Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old threads of discussion I have had.
RE: Old threads of discussion I have had.
(April 3, 2018 at 11:08 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Convenient it isn't. I'd much rather engage with a Muslim poster capable of actual engagement and able to formulate coherent engagements and actually challenge me. Instead I get you.

You rather a person has no proofs for Islam and just repeats what his scholars fed him, and so you an easily refute, is what you mean.
Personally, I'd rather talk to your Imam.  If nothing else, to tell him he's a giant flaming asshole for what he did to this guy I used to know.  Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If there is a person with proofs other then me on these forums, and it becomes manifest and comes on these forums, you will do the same. Because language and unseen, require metaphors and parables.  And God is unseen by definition but still manifest and perceived by the soul in a matter that physical eyes don't comprehend.

Language shouldn't be barrier to the journey, it should be a means to agree, and I very well see why revelation had to freeze a very primordial version of human language to seal revelations.

I see why it had to be Arabic which didn't even have grammar rules at the point let alone agreed upon dictionary, and was archaically oral.  And the sacred meanings of words at their origins are meant stay... and can't be forgotten due to the Quran, no matter how much the dark forces may try.
You are disconcertingly unstable. For your own wellbeing please just take a chill pill, get off the internet, go watch some cartoons or something.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
MysticKnight Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Convenient it isn't. I'd much rather engage with a Muslim poster capable of actual engagement and able to formulate coherent engagements and actually challenge me. Instead I get you.

You rather a person has no proofs for Islam and just repeats what his scholars fed him, and so you an easily refute, is what you mean.

I'd rather they were a little harder to refute, I can't learn from a dialogue that isn't challenging. That's not what I meant at all, and it's the opposite of what I said, you lying weasel.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 3, 2018 at 11:16 am)MysticKnight Wrote: If there is a person with proofs other then me on these forums, and it becomes manifest and comes on these forums, you will do the same. Because language and unseen, require metaphors and parables.  And God is unseen by definition but still manifest and perceived by the soul in a matter that physical eyes don't comprehend.

Language shouldn't be barrier to the journey, it should be a means to agree, and I very well see why revelation had to freeze a very primordial version of human language to seal revelations.

I see why it had to be Arabic which didn't even have grammar rules at the point let alone agreed upon dictionary, and was archaically oral.  And the sacred meanings of words at their origins are meant stay... and can't be forgotten due to the Quran, no matter how much the dark forces may try.

Let's pretend..for a moment, that your choice of words is the only problem.  It would still be a huge problem.  If I started yelling at you in esperanto you might be justified in asking me to speak a language you understand if I wanted to get my point across.

If what I happened to be yelling was "watch out for that bus" you might be a little pissed when the bus hit you and I walked up..and in perfect english..said "told you so, man".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Do we ever get any real, official, imams or preachers here? I'd love to see if they can do better.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 3, 2018 at 11:22 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
MysticKnight Wrote:You rather a person has no proofs for Islam and just repeats what his scholars fed him, and so you an easily refute, is what you mean.

I'd rather they were a little harder to refute, I can't learn from a dialogue that isn't challenging. That's not what I meant at all, and it's the opposite of what I said, you lying weasel.

I know the point you come across was opposite to what I said. I actually believe all the hate towards me is not due to how I communicate, but simple, because I have proven my case.

Everyone in Arabia loved Mohammad and even heard of claims he was going to be a Prophet by others who saw clouds above him that will always share him and follow him along with his scent and not having a shadow. All which can't be magic, especially the shadow by what we know of science now. The Quran counsels Mohammad and says "For it's not you who they deny, but rather the unjust deny God's signs/proofs", and that means he didn't care for being accused as a liar. Sure they called him a liar, but they didn't have anything personal against him.

I don't really care what you guys think of me other than you guys use it as an excuse to avoid the truth.

Character assassination so you don't have deal with the proofs. That's what is frustrating.

And when I didn't have clear coherent way of expressing these proofs, you guys liked me more. But when the proofs became clearer and more details were provided to show each premise,  people began to character assassinate, and just call it all babble.

I didn't understand really fully, why, but I thought about Quran, and Mohammad was not need of psychological council, but this for who follows him in warning and presenting by proofs, so that they don't get disheartened.

And I understand it. So go ahead, call me whatever. It doesn't matter. I know your position is not against me, it's the proofs and signs of God you dislike.
(April 3, 2018 at 11:32 am)MysticKnight Wrote:  I actually believe all the hate towards me is not due to how I communicate, but simple, because I have proven my case.

You believe many strange things.
"Everyone hates me because they know I'm right."
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 589 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2482 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3830 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2686 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 18908 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 14072 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  An Intersting conversation I had with a Creationist friend of mine. TanithDaUnicorn 39 6624 February 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. Mystic 99 26508 January 11, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site. Whateverist 103 18327 November 6, 2015 at 7:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I had to link this Manowar 17 4121 September 19, 2015 at 1:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus