Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
(August 15, 2022 at 5:16 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 4:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yes. The FBI saying the gun could NOT have fired without the trigger being deliberately pulled. Baldwin said his finger wasn't even on the trigger and the gun 'just went off'. That's a blatant lie, and he knows it's a blatant lie. He's handled prop guns dozens of times in his career, not one of them has just gone off.

My guess (and it's ONLY a guess) is that he was arsing about, with tragic consequences.

Boru

Again - the gun in question was NOT a prop gun. It was a real gun. The manufacturer does not produce a prop gun in 45 colt - the round that was fired.

I explained early in this.thread why the gun could not fire wthout the trigger being pulled - and it breaks down to simple mechanical physics.

The naysayers who are "not convinced" are willing to ignore physics because it doesn' t fit their narrative.

Because they are cunts.

As far as Baldwin lying - I don' t think he is KNOWINGLY lying. He probably believes it.

I had an incident that happen at a firing range years ago. A friend of mine had a squib round fire in a 1911. This means a bullet was lodged in the barrel. I managed to verbally stop him from recycling and firing the gun. It would have blown up in his hand.

My friend was trained - State Department - has been around guns his whole life - and was sure he had just forgot to chamber a round. He did not hear the "pffft" sound of the squib - even though he pulled the trigger.

Memory is a funny thing.
Nope, skeptics will point out that no real case has been made for why it could not have gone off by itself and your explanation was totally deffecient at doing that. Nothing to do with narratives sorry that makes you butthurt Debbie.... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 15, 2022 at 5:16 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 4:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yes. The FBI saying the gun could NOT have fired without the trigger being deliberately pulled. Baldwin said his finger wasn't even on the trigger and the gun 'just went off'. That's a blatant lie, and he knows it's a blatant lie. He's handled prop guns dozens of times in his career, not one of them has just gone off.

My guess (and it's ONLY a guess) is that he was arsing about, with tragic consequences.

Boru

Again - the gun in question was NOT a prop gun. It was a real gun. The manufacturer does not produce a prop gun in 45 colt - the round that was fired.

I explained early in this.thread why the gun could not fire wthout the trigger being pulled - and it breaks down to simple mechanical physics.

The naysayers who are "not convinced" are willing to ignore physics because it doesn' t fit their narrative.

Because they are cunts.

Prop guns frequently ARE real guns. A fully functional firearm used in a film is a prop, by definition.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prop_gun

Quote:prop gun is a gun or gun replicathat is used primarily by movie and television productions or in theatreperformances. As a prop, these guns can be divided into non-firing guns (replicas) and firing guns (firearms).  are subject to restriction by law and safety regulations in use, due to their inherent danger.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 15, 2022 at 6:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 5:16 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Again - the gun in question was NOT a prop gun. It was a real gun. The manufacturer does not produce a prop gun in 45 colt - the round that was fired.

Because they are cunts.

Prop guns frequently ARE real guns. A fully functional firearm used in a film is a prop, by definition.

Quote:prop gun is a gun or gun replicathat is used primarily by movie and television productions or in theatreperformances. As a prop, these guns can be divided into non-firing guns (replicas) and firing guns (firearms).  are subject to restriction by law and safety regulations in use, due to their inherent danger.

Boru

A distinction without meaning.

A functioning firearm is a functioning firearm. Calling it a prop gun won' t make you pretend dead if somebody shoots you with it.
(August 15, 2022 at 6:00 am)Helios Wrote: Nope, skeptics will point out that no real case has been made for why it could not have gone off by itself and your explanation was totally deffecient at doing that. Nothing to do with narratives sorry that makes you butthurt Debbie.... 
Then count yourself among the skeptics that believe the world is flat.

You are working with the exact same level and stupidity and ignorance.

You know dick about guns. But somehow you " know" more than a team of FBI experts....

You been sucking my ass gas too long, chump...
Quote:Then count yourself among the skeptics that believe the world is flat.
Nope, I count myself among those who reject flat earth while you're the flat earther here because just like them you have failed to make a case for your position.

Quote:You are working with the exact same level and stupidity and ignorance.
Nope, but keep asserting nonsense and falling to make a case for your position.... Hehe

Quote:You know dick about guns. But somehow you " know" more than a team of FBI experts....
Actually, I know a great deal about guns and this is an appeal to authority....That's a fallacy.... Dodgy

Quote:You been sucking my ass gas too long, chump...
Nah that would be you, Debbie, You are high on your own supply which makes you say stupid shit like this..... Hehe

Oh and good job "ignoring me" Hilarious
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 15, 2022 at 8:17 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 6:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Prop guns frequently ARE real guns. A fully functional firearm used in a film is a prop, by definition.

Boru

A distinction without meaning.

A functioning firearm is a functioning firearm. Calling it a prop gun won' t make you pretend dead if somebody shoots you with it.

'Prop' refers to an item's use in film, television, or theatre. If D'artagnan and one of the Cardinal's Guard are dueling, they are using prop swords. It doesn't any difference if the swords are honest-to-jesus Solingen steel and sharp enough to kill you - they're STILL props. If they were made of balsa wood painted to look like steel, they are also props.

You're confusing the terms 'prop' and 'replica'. Balwin's gun was capable of firing real bullets, which makes it a firearm as well as a prop. If it had been a replica (incapable of firing anything), it's still a prop.

Words mean what they mean.

Boru
(August 15, 2022 at 2:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 8:17 am)onlinebiker Wrote: A distinction without meaning.

'Prop' refers to an item's use in film, television, or theatre. If D'artagnan and one of the Cardinal's Guard are dueling, they are using prop swords. It doesn't any difference if the swords are honest-to-jesus Solingen steel and sharp enough to kill you - they're STILL props. If they were made of balsa wood painted to look like steel, they are also props.

You're confusing the terms 'prop' and 'replica'. Balwin's gun was capable of firing real bullets, which makes it a firearm as well as a prop. If it had been a replica (incapable of firing anything), it's still a prop.

Boru

It is misleading. It is a real firearm. To call it something else allows the uneducated to assume it is not a functioning firearm.

You want accurate? It is a firearm being used as a prop.

A bad idea.
(August 15, 2022 at 6:54 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 15, 2022 at 2:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Prop' refers to an item's use in film, television, or theatre. If D'artagnan and one of the Cardinal's Guard are dueling, they are using prop swords. It doesn't any difference if the swords are honest-to-jesus Solingen steel and sharp enough to kill you - they're STILL props. If they were made of balsa wood painted to look like steel, they are also props.

Boru

It is misleading. It is a real firearm. To call it something else allows the uneducated to assume it is not a functioning firearm.

You want accurate? It is a firearm being used as a prop.

A bad idea.

If it’s in a movie, it’s a firearm AND a prop. ‘Prop’ is shorthand for ‘property’ - it’s the property of the film studio, TV studio or theatrical company staging the production. It doesn’t mean - and never has meant - fake or non-functional. In a film, a coffee mug is a prop. A wristwatch is a prop. A hat.

What makes any object a prop is the fact that it’s being used in an entertainment production. The gun Baldwin used was…a…prop.

Boru
Just found this little graph on Wikipedia’s page On American mass shootings:
[Image: 1024px-2000-_Outcomes_of_active_shooter_...29.svg.png]

Sauce.

It’s rather telling that Biker seems to think we should be focusing our energies on the scenario that seems least likely to do much of anything. Hell, just subduing the shooter without a gun seems to work about twice as often as shooting him
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1997 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4331 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1268 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 3156 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10933 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1925 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1335 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4176 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 13042 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3411 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda