Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
(August 8, 2022 at 6:52 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 4:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’d like something to work, of course. I just remain unconvinced that a gun locked in a safe is going to do much good.

Boru

I don' t see why it needs to be a rifle.

A .38 special revolver would be fine. In close quarters -15 meters or so - any full sized handgun would be fine. Loaded with glazier bullets to control overpenetration.

They could mount a biometric safe in each room of the school with approved teachers fingerprints as access.

The approved teachers should be volunteers and should get training. 

It would be highly advantageous to NOT disclose which teachers do or do not have access. 

When these shootings occur time is crucial. These monsters need to be disabled by whatever means are necessary ASAP. Just 5 minutes can mean dozens of deaths... This means whoever is on scene has the best chance of stopping things the quickest.

But you' d be fucked if you are unarmed.

And you think these schools can actually afford a biometric safe? And you think it’s reasonable to expect that by the time one of those approved teachers actually gets to the safe, loads the AR-15, and gets to the scene of the crime, the massacre won’t be over? And that when the time comes, the weapon will be wielded by someone who can actually use it properly? I can’t help but notice that you keep ignoring these questions.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 8, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 6:52 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I don' t see why it needs to be a rifle.

A .38 special revolver would be fine. In close quarters -15 meters or so - any full sized handgun would be fine. Loaded with glazier bullets to control overpenetration.

They could mount a biometric safe in each room of the school with approved teachers fingerprints as access.

It would be highly advantageous to NOT disclose which teachers do or do not have access. 

When these shootings occur time is crucial. These monsters need to be disabled by whatever means are necessary ASAP. Just 5 minutes can mean dozens of deaths... This means whoever is on scene has the best chance of stopping things the quickest.

If you have a safe in each room of the school, then ALL school personnel (not just teachers) would need to have access. For example, if there’s a gun safe in the mop cupboard, it isn’t going to do much good if the nearest ‘approved teacher’ is two corridors away. Similarly, a gun safe in a room with a non-approved teacher would be useless.

You really think all those people - cafeteria workers, administrators, janitors, etc - would volunteer?

Boru
Honestly, if you put a safe with an AR-15 in every room, this is the sort of situation where your hostage hypothesis starts to make sense. Of course, you wouldn’t need to start a hostage situation. Just tell the teacher in question “I’m getting to that safe one way or another. You can either open the safe using your fingerprint or your retinal scanner while alive, or I can kill you and use your fingerprint or peel your eyes open while you’re dead.”

You could argue that you’re just as dead with a revolver as with an AR-15, but I suspect that many school shooters aren’t that pragmatic. If it can be as easy as that to get more firepower, I can easily imagine that a shooter would just be thinking something like:
[Image: more-dakka.jpg]
A revolver can kill someone as dead as an AR-15, but the AR-15 has more firepower to kill more people in less time.

(August 8, 2022 at 7:53 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 6:52 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I don' t see why it needs to be a rifle.

And you think these schools can actually afford a biometric safe? And you think it’s reasonable to expect that by the time one of those approved teachers actually gets to the safe, loads the AR-15, and gets to the scene of the crime, the massacre won’t be over? And that when the time comes, the weapon will be wielded by someone who can actually use it properly? I can’t help but notice that you keep ignoring these questions.

Can they afford computers?

A biometric safe costs less.

It need not be a rifle. A revolver would suffice.

Why would you have it unloaded? Are you really THAT dense?

And we already said VOLUNTEERS WITH TRAINING.

.can't help noticing you inventing problems.
Quote:Can they afford computers?

American schools can barely afford textbooks and basic school supplies and good ideas get some fucking weekend warriors to guard the schools... Dodgy

It's not invented problems it's actual problems ..... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

It bears repeating: guns don't belong in school.

And stop further attributing to the gun problem by adding more guns as though this society should be rifled with them.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Isn't it amazing how virtually no other country needs an armed group of yahoo's in their schools.... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 8, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

If you have a safe in each room of the school, then ALL school personnel (not just teachers) would need to have access. For example, if there’s a gun safe in the mop cupboard, it isn’t going to do much good if the nearest ‘approved teacher’ is two corridors away. Similarly, a gun safe in a room with a non-approved teacher would be useless.

You really think all those people - cafeteria workers, administrators, janitors, etc - would volunteer?

Boru

Why would you give access to unqualified people?

Is that not exactly what you have been bleating about?

All gun safes could have the exact same keying - and contain the same type firearm that all of those who.volunteer for this program and complete the training will be versed in using.

Furthermore - ---

The program would be administrated by local law enforcement - who check the equipment every week.

Also - during that check - along with the firearm they would include two colored armbands - which the teacher would put on when taking out the firearm. (color would change weekly.)

That way when law enforcement does arrive on scene - they don' t shoot those teachers with guns trying to protect the kids.
(August 8, 2022 at 10:13 pm)Tomato Wrote: It bears repeating: guns don't belong in school.

And stop further attributing to the gun problem by adding more guns as though this society should be rifled with them.

And if pigs had wings they' d fly.

Guns are here..they are not going away however much you wish they would.

Find a way to deal with that reality.
(August 8, 2022 at 10:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 10:13 pm)Tomato Wrote: It bears repeating: guns don't belong in school.

And if pigs had wings they' d fly.

Guns are here..they are not going away however much you wish they would.

Find a way to deal with that reality.
And we can’t just regulate who we allow to use them (like every other developed nation) because…

(August 8, 2022 at 10:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 7:53 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And you think these schools can actually afford a biometric safe? And you think it’s reasonable to expect that by the time one of those approved teachers actually gets to the safe, loads the AR-15, and gets to the scene of the crime, the massacre won’t be over? And that when the time comes, the weapon will be wielded by someone who can actually use it properly? I can’t help but notice that you keep ignoring these questions.

Can they afford computers?

I mentioned a rifle because the story that started this whole discussion about guns in schools was about a North Carolina sheriff deciding to give all his schools an AR-15.

Why have it unloaded? Because, looking at rules for safe gun storage, It’s generally considered best practice to keep guns unloaded until they’re needed to fire.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 2601 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 5446 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Silver 12 1390 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 3747 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 12300 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 2336 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1558 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4906 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 14663 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3755 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda