Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stupid things religious people say
RE: Stupid things religious people say
(October 28, 2022 at 8:55 am)Fireball Wrote: No mucus? Gonna be some dry, painful sex going on.

Apparently, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) licks every penis before sex with his magical spit which is a great lubricant.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 28, 2022 at 6:21 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: [Image: g6Hg5235_o.jpg]

Sounds like the seventy-two virgins are post-menopausal, to me.  Probably Roman Catholic nuns or some shit.
[Image: Ng26priS_o.png]

[Image: q4t38G9A_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: o4jkFHO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
[Image: wTHKwqyP_o.jpg]
They are finally on to him

[Image: XVn3SCiC_o.png]
Hey, it is fake, but it's still inspiring because nothing inspires Christianity more than deception.

Quote:Did the Virgin Mary visit St. Thomas More chapel? Sunlight and shadows send a message of hope

[Image: KLdQsw7b_o.jpg]

If the Blessed Virgin appeared at St. Thomas More High School this week, well, witnesses were not easy to come by Thursday. Nonetheless, there were more than a few believers and many more hopeful people of faith who saw in a photograph taken in the school chapel — it was posted online — an image that suggested Mary, the Mother of God.

Others, too, were moved by the image. On the school’s social media, more than 250 people shared what the image meant to them, most of them favorably.

Mary “told the children at Fatima to pray the Rosary every day for peace in our world long before the miracle on 13 October of 1917,” wrote Pate Colbertcormier. “I see the silhouette and being that this is October and there’s a war between Ukraine and Russia, the students had just finished saying the rosary, we are being reminded of her 1917 promise.” 

Jennifer Brown noted that the image was seen “right after praying the Glorious Mysteries.”

Paula Poche Hornback noted that, “Something special is going on at STM this year, for sure. Look at the Quest retreat numbers (a retreat for underclassmen) and the students going to extra daily Masses!”

The University of Dayton, where they are closely studied, said there were 386 reported in the 20th century; only eight were said to have “a supernatural character.” None of the eight were in the United States, however in 1859 there was an apparition in Wisconsin. It wasn't approved until 2010.

Nor would the church consider this image to be one. But it was not without value, the chancellor suggested.

“The silhouette served to elicit in the imagination of people of faith a much greater truth — that we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses cheering us on to victory,” he wrote, citing Hebrews 12: 1-2. “When we look at a small acorn, we can wonder that one day it will become a massive oak tree. When we see a little caterpillar, we can wonder that one day it will fly. We dare to see beyond, to hidden realities.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/new...2586e.html
Christians being Christians:
Timothy Michael Short is an ex-Christian who attended Liberty University. It is an interesting insight into a brainwashed mind of a person who suddenly realizes he has been lied to, and also someone who thinks he is doing good but is only deluded.

Quote:Will [from "Will & Grace"] was gay. I didn’t realize that because he wasn’t wearing leather chaps and a bouffant with a dangling earring on one ear. He didn’t have a swastika tattoo. Jack Chick’s idea of the militant gay agenda had become my go-to mental picture of all gay people…just like he would want.

I hated the show because gay people were not supposed to look like Will. Gays weren’t funny or interesting. Just a year or so before, when my grandmother tried to play the video As Good As It Gets, I recall my mom getting up and ejecting the video from our VCR. She just couldn’t stand the fact that Greg Kinnear’s sensitive artistic character was gay.

Sitting in the recreation room while all these lukewarm Christians were watching Will and Grace, I got very upset. I got up and said, “anyone who is a real believer in Christ will agree we change the channel immediately. We are Christians, and we don’t need to watch crap like this.”

I also had another “Jesus cleansing the temple” moment a week later when I chased guys out of my dorm for watching Blow starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. Two F bombs might be okay but three in the first five minutes meant it was time to take action. Like Christ whipping the moneychangers out of the temple, I chased these Christian guys out of the room. They ordered a pizza and I grabbed a slice (or three) and then took the whole pizza out in the hall and locked the door behind all of them when they went out in the hall to deliberate about where to finish watching the film. I slid the DVD under the door and told them, “This is my TV! We will only watch things that I approve of.”
And it is all based on Quranic science.

[Image: kN9IPbdX_o.jpg]

https://youtu.be/FT-4SJyxhyM
(November 8, 2022 at 1:16 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: And it is all based on Quranic science.

[Image: kN9IPbdX_o.jpg]

https://youtu.be/FT-4SJyxhyM

Takes a lot of skill or something to get that trouser worm bent across the choad to feed it into the butt.  Dunno
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 14824 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 697 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 18033 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9343 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens GUBU 64 6846 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7229 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5170 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3932 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4353 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 15707 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods