread, other threads, our national discourse, and broadly in both the political and economic reality of these United States. It doesn;t work, in truth it does the exact opposite of what it;s being peddled for....but it would be nice if it did. The middle class need relief. Small farms are becoming a statistical non entity. Greater investment should spur growth. The ability of a small percentage of americans to legally evade taxes should not be a thing - particularly when small business owners can struggle with the same. When any specific counter example to trickle down economics in each of these regards is pointed out, the hope (and satisfaction) of believing that we have achieved these things..finally, is damaged. Something has been taken from the people who have been taken in by it. While we might expect that frustration or anger to be placed where it belongs, with the people who have made it their business to redistribute wealth upwards....it generally get;s placed on the people who point it out, instead.

The irony of a populist movement (or populist pitch) having been fronted out and sold out to serve the interests of corporate entities and the upper crust is painful, and probably more so to people who actually believe in it than to anyone who realizes it's a giant scam. For my own part...I would -love- to see policies that enrich the middle class, and create more middle class citizens. Policies that legitimately advance the interests of small farms. That create more businesses who need to purchase more products (and labor to produce them). Not just because these things would benefit me moreso than most..but because I..like our trickle down fans...think that these things would benefit the entire nation. This, however, is not that...and pretending that it is not only causes the misery that's stats bare out...it actively prevents us from seeking a real solution that does provide those benefits. As long as we keep wasting our time trying to make what;s never worked work..and as long as we're pretending..while we do that..that it -does- work....we are not working towards achieving any of those goals.

I hope that, someday, we can all agree on that as well.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 22, 2018 at 12:36 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I think the real question is: if it works, why aren't we already reaping the benefits? I mean, how much more of our piece of the pie do these guys need before stuff starts trickling down?

It's not a zero-sum game. You know that.
(January 22, 2018 at 10:04 am)alpha male Wrote:
(January 22, 2018 at 12:36 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I think the real question is: if it works, why aren't we already reaping the benefits? I mean, how much more of our piece of the pie do these guys need before stuff starts trickling down?

It's not a zero-sum game. You know that.

NOTHING the GOP does is good for this country. They have not given one fuck about America since they got infected by corporate greed and the religious right with Reagan.

You can masturbate all you want about this facade of a short term feel good band aid, but you'll pay for it later the longer the GOP is in power, just like the Bush Jr crash.
(January 21, 2018 at 11:36 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Generally speaking..when peoples incomes are pinched - they cut luxury or status purchases.  For whatever godforsaken reason, people see things like fresh fish or direct produce as luxuries, and buying local as a status purchase.  They go back to the box of fishsticks and the vacuum packed salads. 
Well here we go again.   The assumption you make is you have less sign-up because of the tax plan.  Unfortunately for you, I have personal experience with a family who has 40 years of consumer veg growing and experienced a problem with their CSA drop-outs over the last few years.   Getting enough people to fill out their survey/questionnaire took a while to get to what the issues were.

1. too much product causing too much waste.
2. Not customized to need.  
3. lifestyle changes resulting in less time/need
4. began growing their own

So in conclusion, and based on your ever flexible reasons for why its the tax plans fault, I have no alternative but to dismiss this latest round of unsubstantiated baloney as based solely on a political position, rather than a detailed analysis of your own business model.
(January 21, 2018 at 3:45 pm)Errorizer Wrote: Niggers suck. (Also, another ƵenKlassen sock here)

Am I the only one who has trouble seeing how zen can handle all his YouTube and other followers; and, yet still has time to troll the site, and spew crap?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(January 22, 2018 at 9:25 pm)Jane2d Wrote:
(January 21, 2018 at 11:36 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Generally speaking..when peoples incomes are pinched - they cut luxury or status purchases.  For whatever godforsaken reason, people see things like fresh fish or direct produce as luxuries, and buying local as a status purchase.  They go back to the box of fishsticks and the vacuum packed salads. 
Well here we go again.   The assumption you make is you have less sign-up because of the tax plan.  Unfortunately for you, I have personal experience with a family who has 40 years of consumer veg growing and experienced a problem with their CSA drop-outs over the last few years.   Getting enough people to fill out their survey/questionnaire took a while to get to what the issues were.

1. too much product causing too much waste.
2. Not customized to need.  
3. lifestyle changes resulting in less time/need
4. began growing their own

So in conclusion, and based on your ever flexible reasons for why its the tax plans fault, I have no alternative but to dismiss this latest round of unsubstantiated baloney as based solely on a political position, rather than a detailed analysis of your own business model.
All issues for some csa operators, just not for me..because..and I'm sorry to say this..I'm better at it than your pappy was.

Trololololol.  

See how easy it is to just say shit because you want to?

In fairness, it's not your pappy's fault, he just didn't have the data or momentum I do..he's probably a solid guy, you..on the other hand, are a low rent know nothing troll who "grew up on a farm" and desperately needs to believe in trickle down. It escapes you that your pappy's members are only expressing the same larger trend I'm dryly describing for you. Is it the tax plans fault that farms like your fathers are failing? No. Is it the tax plans fault that the holdouts are bailing? Yes. At least..here, among my folks..it is..yes.

I....am not, a hillary humper...you idiot, lol. At some point, you're going to have to find a more credible explanation. Not for me, mind you...but for yourself and for your pappy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Is that because white cops keep shooting them?
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 22, 2018 at 9:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: All issues for some csa operators, just not for me..because..and I'm sorry to say this..I'm better at it than your pappy was.

Trololololol.  

In fairness, it's not your pappy's fault, he just didn't have the data or momentum I do..he's probably a solid guy, you..on the other hand, are a low rent know nothing troll who "grew up on a farm" and desperately needs to believe in trickle down.  It escapes you that your pappy's members are only expressing the same larger trend I'm dryly describing for you.  Is it the tax plans fault that farms like your fathers are failing?  No.  Is it the tax plans fault that the holdouts are bailing?  Yes.  At least..here, among my folks..it is..yes.

I....am not, a hillary humper...you idiot, lol.  At some point, you're going to have to find a more credible explanation.  Not for me, mind you...but for yourself and for your pappy.

Spoken like a true narcisst!

I don't 'believe in' trickle down.  I simply stated the tax plan has been beneficial for me.  All the other attributes you assigned to me are like your ever changing stories, made up in your imagination, to compensate for the narcissism lurking below the surface.

Quote from wiki:
Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to "dump" shame onto others.

A narcissist who is feeling deflated may "reinflate" their sense of self-importance by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
(January 23, 2018 at 7:51 am)Jane2d Wrote:
(January 22, 2018 at 9:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: All issues for some csa operators, just not for me..because..and I'm sorry to say this..I'm better at it than your pappy was.

Trololololol.  

In fairness, it's not your pappy's fault, he just didn't have the data or momentum I do..he's probably a solid guy, you..on the other hand, are a low rent know nothing troll who "grew up on a farm" and desperately needs to believe in trickle down.  It escapes you that your pappy's members are only expressing the same larger trend I'm dryly describing for you.  Is it the tax plans fault that farms like your fathers are failing?  No.  Is it the tax plans fault that the holdouts are bailing?  Yes.  At least..here, among my folks..it is..yes.

I....am not, a hillary humper...you idiot, lol.  At some point, you're going to have to find a more credible explanation.  Not for me, mind you...but for yourself and for your pappy.

Spoken like a true narcisst!

I don't 'believe in' trickle down.  I simply stated the tax plan has been beneficial for me.  All the other attributes you assigned to me are like your ever changing stories, made up in your imagination, to compensate for the narcissism lurking below the surface.

Quote from wiki:
Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to "dump" shame onto others.

A narcissist who is feeling deflated may "reinflate" their sense of self-importance by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.

I see that narcissism in Republican thinking a lot. You know, the lack of empathy part especially.
(January 19, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:Uh huh. That's what the losers always say
FYI if you voted for Trump you lost times infinity. and having the brian power to see him for the scumbag  he is . Is an instant victory

Brian power? 

Is that better than brain power? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 788 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4924 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Black Serial Killers Foxaèr 10 1022 November 29, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  Jay Leno sets speed record onlinebiker 13 619 November 13, 2021 at 11:10 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  FB app hit by low ratings Foxaèr 3 610 June 10, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 684 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1813 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 505 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Blexit Campaign - Black Exit from the US Democratic Party Duty 154 10388 November 8, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1784 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate