Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 30, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(July 2, 2024 at 5:56 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(July 2, 2024 at 4:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Not going all Belaqua here, but the US doesn't have an 'immigrant crisis' - that's a dog whistle. What the US has is a refugee crisis caused in no small part by US foreign policies.

When American foreign policy works, it works amazingly well (HIV/AIDS work in Africa, the Marshall Plan in Europe, and so on). But when it goes pear shaped, it creates conditions that make people want to get out of their own countries and go guess where.

Boru
Of course its a dog whislte. People like Pavlov dont even put a lot of effort anymore into their blatant lies, thats whats even wors than the fact they are trying to spread those ies at all.
Whats the difference between immigration and "mass immigration" anyway? 10k? 30k? 100k? 1000k?

We do have the same shit here in Germany. The AfD sorta guys complainung about too much immigration (and secretly planning for the deportation of millions!) yet:

• A recent census showed that there are 1mio less people living in Germany than previously thought
  • Immigration (particularly from Ukraine etc.) has dropped to "usual" low levels we had in the past

• AfD scores best with the immigration dogwhistle in the states of eastern Germany, while recent statistics clearly show an overwhelming majority of imigrants living in western Germany

Ditto the UK and Reform trying to stir up panic over immigration. The Tories seem to be falling for it for some reason.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(July 1, 2024 at 11:46 am)Divinity Wrote: This election isn't a choice between 'two evils' It's a choice between democracy and Christian Nationalism. That's what it is.

Indeed, but it's even more sinister, it's probably already a lost cause.

I didn't have to quote Divinity because I am not talking to her directly, but rather sharing my thoughts.

People shouldn't have to choose between democracy and dictatorship. It's like if you're going to a restaurant for a lunch and they have only two choices that day: steak with salad and potatoes or rat poison. You would obviously think there's something wrong with the restaurant and leave.

The problem is that the Republican party has already fallen. They don't care about democracy anymore. And that's one of the reasons why SCOTUS are going berserk because there aren't many people left to hold them accountable since the Republicans don't care anymore, and Dems can't do everything themselves.

Now what happened to the Republicans that they didn't want to oppose Trump? They are afraid of him or maybe MAGA people. You know that some 30 years ago Carl Sagan predicted something like this would happen because the schools are getting worse.

But it seems insane to think this could be solved simply by voting.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 29, 2024 at 7:57 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote:
(June 29, 2024 at 1:50 pm)Pat Mustard Wrote: To be honest, if T****y wasn't given so much lattitude to lie, meander around topics, and basicly ignore questions that didn't suit him for either being too complicated for his addled brain to parse or too likely to show him in a bad light, he would've come off a lot worse.

But Biden played the whole debate very badly.  Even over above the mumbling and the low energy, he was far too defensive and willing to let T****y steer the topics.

Looks like a severe case of TDS to me.

I am confusion, what does the republitraitor party's collective mental illness have to do with Joe Biden's bad debate performance?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 29, 2024 at 9:16 pm)Fireball Wrote: Taking Biden's performance and calling him out to quit is a mistake, afaiac. It's been discussed and decided by the alleged best of the Democratic Party's advisors to be the best course, already. Going nutzo at this point is purely political theater, imo. I really think that nothing has changed, in terms of who will win.

Yeah the party should have taken him aside about a year ago and told him they'd not endorse or support him if he decided to break his pledge not to run again. They needed to pivot to a younger, more progressive and more aggressive candidate, but now is too late.

Home
(July 1, 2024 at 4:51 am)Pavlov Wrote: "Refugee admissions" up by 106% under Biden?

Yes, Laura Norder people like you really hate the law.

Home
(July 3, 2024 at 10:13 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(July 1, 2024 at 11:46 am)Divinity Wrote: This election isn't a choice between 'two evils' It's a choice between democracy and Christian Nationalism. That's what it is.

Indeed, but it's even more sinister, it's probably already a lost cause.

I didn't have to quote Divinity because I am not talking to her directly, but rather sharing my thoughts.

People shouldn't have to choose between democracy and dictatorship. It's like if you're going to a restaurant for a lunch and they have only two choices that day: steak with salad and potatoes or rat poison. You would obviously think there's something wrong with the restaurant and leave.

The problem is that the Republican party has already fallen. They don't care about democracy anymore. And that's one of the reasons why SCOTUS are going berserk because there aren't many people left to hold them accountable since the Republicans don't care anymore, and Dems can't do everything themselves.

Now what happened to the Republicans that they didn't want to oppose Trump? They are afraid of him or maybe MAGA people. You know that some 30 years ago Carl Sagan predicted something like this would happen because the schools are getting worse.

But it seems insane to think this could be solved simply by voting.

They've not cared about the numbers since 1996 when Bill Clinton showed them they could no longer win a democratic elections. States went red after then not because increasing numbers began voting for the party of treason but because the party of treason started purging those who wouldn't vote for them.

Home
(July 2, 2024 at 12:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 2, 2024 at 10:19 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Trump has over six points on her.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-c...ls-1918689

Polls mean nothing. In the week before the 2016 election, polls had Clinton leading by as much as 7 points.

Boru

You literally made the same point I made about Harris, about Newsome.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 5, 2024 at 11:19 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 2, 2024 at 12:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Polls mean nothing. In the week before the 2016 election, polls had Clinton leading by as much as 7 points.

Boru

You literally made the same point I made about Harris, about Newsome.

Here’s another point: A six point lead in a poll with a three point MOE is a tie.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
As though Biden's Decline somehow overshadows the idiocy that is orange.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 3, 2024 at 9:22 am)Mr Greene Wrote:
(July 2, 2024 at 5:56 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Of course its a dog whislte. People like Pavlov dont even put a lot of effort anymore into their blatant lies, thats whats even wors than the fact they are trying to spread those ies at all.
Whats the difference between immigration and "mass immigration" anyway? 10k? 30k? 100k? 1000k?

We do have the same shit here in Germany. The AfD sorta guys complainung about too much immigration (and secretly planning for the deportation of millions!) yet:

• A recent census showed that there are 1mio less people living in Germany than previously thought
  • Immigration (particularly from Ukraine etc.) has dropped to "usual" low levels we had in the past

• AfD scores best with the immigration dogwhistle in the states of eastern Germany, while recent statistics clearly show an overwhelming majority of imigrants living in western Germany

Ditto the UK and Reform trying to stir up panic over immigration. The Tories seem to be falling for it for some reason.

Ok we just watched the Tories die on this hill, Labour announced the end of the Rwanda plan, and then decided to set out how they're going to control immigration...
[Image: andheaddesk]
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 545 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1254 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 23238 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 984 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1880 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1163 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 933 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6334 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1749 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2116 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger