Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
This is the reason few people want the job.

Can we see another photo of Trump with Epstein?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Honestly, the fact that the Dems aren’t making attack ads that put his association with Epstein front and center is a major missed opportunity. And, unlike a lot of people associated with Epstein, he actually has sexual misconduct allegations related to Epstein.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The Waltz pick ads a lot of positive energy to the ticket. When one side is negative and the other positive, the historical trend is that the positives win most of the time. I think Harris/Waltz have this.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(August 6, 2024 at 1:04 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think too that Harris felt that mollifying the progressives so that they wouldn't stay home was more important than attracting more centrists.

The Dems have finally figured out that there's more votes in keeping their left on side than in trying to peel right wingers off the repugs. Took them long enough.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
The couch line was gold. Jim Gaffigan must play him on SNL
(August 7, 2024 at 1:51 am)Pat Mustard Wrote:
(August 6, 2024 at 1:04 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think too that Harris felt that mollifying the progressives so that they wouldn't stay home was more important than attracting more centrists.

The Dems have finally figured out that there's more votes in keeping their left on side than in trying to peel right wingers off the repugs.  Took them long enough.

Ish.  They're hoping he's the best of both worlds.  That his climate record will bring folks like me in..and his white working class appeal will shave off magats in battleground states.  

Maga will call him a radical leftist no matter what and there are plenty of people on the blue team who are eager to believe that - but he's spent alot of time building a centrist cv.  Meanwhile, the campaign has indicated that it's moving -away- from many of her previous progressive stances on issues.  Single payer healthcare?  Adios.  Defund the police?  What she meant was "tough on crime" (that's some chefs kiss lvl shit right there, lol).  Border Control?  We need some more of that, gotta reduce the flow of asylum seekers dontcha know.  Fracking ban?  NVM.  

It's all expected, ofc, since they know "dangerous radical" is all that maga has.  It's not like they're gonna debate policy.  So defanging that by moving to the center and picking a guy like walz isn't the worst idea.  I think that progressives who believe they've found their champion in walz will be disappointed as they run that play..though.  When the other guys call someone a radical the progressives want to believe they really are, but walz himself is going to stomp the living shit out of that notion in the process of making the magats look ridiculous for making the claim.

I think walz could advocate for a green new deal persuasively, should they decide to make that a central campaign issue...or, like the biden harris admin before it, see the light after the election is done - and that would be a great use of his record and crossover.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So, Kamala is not black enough, and Walz is not a hero enough - according to Trump and Vance.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 9, 2024 at 1:51 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: So, Kamala is not black enough, and Walz is not a hero enough - according to Trump and Vance.

It's funny. Kamala isn't black because only one of her parents were black. Obama was black because only one of his parents were black.

As for who Vance thinks is a "hero", his ass was at a podium holding a pointer ... and he seems to have forgotten the core of his oath anyway.

The neo-nazis think trump has gone soft and/or been bought out by global jewry and/or deep state plants. Nick Fuentes has revoked his support for the mad king. Say's they're headed for "catastrophic loss". Classic misalignment of interests. No one believes that the donald was going to win at the ballot box or let things be decided there - but this is what the white supremacists need to validate their worldview.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Word is that Steve Martin will play Walz on SNL. I like Steve. He's a polymath. Maybe Gaffigan and NBC have beef.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1122 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1354 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25254 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1056 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2097 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1249 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1031 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6850 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2003 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2283 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger