Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
(June 9, 2022 at 8:16 pm)Helios Wrote: So insults but no actual arguments ..... Dodgy
That’s pretty par for the course when it comes to Biker, really. I suspect that, deep down, he knows a lot of his arguments are bullshit and that he can’t defend them rationally, so he just resorts to insults. He may have a point when pointing out that just making certain guns and gun accessories illegal doesn’t do much more than put a band-aid over a gangrenous wound. 

But when it comes to his conviction that gun control advocates are all looking to make private gun ownership illegal, he can’t really defend that like a normal position. He can’t because there’s no evidence that anyone in power is trying to make that happen. The closest I’ve ever heard him come to giving any real evidence that this is the case is talking about how that exact same thing happened with Tommy guns… in 1939.

And because a law that was passed the same year World War 2 started isn’t necessarily a good point of comparison, especially when most of the gun control bills being proposed in the last 30 years make a point of grandfathering in existing guns &c (and the only ones that provide for confiscation do so only when the authorities have probable cause [read: a judge has to sign off on a warrant] to believe that a specific gun owner is a danger to themselves and others). So he resorts to insults.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
In Biker's defense, he has an impressive imagination. Coffee
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The Uvalde police chief is now saying that he didn't know he was in charge during the incident. Really? It was a police operation. You are the chief of police.

These are not difficult dots to connect.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 12, 2022 at 4:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Uvalde police chief is now saying that he didn't know he was in charge during the incident. Really? It was a police operation. You are the chief of police.

Boru

And you expect WHAT?

A fully armed SWAT team roling in within 30 seconds of the incident?

The local PD consists of 6 people. Chief of police and 5 officers - 3 of which would have been off duty.

Exactly what kind of response are you expecting????

They don' t have a ready response team.

There is no money for the personnel, let alone equipment.

For the most part small departments like this just sweep up the drunks who kill themselves driving and handle domestic disputes. They are lucky to get some EMT training.
Quote:nd you expect WHAT?

The local PD consists of 6 people. Chief of police and 5 officers - 3 of which would have been off duty.

For the most part small departments like this just sweep up the drunks who kill themselves driving and handle domestic disputes. They are lucky to get some EMT training.
Lol yes, we can't have a reasonable in-between of competent cops who can take out a one-armed man within an hour and a swat team.... Dodgy

The apologetics has gotten absurd  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 12, 2022 at 4:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Uvalde police chief is now saying that he didn't know he was in charge during the incident. Really? It was a police operation. You are the chief of police.

Boru

And you expect WHAT?

I expect a police CHIEF to know that he’s in charge of police operations. 

Not sure what you brought up what you did, since I said nothing about the response, I was simply wondering why Arredondo would say he didn’t know he was in charge, since his job is to BE in charge.

For the record, Uvalde has about 40 sworn full time officers and a part time SWAT team. Uvalde, a town of 16 000 people has a $4 million dollar police budget - that’s just police, not the whole town. That’s 40% of the entire civic budget.

I know I’ve said this before, but you should really look stuff up before posting it here.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 12, 2022 at 4:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: And you expect WHAT?

I expect a police CHIEF to know that he’s in charge of police operations. 

Not sure what you brought up what you did, since I said nothing about the response, I was simply wondering why Arredondo would say he didn’t know he was in charge, since his job is to BE in charge.

For the record, Uvalde has about 40 sworn full time officers and a part time SWAT team. Uvalde, a town of 16 000 people has a $4 million dollar police budget - that’s just police, not the whole town. That’s 40% of the entire civic budget.

I know I’ve said this before, but you should really look stuff up before posting it here.

Boru
From article in Texas Tribune

As head of the six-member police force responsible for keeping Uvalde schools safe, Arredondo has been singled out for much of the blame, particularly by state officials. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/09/...interview/
Quote:From article in Texas Tribune

As head of the six-member police force responsible for keeping Uvalde schools safe, Arredondo has been singled out for much of the blame, particularly by state officials. 
This doesn't refute his point and changing the font size doesn't change that... Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 12, 2022 at 5:10 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 12, 2022 at 4:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I expect a police CHIEF to know that he’s in charge of police operations. 

Boru
From article in Texas Tribune

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/09/...interview/

Those six members are the Uvalde School District police. The town as a whole has the number of officers mentioned above. When crimes occur on school property, Arredondo, as chief of the School District police, is in charge. How could he not know that? It’s in his job title. It’s like a taxi driver claiming he didn’t know he was supposed to drive people around in exchange for money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/20...ool-chief/

Quote:The police response to the Texas school massacre was led by the chief of a six-officer police department that oversees about eight schools. The first officers on the scene were from the Uvalde city police force, which has a part-time SWAT team and about 40 officers on the payroll.

Policing experts said it makes sense that the school police chief was in charge, given that it was his campus and he knows the safety protocols.

Boru
Fine. Fire the police chief.

It still does not obligate the police to DO ANYTHING.

https://mises.org/power-market/police-ha...-yet-again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1804 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4196 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1224 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2988 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10587 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1870 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1296 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4110 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 12683 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3352 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda