Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 12:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
(June 5, 2022 at 12:10 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(June 5, 2022 at 11:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: It is subject to change by the forces of the "hold my beer" conspiracy nuts on the fetish far right. How dare we actually want to reduce firearm violence. I personally love fearing going out of my house and possibly having my brain turned into mutton.

All because of the "free to be dumb" marketers in the industry.

But we could ask the Tootsie Roll turtle. Oh, the owl retired back in the 70s, the turtle man took over. 

"Mr Turtle, how many dead bodies does it take to get you to sanity?" Mitch, " Lets see....... One..... a twooo, a threeee. Oh who am I kidding? I really don't care, I don't want to upset my gravy train donators in the industry and their lobby. But I do have a free toe tag if you'd like one."

In a country of 330’ish million people who have access to more weapons than most other populations, Zero is an illogical number. But I’m all for reducing said number also. 

So, what is your ideal number?

Where did I say we could ever get to zero guns? I have said, and it remains true, that one party, one industry and one lobby does not care about how many body bags get filled on a daily bases. Our other wealthy ally peer nations, also allow for firearm ownership, but they don't have a cultish fetish faction of firearm owners holding their nation hostage like we do here.

Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and many European nations allow for firearm sales and ownership. But when they have a problem, they fix it. We have a saturated market, and an ease of access problem. The industry is only concerned with profits, not public safety.
(June 5, 2022 at 12:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 5, 2022 at 12:10 pm)Spooky Wrote: In a country of 330’ish million people who have access to more weapons than most other populations, Zero is an illogical number. But I’m all for reducing said number also. 

So, what is your ideal number?

Where did I say we could ever get to zero guns? I have said, and it remains true, that one party, one industry and one lobby does not care about how many body bags get filled on a daily bases. Our other wealthy ally peer nations, also allow for firearm ownership, but they don't have a cultish fetish faction of firearm owners holding their nation hostage like we do here.

Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and many European nations allow for firearm sales and ownership. But when they have a problem, they fix it. We have a saturated market, and an ease of access problem. The industry is only concerned with profits, not public safety.

You never said that we could get to Zero guns or Zero daily injuries from guns. I’m simply stating that’s illogical in the hopes you wouldn’t use it. (I’ve seen many people spout the “even one is too many” thing. )

Earlier this week, in my city of Lincoln Ne, a 15 year old drove his car 100’ish miles an hour, and got in an accident killing two and injuring 19 others. Not two blocks from my house. I can say with 100% certainty that I’m more afraid of idiots with cars, than idiots with guns. (Both being an issue of course.). 

The problem with comparing the US to other countries is size. We have states with the population of most of those countries. 

I grew up with guns, and I don’t understand this idea that there’s a “cultish fetish”. Can you give me some examples?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(June 5, 2022 at 2:09 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(June 5, 2022 at 12:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Where did I say we could ever get to zero guns? I have said, and it remains true, that one party, one industry and one lobby does not care about how many body bags get filled on a daily bases. Our other wealthy ally peer nations, also allow for firearm ownership, but they don't have a cultish fetish faction of firearm owners holding their nation hostage like we do here.

You never said that we could get to Zero guns or Zero daily injuries from guns. I’m simply stating that’s illogical in the hopes you wouldn’t use it. (I’ve seen many people spout the “even one is too many” thing. )

Earlier this week, in my city of Lincoln Ne, a 15 year old drove his car 100’ish miles an hour, and got in an accident killing two and injuring 19 others. Not two blocks from my house. I can say with 100% certainty that I’m more afraid of idiots with cars, than idiots with guns. (Both being an issue of course.). 

The problem with comparing the US to other countries is size. We have states with the population of most of those countries. 

I grew up with guns, and I don’t understand this idea that there’s a “cultish fetish”. Can you give me some examples?

Nobody is looking for a perfect utopia, but we should ALWAYS work on reducing firearm injuries and deaths as much as possible. It is good for society to care about public safety.  I am tired of the wild west "unabridged" misinterpretation the industry and lobby markets. It is simply fear marketing to scare their base into supporting them.

You can't take a car 32 stories up in a hotel and murder over 50 people from a football field's length away. 

Saying people get injured and die from use of other things is a dodge.
(June 5, 2022 at 2:09 pm)Spooky Wrote: I grew up with guns, and I don’t understand this idea that there’s a “cultish fetish”. Can you give me some examples?

I'd start with those politicians who'd brook no restrictions on the 2A. All rights have restrictions, including all five of the rights enumerated in the 1A. I see no reason why the 2A should be exempt; and indeed, it already isn't.

I learnt how to shoot at 9 years old, on my uncle's farm, and shot expert in the USAF as part of a mobility team (firefighter, not combat troop, still had to qualify on the M16A1 quarterly). I'm comfortable and responsible with a gun in my hand. It's the other sorry bastard that worries me, lol.

One of the kids mentioned in this video was BODY SLAMMED by a School Officer, and got knocked out. Why? Because the insecure bully wanted to teach her a lesson about giving him lip. Yet I have seen video of white people yelling at cops and all they get is a ticket. No Mr Officer, you do not have the right to beat the crap out of a kid just because they misbehave.  With the cult worshipers, their solution is always more armed people, and that is a vicious dangerous lie that does not promote public safety. It promotes Orwellian Authoritarian rule. And mentally speaking, with a kid or a teen, that can psychologically scar them for the rest of their lives over minor, non life threatening BULLSHIT.

(June 5, 2022 at 3:32 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 5, 2022 at 2:09 pm)Spooky Wrote: I grew up with guns, and I don’t understand this idea that there’s a “cultish fetish”. Can you give me some examples?

I'd start with those politicians who'd brook no restrictions on the 2A. All rights have restrictions, including all five of the rights enumerated in the 1A. I see no reason why the 2A should be exempt; and indeed, it already isn't.

I learnt how to shoot at 9 years old, on my uncle's farm, and shot expert in the USAF as part of a mobility team (firefighter, not combat troop, still had to qualify on the M16A1 quarterly). I'm comfortable and responsible with a gun in my hand. It's the other sorry bastard that worries me, lol.

‘I live in America legally and I pay my taxes. Your First Amendment gives me the right to say your Second Amendment is bullshit.’ - Jim Jeffries

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 6, 2022 at 1:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: One of the kids mentioned in this video was BODY SLAMMED by a School Officer, and got knocked out. Why? Because the insecure bully wanted to teach her a lesson about giving him lip. Yet I have seen video of white people yelling at cops and all they get is a ticket. No Mr Officer, you do not have the right to beat the crap out of a kid just because they misbehave.  With the cult worshipers, their solution is always more armed people, and that is a vicious dangerous lie that does not promote public safety. It promotes Orwellian Authoritarian rule. And mentally speaking, with a kid or a teen, that can psychologically scar them for the rest of their lives over minor, non life threatening BULLSHIT.

I once had no less than four police officers lie on paperwork in order to strengthen their case against me. I ultimately won, but it cost a fuck ton of money in legal fees. Fuck cops. 

(June 6, 2022 at 2:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 5, 2022 at 3:32 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'd start with those politicians who'd brook no restrictions on the 2A. All rights have restrictions, including all five of the rights enumerated in the 1A. I see no reason why the 2A should be exempt; and indeed, it already isn't.

‘I live in America legally and I pay my taxes. Your First Amendment gives me the right to say your Second Amendment is bullshit.’ - Jim Jeffries

Boru

I disagree with what you say, but will defend your right to say it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(June 2, 2022 at 10:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Do you think that there is any chance that these people are not mentally ill?

[Image: Normal.jpg]

Has anyone for one moment stopped to think that this is a staged photo?

Are we sure these people acutally own all these guns?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Superusers. Alot of the guns in the us are in relatively few places. About 3% of americans own between 8 and 140 guns each.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 7, 2022 at 10:19 am)Spooky Wrote:
(June 6, 2022 at 1:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: One of the kids mentioned in this video was BODY SLAMMED by a School Officer, and got knocked out. Why? Because the insecure bully wanted to teach her a lesson about giving him lip. Yet I have seen video of white people yelling at cops and all they get is a ticket. No Mr Officer, you do not have the right to beat the crap out of a kid just because they misbehave.  With the cult worshipers, their solution is always more armed people, and that is a vicious dangerous lie that does not promote public safety. It promotes Orwellian Authoritarian rule. And mentally speaking, with a kid or a teen, that can psychologically scar them for the rest of their lives over minor, non life threatening BULLSHIT.

I once had no less than four police officers lie on paperwork in order to strengthen their case against me. I ultimately won, but it cost a fuck ton of money in legal fees. Fuck cops. 

(June 6, 2022 at 2:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘I live in America legally and I pay my taxes. Your First Amendment gives me the right to say your Second Amendment is bullshit.’ - Jim Jeffries

Boru

I disagree with what you say, but will defend your right to say it.

No not, "Fuck cops", but "fuck corrupt cops", "Fuck training them to assume the worst and shoot first", "fuck arming police and society to the point everyone is paranoid of each other." But hey, paranoia and fear makes the firearm CEOs tons of money. I think red rural zip codes, purple suburban zip codes, and blue urban zip codes, all need to recognize the real enemy, an industry that profits off of fear and death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1731 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4112 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1178 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2883 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10399 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1819 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1271 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3869 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 12468 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3294 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda