Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting in Southern California
RE: Shooting in Southern California
(November 9, 2018 at 9:39 am)Khemikal Wrote: -we've been averaging very nearly a mass shooting a day for years now.  Most of the victims of mass shootings with high media profile are white.  This is not true of mass shootings as a whole.  None of the people tracked in that database were suicides.  They specifically excluded them.

Quote:22,000 Annual Suicides not included on Daily Summary Ledger

Horseshit.

The just keep lowering the bar as to what constitutes a mass shooting.

Soon they will count a kid showing up at school with an NRA sticker on his backpack.
The reason that mass shootings are comparitively rare has nothing to do with them being a rare occurence.  They are only rare..because other types of shootings are profligate, lol.

(November 9, 2018 at 9:44 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(November 9, 2018 at 9:39 am)Khemikal Wrote: -we've been averaging very nearly a mass shooting a day for years now.  Most of the victims of mass shootings with high media profile are white.  This is not true of mass shootings as a whole.  None of the people tracked in that database were suicides.  They specifically excluded them.

Horseshit.

The just keep lowering the bar as to what constitutes a mass shooting.

Soon they will count a kid showing up at school with an NRA sticker on his backpack.

Does a mass of people being shot not amount to a mass shooting.  Think about what you're saying here.  Unless four or more people die..and even if 20 some odd are injured..that's a lowered bar, horseshit, and to be discounted?

You have the citations you asked for.  Address them.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 9, 2018 at 9:35 am)Khemikal Wrote: Yes.  It's linked above.  Take a look.  There have been more mass shootings in 2018 alone than all of the mass shootings tracked by mother jones since 1982.

Mother jones isn't tracking mass shootings..they're tracking high media profile mass shootings.

OK, saw it, different strokes. I note that it's not tracking some details that I like (i.e. mental health).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 8, 2018 at 10:15 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(November 8, 2018 at 10:10 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Gun ownership isn't going to decline until people prone to buy guns feel safe. Given that they are safer than they were 20 years ago, being safer doesn't translate into them feeling safer.

People buy guns for as many reasons as there are kinds of guns.

It' s not simply " feeling safe".

If it were, manufacturers would only need to produce one model.

You got me. I was clearly implying that there was only one reason in the world people own guns. Good thing you were on the case there, Sherlock.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Well, different strokes..sure, and they don't explicitly track mental health (but they do link to incidents and sources so you can find that).  The glaring difference, ofc, is that mother jones only reports one third as many of the mass shootings that have happened just this year...in their 36 year long database.

Seems like they might have missed a few*.

*thousand
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
When you don't get your way - inflate your data.

Gun control proponernts tend to think " anything for the cause" is good.

They accuse gun rights people of " being in favor of killing" - simply because gun proponents are in favor of responsible gun owners owning firearms.

To the Brady bunch - every gun owner is a " gun nut" - who is just waiting for an excuse to kill someone.

I' m sure some of the more rabid anti gun people will accuse me of being an evil, stupid, irresponsible gun whacko - simply because I own some scary looking guns. This despite over 50 years of shooting, and 18 years of daily carrying concealed -- without a single incident. Despite training - in government service and as a civilian. Despite having a spotless record, and having held a top secret security clearance, and being bonded.

The biggest  lie they tell? " We don't want to take your guns"

Explain this
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/surve...n-all-guns
(November 9, 2018 at 10:58 am)onlinebiker Wrote: They accuse gun rights people of " being in favor of killing" - simply because gun proponents are in favor of responsible gun owners owning firearms.

It's not the responsible gun owners that gun control advocates are worried about. This seems to be nothing but a strawman.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 9, 2018 at 6:47 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(November 9, 2018 at 6:41 am)Brian37 Wrote: Disturbed is disturbed, no matter the motive. Mentally fill, workplace grudge, school, racial, religious or political motives, all of them have the same thing in common, easy access to firearms.

Kalifornia - home of the strictest gun laws in the nation - according to the Brady bunch......

And yet.....

And yet, evidence that they are not strict enough!
(November 9, 2018 at 11:14 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(November 9, 2018 at 6:47 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Kalifornia - home of the strictest gun laws in the nation - according to the Brady bunch......

And NJ yet.....

Tell us -  what is???
(November 9, 2018 at 11:14 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(November 9, 2018 at 6:47 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Kalifornia - home of the strictest gun laws in the nation - according to the Brady bunch......

And yet.....

No shit Minn. They are so blind and worship an object so much facts do not matter to them. If our laws were working so well we would not see all the firearm violence we do. And all they have as a solution is arm more and sell more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 31183 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14557 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 7197 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 4430 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 335 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6650 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3107 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 6019 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2893 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1588 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am