Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 10:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love AOC part 2
RE: I love AOC part 2
(March 2, 2019 at 12:17 am)bennyboy Wrote: Point is, where'd you get the headline if you don't like Fox?

Surely you're not dumb enough to think one has to "watch" or like a particular news organization in order to come across a specific article... right? I think you're smarter than that.

(March 2, 2019 at 12:17 am)bennyboy Wrote: As for the content: I think "moderate democrat" socially is great, "moderate democrat" politically is a euphemism for money-grubbing, big-business wooing sucker of Satan's cock-- don't you tell me that Hillary's breath doesn't smell like a mixture of sulfur and babies' blood.

You could just as easily say that about any political affiliation.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(February 12, 2019 at 3:43 pm)Drich Wrote: You know she is describing the clintons right?

she is describing the establishment and status quo which trump and Clinton are a part of

Quote:Trump funded himself and did not take one dollar from any special interest group. in fact that is what he calls the 'swamp' and his call to drain the swamp mirrors the same points this lady brought up. Do you remember the chants to 'drain the swamp?' that is exactly what he is refering to.

that is grade A baloney
https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/candi...=N00023864

Quote:But you all would never hear it from trump, but put a "dem" title infront of a girl power senator and you all fall in line..

Still don't think you all are Indoctrinated ?

Same idea almost verbadum different source and you want to make this person president! Wake up dumb ass you have a president right ow right to accomplish the very same thing!!!

nope, people get behind AOC because she is actual fighting for the people and exposing the corruption going on while Trump literally is the swamp

Trump filled his entire cabinet with swamp monsters.
(March 2, 2019 at 12:22 am)PRJA93 Wrote: You could just as easily say that about any political affiliation.
You won't get much pushback from me on that. I'd say there ARE some reasonably clean politicians: the late John McCain on the right, and Bernie on the left seem pretty respectable to me.

My interest is in seeing a new political divide-- instead of between left and right, between meme and thought, or between good sense and idiocy. I'd like an oligarchy of the smart rather than of the rich-- let bright people boldly seize power from the morons who should be too stupid to hang on to it. And pray that they apply that intelligence toward a more fair society, rather than to converting it to financial currency.
(March 1, 2019 at 10:57 pm)PRJA93 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-...-on-a-list

I'm not one to use Fox as a source, but if there's any truth to this, it's a bit unsettling.

AOC apparently intends to "help progressive activists unseat those moderates in their districts in the 2020 elections."

How bizarre. The far left attacking the left that doesn't lean far enough left.

If this is true, it's a shame.

they aren't left, they are center right at bst, they are republican lite. In fact AOC and Justice democrats are just regular left wing, not far left.

and how is it unsettling? if anything its great news if it turns out to be true
(March 2, 2019 at 5:49 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote:
(March 1, 2019 at 10:57 pm)PRJA93 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-...-on-a-list

I'm not one to use Fox as a source, but if there's any truth to this, it's a bit unsettling.

AOC apparently intends to "help progressive activists unseat those moderates in their districts in the 2020 elections."

they aren't left, they are center right at bst, they are republican lite. In fact AOC and Justice democrats are just regular left wing, not far left.

AOC seems to disagree with you, clearly differentiating herself from moderate Democrats.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

It's basically true. AOC is a Justice Democrat. The Justice Democrats specifically aim to challenge incumbent New Democrats in primaries and unseat them. That's what AOC did to win her seat. Her chief of staff and legislative director are leading members of the Justice Democrats. It's not the far left against the left. It's more like the left against those who dragged the center to the right.

Here's a very good article about the Justice Democrats and how AOC was recruited by them. The title of the article is There is Going to be a War Within the Party and We Are Going to Lean Into It.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...tez-224542
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
I'm going to have to pick a side, here. PRJA93, I see why many including yourself wouldn't like AOC. But for me, personally, I'd favor almost any change at all over more of the same. So long as Justice Democrat doesn't end up being "PC thought police," and the Green New Deal doesn't come in with heavy anti-free-speech legislation, then I'd like to see what they can do.
AOC is an sjw mascot.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 2, 2019 at 5:56 am)PRJA93 Wrote:
(March 2, 2019 at 5:49 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote: they aren't left, they are center right at bst, they are republican lite. In fact AOC and Justice democrats are just regular left wing, not far left.

AOC seems to disagree with you, clearly differentiating herself from moderate Democrats.

what is a moderate democrat exactly? left wing is hardly what they are since they keep admitting that they need to move further right in order to win elections

how is she differentiating from "moderate democrats" aka republican lite?

by wanting a green new deal implemented?
by wanting to regulate Wall St and break up these too big to fail businesses?
by wanting to tax income over $10 million  at 70%?
by wanting to get rid of citizens united and allowing for only public financing of campaigns?
by wanting universal healthcare?
by wanting tuition free college and improved higher education?
by wanting to end the illegal wars you got going overseas?
by wanting to raise the minimum wage to a living wage?
by abolishing ICE?
(March 2, 2019 at 11:44 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: AOC is an sjw mascot.

Yeah, no doubt.  But I see her as cocky and active rather than pointlessly screechy.  Remember, I'm not against the values of the PC left so much as against the annoying, disrespectful and self-indulgent way in which the SJWs present those values. Dancing and posting an in-your-face-bitches video isn't that, at least to me.

Let's see if I regret my middle-aged crush later, though. It's possible. Smile

Right now, my dream team for the Democrats would be Bernie + AOC. I'm not sure about either of them for different reasons, but I'd like the left to be expressed in politics AS the left. Let people have a real choice in the kind of government they're going to get. And I have to say-- with the technological revolution making a real divide between tired old baby boomers and young whatever-they're-called-now, a younger government really will be infinitely more democratic. I mean. . . online polls.

Knowing what I know now, for example, I wouldn't say Obama was the second coming that he was made out to be. He was pretty much Mitt Romney with melanin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden condemned by AOC over detention center. Brian37 20 1015 March 2, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 3129 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The worst part of the pandemic - onlinebiker 19 1681 April 4, 2020 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs EgoDeath 8 839 November 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 5657 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  I think I have a crush on AOC bennyboy 25 4462 March 19, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I don't like AOC and her fake new fans part 1 Drich 12 1759 February 20, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  This topic from 2016, proved true in 2018, read and do your part WinterHold 0 351 September 8, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Gay conversion therapy' to be banned as part of LGBT equality plan possibletarian 9 1340 July 4, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Space Directive Un, Part Duex...no trois..no.... The Grand Nudger 44 7356 December 19, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire