Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebellion against god
RE: Rebellion against god
(February 28, 2018 at 9:00 am)Cyberman Wrote: How dare you put the Lord's messengers to the test? Ye of little faith! Verily, I say unto thee the Lord is sorely vexed, His spiteful wrath will be mighty against the seed of doubt thou hast allowed Satan to plant in thy heart! Thou shouldst fall upon thy knees and beat thy fists upon the earth, if I were thee!

The apostles appointed by God were tested by the scriptures, and the people who did that were commended. (They were called the noble Boreans).
John writes "test the spirits, whether they be of God or not."
Paul wrote, though the message be of an angel, if it does not speak according to the gospel it is a lie. The gospel teaches obedience to the law of God.

The rebellion against God by Satan is against his law, because the law defines his actions and character, and condemns his rebellion.

(February 28, 2018 at 9:01 am)Cyberman Wrote:
(February 28, 2018 at 8:59 am)Banned Wrote: You must have been pretty rude for me to say that. Should I quote you or forget it?

And you're doing it again. Do you have Tourette's or something?

I would suggest to anyone reading this that they go over your comments and make their own mind up, unless you have gone through and cleaned them up.
(February 28, 2018 at 8:47 am)Banned Wrote: All religions may be tested by the scriptures.

They can't because Bible is very contradictory and therefore flawed. That is why there are so many denominations. Take the stance on divorce: can we look at the Bible and see what it clearly states? The answer is no.

In some parts Jesus clearly forbids the divorce:
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matthew 19:6

Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery. -- Mark 10:11

Whosoever putteth away his wife and marrieth another, committeth adultery. -- Luke 16:18

And that's why Catholics don't allow the divorce in any circumstances.

But then in other parts of NT Jesus actually approves of divorce:

Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery. Matthew 5:32

Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery. Matthew 19:9

That's why orthodox Christianity and some others let people divorce. So you can not test which is right denomination by using the Bible. It doesn't mean if your denomination made a choice that it is the "right" choice.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I took time out of my life to go back through every thread in which you and I interacted and edited them, including any by other members who may have quoted them, and circumvented the automatic edit log for each of those posts, purely to make you into a liar.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 28, 2018 at 9:28 am)Cyberman Wrote: Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I took time out of my life to go back through every thread in which you and I interacted and edited them, including any by other members who may have quoted them, and circumvented the automatic edit log for each of those posts, purely to make you into a liar.

Really?... I've lost all the respect I had for you!

Tongue
(February 28, 2018 at 2:09 am)Banned Wrote:
(February 28, 2018 at 1:55 am)Astreja Wrote: *facepalm* That's not even good fiction.

So if you don't know the Bible, why did you criticise it all this time?

I do indeed know the Bible, you deluded little dweeb.  I read it 53 years ago and continue to read bits and pieces of it now and then.
It's crap.

Quote:
(February 28, 2018 at 2:08 am)Astreja Wrote: Then I have no choice but to declare you my mortal enemy.  Henceforth, may life treat you exactly as if you had personally threatened me and other non-believers with death, until the day that you have lost your faith.

So how is death not part of the atheist world? Isn't your world going to end under the sun? Isn't every life form just a pointless spat?

As if believers bought about the threat of death.

According to the SDA delusion, your make-believe god intends to "awaken" people from death for the sole purpose of judging them and destroying most of them.

As you are the one propagating the myth, I place the responsibility for that threat on your head.

You don't get to weasel out of the threat by questioning where *I* find meaning in life.  It's none of your fucking business.
Ok, I wasn't getting the quote function to work well, and this response was getting really long and messy.  So I just "cherry-picked" statements from Banned and did a cut 'n' paste.  I hope nobody minds.

Banned
"There are people who work in areas of solving crimes where evidence is seemingly non existent. "Seeing is believing" has its limits." That's utterly moronic.  "seemingly" non-existent.  And then they find measurable data.

"The universe is one open display of God's character. Either you pick up on his character in nature, or you don't."  The universe is one open display of the magical teapot that circles the Earth.  Either you can see it or you're evil.  Seriously, science has very clearly shown that nature gives no evidence of a deity whatsoever.

"So how is death not part of the atheist world? Isn't your world going to end under the sun? Isn't every life form just a pointless spat? As if believers bought about the threat of death."  No, we're all going to die, and that's a fact.  We don't need any fantasy of an afterlife to accept that fact.  The afterlife belief is a combination of terror and ego - fear of death, and the unwillingness to accept the idea of a universe going on without them in it.

"The Bible is written in English, and language like maths has its rules. Once those rules are broken, it's not a valid interpretation."  The Bible ARRIVED at English after many, many translations and re-interpretations.  You're starting to sound like the preacher who told me that he used "thee" and "thou" when he prayed because "we have to talk to Jesus in his own language!"  Yeah, I bit my tongue and refrained from telling him that "thee" and "thou" aren't Aramaic words.  You can't argue with that type of stupid.  As you so impressively have demonstrated here.  And comparing a book of fairy tales to lovely, clean, logical math is . . . wow, that's the difference between a toddler making a mess in the kitchen to a team of research chemists at work and saying they're the same.

"The Bible could not be plainer and clearer on that issue. An understanding of the geart controversy between God and Satan, shows that the truth is constantly under attack from deception and force."  The Bible is an ignorant work of fiction about fantasy characters.  God and Satan are major players.  This does not mean they exist. How would you like it if I was accusing you of closed-mindedness because you don't believe that Hogwarts exists? Voldemort is coming for you!!!

"Don't worry, God will turn up, That is what an Adventist hopes in. Will you know who he is and be happy to see him, or will you be clinging to your hellish ideas about God, and be waiting with a set of test tubes and a band of clip board warriors?"  Cameras. Scientists. Clip-boards and computers. Yep.  Even if it can fly and re-grow amputated limbs, it might not be a deity.  

"Did I ever ask you to believe in something that doesn't exist in your mind? That would have been unfair. I'm sorry."
Oh right, you're SORRY.  You have spent almost 400 posts insulting us and now THIS.  
Hmm, now just what have you asked us to believe that we don't believe exists?  Could it be . . . A GOD? And the idea that the Bible tells us about a GOD?  And the idea that there is an afterlife and if we don't believe in YOUR GOD we're going to be tortured forever?  

He's SORRY folks.  Really sorry.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 27, 2018 at 4:07 pm)Banned Wrote: If you read the texts properly you would see that the method of being saved is predestinated, not whether someone will be saved or not. 
"Predestined". Clearly you can't even spell your own faith.
In any event, if, as you claim, I am predestined to be an atheist then there is not a thing you can do about it. Your god has made it so. Are you going to disagree with your god? What will he/she/it/housecat have to say about your rejection of his/her/it's/housecat's will?
He can spell gibberish, though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:Like I said, you make a noose.
Like i said your god is an extortionist. Who is responsible for me being in the well in first place . And demands servitude. No good god would ask this .  

Quote:Christians are not oblidged to convince people of anything. The Bible, which you neglect to study, has to stand on it's own, and it claims that the Spirit of God will teach the contrite in heart.
The followers of a true god would not need it to be an obligation . They would seek to convince others . They fact Christian cannot convince unbelievers has all the virtues of an excuse for failing ideology . A true god would not require a holy book it's nature would be as undeniable a heat . Heat does not require a holy book . Or  a church or poorly done stories about god man . A true good is undeniable .

Quote: 
What you are wanting is a peek at God, while at the same time practicing sin

A true god would come because i am a sinner knowing full well his presence would correct this . If he cannot then he is no god . 
Quote:You won't survive.
A true god would not let me die for the reason above 
Quote:It's not that God is arbitarily wanting you to die. If that were the case you wouldn't have been born.
A truly good god would not let me die period 

Quote:If you understood the nature of God and how the universe exists, you wouldn't be making weird demands for a revelation.
The nature as only described in failed books and bad apologists . Neither of which a god would need . 
Quote:Once again you make another noose. 

Nope not giving into demands of submission is not a noose .No good god would ask this . 
Quote:About slavery, aren't you already controlled by your habits? That's slavery already.
Nope habits are freedom . Submission to your god would be slavery . No good god would ask this . 
Quote:And wanting to give up an idol is even nore difficult than breaking a habit.
I have no idols . A revealed god is no idol 

Quote:But if you ever want evidence of God on your side, ask him to give you the desire to break down the idols. But first try doing it by yourself, and see how you go.
No or he could show up and that would occur naturally. If a good god existed .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 28, 2018 at 3:19 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Like i said your god is an extortionist.

And its followers are contortionists. A match made in heaven.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 13395 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 17329 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments Against Creator God GrandizerII 77 19348 November 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 80964 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Atheism: The Case Against God by George H. Smith Alexmahone 10 1845 March 4, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 16521 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Four arguments against the existence of God Mudhammam 61 16079 September 24, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Best arguments for and against god you know of? tor 20 4522 March 27, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  A good case against God Jeffonthenet 210 94652 May 15, 2013 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Good short and simple argument against God GodlessGirl 16 7775 August 3, 2012 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Cyberman