Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
(March 12, 2023 at 2:00 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 11, 2023 at 6:07 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: We even know the things they are doing in these “reeducation centers”

You actually don't know. You have read some things. 

Just recently Jordan Peterson tweeted a photo of some men hooked up to frightening-looking medical machines. He claimed that this was evidence of horrid things going on in China, and hundreds of people believed and re-tweeted it.

Within a few hours it was demonstrated that the photo was taken in a gay SM dungeon in London where men enjoy having things done to them. As of now, Peterson has not apologized. 

Anyway it's not productive to keep going on about these issues where people know in advance what they believe, and filter the evidence accordingly. When the skepticism is as selective as it is on this thread there's no point. So good luck to you, I'm out.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(March 12, 2023 at 2:00 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 11, 2023 at 6:07 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: We even know the things they are doing in these “reeducation centers”

You actually don't know. You have read some things. 

Just recently Jordan Peterson tweeted a photo of some men hooked up to frightening-looking medical machines. He claimed that this was evidence of horrid things going on in China, and hundreds of people believed and re-tweeted it.

Within a few hours it was demonstrated that the photo was taken in a gay SM dungeon in London where men enjoy having things done to them. As of now, Peterson has not apologized. 

Anyway it's not productive to keep going on about these issues where people know in advance what they believe, and filter the evidence accordingly. When the skepticism is as selective as it is on this thread there's no point. So good luck to you, I'm out.

This is a report by DW:

Here are some quotes from the Wİkipedia page:

“From the 1950s to the 1970s, the Chinese government sponsored a mass migration of Han Chinese to Xinjiang and introduced policies designed to suppress cultural identity and religion in the region (…)During the 1980s under Deng Xiaoping, the PRC pursued a new policy of cultural liberalization in Xinjiang and adopted a flexible language policy nationally (…)Beginning in 2014, the Chinese government, under the administration of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General Secretary Xi Jinping, incarcerated more than an estimated one million Turkic Muslims without any legal process in internment camps”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide

This is a Uygur Genocide in a nutshell. For more information I suggest you read the whole Wikipedia Article.

Did you know that the Soviets even backed the Uygur rebellion at some point?

Anyway, I know about these issues because the current “Nationalist / muslim identity / Neo-Ottoman” ruler of mine is doing nothing about these events while it is “Western” nations who stand up against China for the ethnic identity of these people Smile

(I mean Beijing has asked this government to deport some of these Uygur refugees, and the government failed to give a clearly negative answer to that - For whatever reason - )

You can also click on the Video in this link:

The Telegraph

THE PRC is not just any other country to live in. In fact even those who flee the regime (I mean ethnic Chinese) can face severe consequences (like being kidnapped back to China or being simply eliminated in some way) if they do something while they live abroad that is not approved by the Party-state. This is why Hong-Kongers tried to resist the regime, and this is why Taiwan does not want to reunite with China. It’s not a matter of national identity. It’s just the fact that no one is willing to live in an Orwellian regime.  

+ Perhaps Xi-Chi-Pings strong grip on political power may be an attempt to give some extra life to this already collapsing regime (That’s how I see it).
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

I Think Putain is also carrying out some sort of ethnic cleansing within his own country. Here is the report:

“In its latest report Sunday, the U.K. Defense Ministry said Sunday that the impact of the heavy casualties Russia is continuing to suffer in Ukraine varies dramatically across the country. The ministry's intelligence update said that the major cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg remain “relatively unscathed,” particularly among members of Russia's elite. In contrast, in many of Russia’s eastern regions, the death rate as a percentage of the population is “30-40 times higher than in Moscow.”

The report highlighted that ethnic minorities often take the biggest hit. In the southern Astrakhan region, for example, about “75% of casualties come from the minority Kazakh and Tartar populations.””

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-advan...02053.html
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

(March 12, 2023 at 2:00 am)Belacqua Wrote: Anyway it's not productive to keep going on about these issues where people know in advance what they believe, and filter the evidence accordingly.

... says the guy who has how many people on ignore? What a hypocrite.

(March 12, 2023 at 2:00 am)Belacqua Wrote: When the skepticism is as selective as it is on this thread there's no point. So good luck to you, I'm out.

[Image: i3FjfVQ.gif]

(March 11, 2023 at 6:57 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(March 11, 2023 at 6:11 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Highly qualified people have blinders on and get things wrong all of the time. Qualifications or not, you were shown to be wrong, and the Israeli PM confirmed the obvious [...]

Do you see your own problem in apposing these two statements? Probably not. You don't strike me as terribly bright.

(March 11, 2023 at 6:11 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: If you are that bothered by me calling you Trumpalumpacus, I will stop, but come on, dude. The name is one letter off and whoever that is in your avatar, has the same haircut as Trump. I just can't unsee the Donald in your avi.

It doesn't bother me, because I like how you reveal your willingness to blather on out of ignorance. As for the "haircut" in my avatar, that a frame from a video where I'm rocking out on my guitar, processed through Irfanview for edge-finding and color replacement, etc. Here's the original:

[Image: cftoPJb.png]

... and here's my "haircut" in a still pose:

[Image: cjg1FSN.jpg]

But by all means, carry on. You're gonna run out of feet to stick in your mouth before I run out replies to underline how you don't know wtf you're on about. Need help with that shovel yet? You must be getting worn out by now.

People in all professions have blind spots, and have differing opinions on different issues within those fields. So by default, since they don't all agree, many of them are wrong on certain issues, since not everyone can be correct. You working with NATO in the past did not stop you from being wrong and me from being right. You said there was zero evidence that NATO interfered in the peace deal, as if we literally have to be in the room with every world leader and hear all the convos ourselves to even begin to understand anything that's going on, and you used Christopher Hitchens to make your argument for you. You refused to actually address my point in depth, because you claimed that it was unworthy of debate since there was no evidence. In hindsight at least, you should now see that I didn't just make a lucky guess about NATO interfering in the peace deal. You still won't admit that my stance was entirely justified at the time based on the information we had on the ground, and you missed the obvious. You didn't try to make an argument at the time based on your experience working with NATO or anything like that. You didn't say, "based on my experience with NATO, this is why I think this is unlikely" or anything of the sort. You just said, here's a Hitch quote. You couldn't do your own arguing based on your experience, so why bring up that experience now?

Seeing the real picture of your hair is not going to stop me from seeing Trump and only Trump playing the guitar. Knowing that a cloud is a cloud doesn't stop me from seeing a bunny rabbit in the sky, if I've already seen it as that. But congrats. You don't have Trumps haircut. The only true thing you've said so far.

And if you think I'm fapping to dead Ukrainians and daddy Putin, I'm a peacenik. It's some of the other people on here that say they would refuse any ending to the war until Ukraine takes back Crimea, so these people want endless war and death. Not me.
That's certainly ukraines position on the matter, as well as the rest of donetsk and luhansk, too. I doubt they give a shit whether or not you think you're a "peacenik".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Putin doing war crimes again

[Image: YDsjDKbt_o.jpg]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-town.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 12, 2023 at 11:55 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: People in all professions have blind spots, and have differing opinions on different issues within those fields. So by default, since they don't all agree, many of them are wrong on certain issues, since not everyone can be correct. You working with NATO in the past did not stop you from being wrong and me from being right. You said there was zero evidence that NATO interfered in the peace deal, as if we literally have to be in the room with every world leader and hear all the convos ourselves to even begin to understand anything that's going on, and you used Christopher Hitchens to make your argument for you. You refused to actually address my point in depth, because you claimed that it was unworthy of debate since there was no evidence. In hindsight at least, you should now see that I didn't just make a lucky guess about NATO interfering in the peace deal. You still won't admit that my stance was entirely justified at the time based on the information we had on the ground, and you missed the obvious. You didn't try to make an argument at the time based on your experience working with NATO or anything like that. You didn't say, "based on my experience with NATO, this is why I think this is unlikely" or anything of the sort. You just said, here's a Hitch quote. You couldn't do your own arguing based on your experience, so why bring up that experience now?

You're still sore about falling afoul of Hitchens's Razor, eh? Can't say I blame you. I asked for evidence, what I got was so scanty as to be worthless, and now you put forth as evidence a comment from one who is neither NATO nor Ukrainian in an attempt to bolster your case -- immediately after you comment that even alleged authorities can get it wrong.

The Ukrainians themselves scuppered peace-talks by demanding the return of Crimea, a condition th Russians wouldn't accede to -- and the Ukrainians likely knew that.

(March 12, 2023 at 11:55 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Seeing the real picture of your hair is not going to stop me from seeing Trump and only Trump playing the guitar. Knowing that a cloud is a cloud doesn't stop me from seeing a bunny rabbit in the sky, if I've already seen it as that. But congrats. You don't have Trumps haircut. The only true thing you've said so far.

That -- all of it -- sounds like a you problem, ... "bro". I can't and don't want to control what you see, i'm just busy showing you how your perspective can play games with things.

(March 12, 2023 at 11:55 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: And if you think I'm fapping to dead Ukrainians and daddy Putin, I'm a peacenik. It's some of the other people on here that say they would refuse any ending to the war until Ukraine takes back Crimea, so these people want endless war and death. Not me.

I didn't say you "wanted" war. I wrote that you (and Bel) are busy justifying an illegal and horrific invasion, which you are indeed doing.

(March 12, 2023 at 2:39 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: That's certainly ukraines position on the matter, as well as the rest of donetsk and luhansk, too.  I doubt they give a shit whether or not you think you're a "peacenik".

Fair enough. But at the same time, people shouldn't be whining to us peaceniks about dead Ukrainians and saying in the soft toned Michael Jackson South Park voice that peaceniks are fapping over dead Ukrainians and are the real problem while making sad faces and posting sad pictures, and then in the next post, they go on to talk about how they want the war to go on for another decade if need be. People can't have their cake and eat it too. If they want to take back Crimea, they should have a stiff upper lip when Ukrainians are killed in combat by Putin, rather than whining about us peaceniks and posting sad pictures and acting sad about dead soldiers, which is exactly what they're asking for. The killing of Ukrainian soldiers for a decade or more, if need be. Take the losses like men, and celebrate, because their sacrifice has brought you one step closer to victory. Stop trying to manipulate us with sad pictures of dead children like a Sarah McGlocklin funding the injured puppies commercial when this is what people asked for. And btw, the remarks about stiffening the upper lip were to others complaining about the peaceniks and not you in particular, because I know you're a cold blooded bastard and I respect that about you, as I've let it be known in the past, so don't take that as a knock on you personally.
Ukraine doesn't want the war to go on another second. They would prefer it if russia just fucked off, immediately.

Get your shit together.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3340 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1830 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 479 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4419 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8160 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1068 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4579 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12822 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15319 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9890 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V