Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 8, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(July 9, 2024 at 9:48 am)brewer Wrote:
(July 8, 2024 at 7:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Perhaps it does but he may be going through testing without there being a diagnosis in place yet.  He doesn't have to talk about what might be.  If he gets a definitive diagnosis and he said he would be transparent about it, then I suppose he should do what he said he would.

The chaos in this upcoming election is beyond the pale...from all sides.

I agree, but he (his people) needs to talk about what is going on. Not addressing reports and concerns (all is WELL) has a negative impact, maybe more than being honest and open. If he's in the evaluation phase just say it.

I'm a never Trumper but I'm concerned about the fence sitters. If Trump gets in office I doubt I'll be significantly impacted with regard to my daily life, but the country will be radically changed and repair will be lengthy. That's if repair is even possible.

Edit: Referencing the president, as an 81yo man, being evaluated by a doctor annually is bullshit.

And if he's been cleared and is not in the evaluation phase, what are they supposed to say?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
How much worse is Trump than Biden? I always hated Trump but Biden doesn't seem much better. Thoughts?
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
One intends to remake the federal government in his own image with the aid of the Heritage Foundation 2025 plan and promises to weaponize the DOJ to go after his enemies and withdraw from NATO who operates like a mafia boss. The other one is an old Democrat.
(July 9, 2024 at 12:45 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 9, 2024 at 9:48 am)brewer Wrote: I agree, but he (his people) needs to talk about what is going on. Not addressing reports and concerns (all is WELL) has a negative impact, maybe more than being honest and open. If he's in the evaluation phase just say it.

I'm a never Trumper but I'm concerned about the fence sitters. If Trump gets in office I doubt I'll be significantly impacted with regard to my daily life, but the country will be radically changed and repair will be lengthy. That's if repair is even possible.

Edit: Referencing the president, as an 81yo man, being evaluated by a doctor annually is bullshit.

And if he's been cleared and is not in the evaluation phase, what are they supposed to say?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cleared', I'll guess diagnosed. Whatever is honest and transparent. The position 'we're not going to tell you anything' only feeds the flames.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 9, 2024 at 1:00 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: One intends to remake the federal government in his own image with the aid of the Heritage Foundation 2025 plan and promises to weaponize the DOJ to go after his enemies and withdraw from NATO who operates like a mafia boss. The other one is an old Democrat.

Interestingly put.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
(July 8, 2024 at 9:21 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: The obvious solution is for all rational voters to write in Pete Buttigieg's name. Just saying.

And thereby give the election to trump.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
(July 9, 2024 at 1:01 pm)Disagreeable Wrote:
(July 9, 2024 at 1:00 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: One intends to remake the federal government in his own image with the aid of the Heritage Foundation 2025 plan and promises to weaponize the DOJ to go after his enemies and withdraw from NATO who operates like a mafia boss. The other one is an old Democrat.

Interestingly put.

That’s not very apolitical.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact needs only enough states to join to add an additional 61 electoral votes. There are currently states with a total of 81 electoral votes with current initiatives in front of their state governments. Alaska, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If all these states join the compact in time to enact, it would guarantee 290 electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote, regardless of the individual state outcomes. While it's a long shot, I am hopeful that at least some of these states will join, and perhaps pave the way for others. The election is close enough that I can see Trump winning the Electoral college, once again, without the popular vote. I don't, however, see him winning more than 50% of the popular vote.

If you live in one of those states, contact your representatives, especially if they're republicans. in support of the compact. If you're in a state without initiatives,  contact your representatives, especially if they're republicans. in support of the compact any way.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
US, allies take down Kremlin-backed AI bot farm

The FBI dismantled two websites and nearly 1,000 accounts on the X social media platform that were used by Kremlin spin doctors to run an AI-powered campaign that sought to spread disinformation within the U.S. and abroad.

The disinformation operation was carried out by a bot farm, a network of automated accounts, or “bots,” controlled to perform tasks across digital platforms, including spreading propaganda, amplifying messages or engaging in coordinated campaigns to influence public opinion.

“Russia intended to use this bot farm to disseminate AI-generated foreign disinformation, scaling their work with the assistance of AI to undermine our partners in Ukraine and influence geopolitical narratives favorable to the Russian government,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement.

A separate affidavit indicates that the bot operation first began in 2022 through an unnamed “Individual A” that worked as the deputy editor-in-chief of state-run Russian news organization RT. At that time, RT leadership aimed to find new ways to disseminate information beyond their traditional TV broadcasts. Individual A spearheaded the creation of software to run the social media bot farm, which would generate fake online personas to distribute information widely, DOJ said.

The move could serve as another warning sign to Moscow to refrain from deploying similar tactics in November, after the Treasury Department in March sanctioned Kremlin-backed firms for operating a collection of fake news sites that sought to tip the outcomes of since-past European elections. Russia’s embassy in Washington, D.C. did not return a request for comment.

Officials and researchers fear that consumer-facing AI tools or similar offerings available on the dark web will supercharge hackers’ abilities to craft realistic-sounding campaigns that seek to or instill distrust in domestic democratic processes, including the upcoming election.

https://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/20...rm/397912/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
That was some good news.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 899 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1337 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 24986 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1049 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2074 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1238 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1025 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6786 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1952 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2254 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger