Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do the Christians always hate sex so much?
RE: Why do the Christians always hate sex so much?
(August 29, 2012 at 2:02 am)Chuck Wrote:
(August 29, 2012 at 2:00 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Yes sir, Mr. Serious.

And straighten that hat!

You're not my father! [Image: khoUcs.jpg]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
You might have missed my post Lion or because I did not put a question mark in my question. Here is what I wrote now with a question mark.

Do you really use the bible for your source of morality???

(Added this part so you understand where I got it from)Example of your bible:
- Women are worth less than men
- Execute people who work on the seventh day
- If a man rapes a women then he pays her father, then she has to be married to him.

Really glad to see your bible has the "moral high ground"
I don't really give a shit why xtians pretend to be so repulsed by sex. The scriptures genuinely repulse the fuck out of me, and none of those fake bitches seem to give a shit. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been figuratively raped by the steaming pile of literary garbage that is the bible.

Who the fuck is Lion IRC to say that one man/one woman relationships work best? He's just a dude holding a shitty fucking book that also says that being humble works best, but you wouldn't fucking know that he's even read that part.

I know several gay couples who have been together for more than 15 years. It seems to be working out great for them. Some people should use the scriptures as mouth stuffing.

P.S.- I think sex is fucking amazing.

(August 29, 2012 at 1:07 am)Lion IRC Wrote: I'm sure Elton John and Ricky Martin are very loving "parents".
But no matter how much they insist they are just as good - they dont have LACTATING BREASTS.

LACTATING BREASTS? You shared this with some emphasis. Are you suggesting that a child cannot be raised properly unless one parent is lactating properly? I have a three year old grandson. Despite her best efforts, my daughter couldn't breastfeed. She wanted to. The mouth/nipple interaction was intact, she just didn't lactate properly. Does she deserve your condemnation? Will my grandson now be less human because he couldn't take milk from a properly lactating tit?

Let's not forget this is coming from someone that won't cheat on his wife because his kid might shed a tear.
I had four children, and breastfed none of them. My children are really smart. Smart enough to know that it's okay to be gay and that the bible is full of shit.

(August 28, 2012 at 11:32 pm)TaraJo Wrote: ...Wanna know my sexual morality? It's simple: anything consenting adults choose to do is up to them. If they want to masturbate, that's cool. If they want to sleep around, as long as all their partners are informed about what's going on, I'm cool with swingers. Pedophilia is out because of that phrase consenting adults. Beastiality is out, too, simply because animals aren't able to communicate their consent.

(August 28, 2012 at 11:56 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: We can have a bible study together if you like.
I think there is ample scripture to show that committed monogamy between two opposite gender partners (living as one) works best.

Did you not fucking read what she wrote before? Ample scripture that shows monogamy works best? What about the multiple wives from the prophets, dipshit?
(August 29, 2012 at 2:13 am)Waratah Wrote: You might have missed my post Lion or because I did not put a question mark in my question. Here is what I wrote now with a question mark.

Do you really use the bible for your source of morality???

No, I was created with an internal moral compass.
You do realize that lots of people accept God's existence and moral righteousness without need of a bible.
Eg. Abraham never read the bible. Job never read the bible. etc etc.

(August 29, 2012 at 2:13 am)Waratah Wrote: (Added this part so you understand where I got it from)Example of your bible:
- Women are worth less than men
- Execute people who work on the seventh day
- If a man rapes a women then he pays her father, then she has to be married to him.
Really glad to see your bible has the "moral high ground"

A very strong biblical case can be made for the supremacy of women over men...(in the bible.) And an even stronger case can be made for their overall equality with men - not in all things but in general.

We can debate your interpretation of the bible more formally if you'd like.
But that would probably bore you and put constraints on your freedom to paraphrase...what the bible says.

(August 29, 2012 at 2:18 am)aleialoura Wrote: ...Who the fuck is Lion IRC to say that one man/one woman relationships work best? He's just a dude holding a shitty fucking book that also says that being humble works best, but you wouldn't fucking know that he's even read that part....

Not... tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, or nakedness, peril, sword...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come...nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature...

Yes, I guess that does come across as a little bit arrogant and inflexible doesnt it.

Thinking

(August 29, 2012 at 2:37 am)ElijahDrew Wrote:
(August 28, 2012 at 11:56 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: We can have a bible study together if you like.
I think there is ample scripture to show that committed monogamy between two opposite gender partners (living as one) works best.

Did you not fucking read what she wrote before? Ample scripture that shows monogamy works best? What about the multiple wives from the prophets, dipshit?

Yes I read it. Do you want me to read it again and then post the same reply so that YOU can read MY post again?..."I think there is ample scripture to show that committed monogamy between two opposite gender partners (living as one) works best."
(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: No, I was created with an internal moral compass.

Bullshit. And I'll quickly prove that you think it's bullshit too. I'll front the money. I'll take you to a hospital. They will subject you to an X-ray, MRI, and a myriad of other tests. If they locate your internal moral compass, I lose and pay you a million. If the medical professionals are unable to locate your internal moral compass then you simply have to pay the examination fee.

(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: You do realize that lots of people accept God's existence and moral righteousness without need of a bible.

You do realize that the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainent) has millions of devout followers. I suppose this is enough evidence for you to conclude that the participants are really 'wrestling'.

(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: We can debate your interpretation of the bible more formally if you'd like.
But that would probably bore you and put constraints on your freedom to paraphrase...what the bible says.

Oh let's. Book, chapter, and verse...in context of course. You show me biblically how women are superior to men. I'll then show you how the Bible suggests a different attitude. Bore me? I'm actually quite excited to learn. Of course, despite your assertions, you have nothing.
(August 29, 2012 at 3:07 am)cato123 Wrote:
(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: No, I was created with an internal moral compass.

Bullshit. And I'll quickly prove that you think it's bullshit too. I'll front the money. I'll take you to a hospital. They will subject you to an X-ray, MRI, and a myriad of other tests. If they locate your internal moral compass, I lose and pay you a million. If the medical professionals are unable to locate your internal moral compass then you simply have to pay the examination fee.
Actually, I think they can find the religious part of the brain with MRI's

(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: You do realize that lots of people accept God's existence and moral righteousness without need of a bible.

You do realize that the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainent) has millions of devout followers. I suppose this is enough evidence for you to conclude that the participants are really 'wrestling'.
Why is it called wrestling if its not wrestling? The millions of fans arent watching nothing happening in an empty ring.

(August 29, 2012 at 2:45 am)Lion IRC Wrote: We can debate your interpretation of the bible more formally if you'd like.

Oh let's. Book, chapter, and verse...in context of course. You show me biblically how women are superior to men. I'll then show you how the Bible suggests a different attitude. Bore me? I'm actually quite excited to learn. Of course, despite your assertions, you have nothing.

OK. I'd rather argue the easier proposition of Adam and Eve as equal helpmates to each other but if you insist. How would you like to frame the debate topic? (If did you just wanna slug it out back and forth here?)

Premise. God left His best creative work of art till last.

And the man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. (Genesis 2:18)

Now. That statement, that God could not find anyone good enough to keep Adam company for life, came AFTER God had already declared all of Creation very good.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good (Genesis 1:31)

Which means that nothing already created was good enough. So God went one better.
(August 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm)Chuck Wrote: Because their god boy Jesus probably never got any.

Perhaps he was gay??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 3 476 June 28, 2024 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 16964 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1465 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1443 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3715 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1205 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 8410 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  why your prayers often, if not always fail Drich 18 2148 February 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 11950 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 4066 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer