Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin Murder Trial
RE: Chauvin Murder Trial
(April 5, 2021 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 5:15 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: https://www.fox9.com/news/judge-rules-so...uvin-trial

The beginning of the video will be played for the jury in the Chauvin trial. Eating your stash can be dangerous, no? Especially when Floyd was already high out of his mind before he went into the store to steal the cigarettes. This is the type of behaviour that could be expected of George. Behaviour that could kill people. Did behaviour like this contribute to his death? Maybe.

It's lying under oath, no matter how you look at it. The witnesses were angry and they should have been angry. He could have defended himself without lying under oath. Just say, "Yes, of course I was angry but I was no threat to anyone." Then, as a juror, I don't see you as a liar who's trying to say whatever he can to bury Chauvin. How can I, as a juror, trust anything about what he's said about MMA techniques and all of that, when he won't simply admit, that yes, he wasn't thrilled that someone was being killed in front of his eyes and he's not a robot without emotions?

How can you, as a juror, evaluate the emotional state of a witness to an incident from ten months ago? Maybe he’s in therapy for anger management. Maybe he’s one of those rare birds who simply doesn’t get angry.

Or maybe - just maybe - you decided he’s lying because you need him to be lying.

Boru

Maybe because he's on video threatening to assault the officers? Did we forget about that already?
(April 5, 2021 at 5:15 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 1:01 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, the year before he died, he swallowed some drugs after the cops arrested him.

[Image: RJAOBIN.gif]

Are you arguing that that time, he also had a cop kneel on his neck long past the point where he lost consciousness?
Did he somehow die of an overdose in 2019, come back to life, and then manage to die the same way in 2020?

No? Then this case ain't fucking relevant to what happened in 2020.

https://www.fox9.com/news/judge-rules-so...uvin-trial

The beginning of the video will be played for the jury in the Chauvin trial. Eating your stash can be dangerous, no? Especially when Floyd was already high out of his mind before he went into the store to steal the cigarettes. This is the type of behaviour that could be expected of George. Behaviour that could kill people. Did behaviour like this contribute to his death? Maybe.

It might have contributed to his death, but then again, maybe the whole “knee on the neck” thing might have been the big catalyst that finally made it happen. Like the autopsies both said. Like I said, being in a choke hold long past the point where you become unconscious is a pretty big variable that wasn’t in the previous arrest.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 5, 2021 at 5:37 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How can you, as a juror, evaluate the emotional state of a witness to an incident from ten months ago? Maybe he’s in therapy for anger management. Maybe he’s one of those rare birds who simply doesn’t get angry.

Or maybe - just maybe - you decided he’s lying because you need him to be lying.

Boru

Maybe because he's on video threatening to assault the officers? Did we forget about that already?

*shrug* I’ve threatened and assaulted people without being angry at them. It’s not that unusual.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(April 5, 2021 at 4:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 4:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, that certainly is the lawyer's job. I simply think attacking a carreer police cheif like that was not good for his defense.

Again, what else can they do? The video makes it all but impossible to defend Chauvin’s actions (primarily because his actions were indefensible), so the defense are left with trying to make everyone who DIDN’T kneel on Floyd’s neck look worse than the man who did.

Boru

I am not disagreeing with you. I have always held that any defense lawyer should always do the best they can. 

But his defense lawyer has a really shitty case to defend. 

1. "My client was just following training."----- Negated by his own superiors.

2. "My client had to stay on his back because the crowd frightened him".  5 people, one off duty EMT, a kid, an old man, and a MMA guy, all keeping their distance. 

3. "He was on drugs". Yes he was, but he was also restrained for over 9 minutes with a knee on his neck, and they didn't lend him aid or cpr once he passed out. 

I do not envy Chauvin's lawyer.
And for anyone who thinks that what happened to George Floyd was just supposed to be standard operating procedure:

Once again, Chauvin spent a bit shy of four minutes kneeling on Floyd's neck while he was still unconscious.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 5, 2021 at 5:37 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Maybe because he's on video threatening to assault the officers? Did we forget about that already?

-and that's why the guy who stood on his neck for nine minutes isn't guilty of murder.

Do you practice this to hear yourself before you type it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 5, 2021 at 10:17 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 5:37 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Maybe because he's on video threatening to assault the officers? Did we forget about that already?

-and that's why the guy who stood on his neck for nine minutes isn't guilty of murder.

Do you practice this to hear yourself before you type it?

Nope, and I literally just complimented the prosecution's case yesterday by saying that Zimmerman's testimony was pretty damning.

I don't know why you see the need to continue to defend lying under oath. You lie under oath, you lose credibility. This is not hard to understand. Doesn't mean he's not guilty of murder. It just means I, as a juror, take everything he said about MMA techniques and I throw it all out of the window as if I had never heard it. If they want to get an MMA expert to testify, get one that doesn't have such a high investment in the case.
(April 5, 2021 at 5:37 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 5:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How can you, as a juror, evaluate the emotional state of a witness to an incident from ten months ago? Maybe he’s in therapy for anger management. Maybe he’s one of those rare birds who simply doesn’t get angry.

Boru

Who threatened whom? I didn't hear one threat from George or any of the bystanders. I did hear the officer who walked up to George's vehicle threaten him and cuss at George. I've been watching the case and all the videos on Headline News in full while they were covering the trial LIVE in full, in court, UNCUT. Not once did I hear George or any of the bystanders threaten any of the officers.
(April 6, 2021 at 2:36 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:  It just means I, as a juror, take everything he said about MMA techniques and I throw it all out of the window as if I had never heard it. 

A perfect example of why we go through jury selection before trials.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 5, 2021 at 6:18 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(April 5, 2021 at 5:15 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: https://www.fox9.com/news/judge-rules-so...uvin-trial

It might have contributed to his death, but then again, maybe the whole “knee on the neck” thing might have been the big catalyst that finally made it happen. Like the autopsies both said. Like I said, being in a choke hold long past the point where you become unconscious is a pretty big variable that wasn’t in the previous arrest.

Blame the victim Irreligious . Nope sorry, it does not matter what George was on, once he was handcuffed and prone face down, and especially after he became unresponsive, it was the duty of Chauvin and the other officers to back off.  THEY DID NOT! 

None of George's behavior indicated that he was resisting out of malice. All of his behaviors and language indicate he was simply scared. But even if he had just been arrested for murder, police are not paid to kill suspects, ESPECIALLY after they are handcuffed. 

I really don't see how anyone can get past the tesimony of his superiors whom have all agreed that what Chauvin did was beyond the scope. 

And why the fuck are you assuming that George knew the bill was fake? And even if it was, and he knew, why does the cost of a pack of ciggarets constitute a death sentance?

Have you ever seen those religios tracts right wing nuts leave at restaurants, that look like a big tip, only to open it up to see that it wasn't real money? I've been fooled by that myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kyle Rittenhouse Trial onlinebiker 352 24057 November 25, 2021 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel. Brian37 23 1085 June 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1451 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Boeing: Premeditated murder? ignoramus 0 519 September 30, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 485 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi Arabia: The Saudi hit squad linked to the Khashoggi murder WinterHold 9 1444 March 22, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 462 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bezos links ‘blackmailing’ to Khashoggi murder WinterHold 7 1293 February 12, 2019 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Man uses "Gay Panic Defense" to get away with murder Divinity 18 3327 April 28, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Good strategy if you face an impending trial abaris 2 666 August 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope