Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Simple Proofs, God is Imaginary
RE: 50 Simple Proofs, God is Imaginary
(September 27, 2009 at 7:48 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 26, 2009 at 7:14 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'm sorry fr0d0, but saying "A is not B, B is not C, C is not A, yet A, B, and C are all G" doesn't really make much logical sense. I think your diagram just confused everyone more.

That A is a unique person does not prevent A having the God essence. It's be like saying that an apple couldn't also be fruit. Or that Colin couldn't be a golfer.

Adrian ≠ Ben ≠ Colin. But Adrian, Ben and Colin are all golfers.

No, god is not a golfer, but Golf it's self.

Now, Adrian, Ben and Colin can all be golfers, but not Golf.

Remember fr0d0, this is monotheism, just golf, not polytheism.
Well that seems rather petty.

What about fruit? An apple, an orange and a pear are all different but at the same time all fruit. By the mathematical proof they couldn't be different and yet the same thing, but they are... the key thing being we aren't talking about the same attribute... Father/ Son/ Spirit = person. God = essence.
So Christianity is a polytheistic religion then. How can it not be when there are three distinct persons that all share godly power?
Are they all the same piece of fruit frodo? They are all distinctly separate fruits. Like you are not me and I am not Adrian yet we are all human. SEPARATE humans. We are all not the same one like this silly notion you're attempting to defend.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ≠ 1
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 27, 2009 at 2:45 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Of course you are wondering why God doesn't follow the natural laws of physics that applies to this world. One question...

God transcends puny human understanding of physics. (insert eyeroll emoticon here)
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(September 27, 2009 at 8:27 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Well that seems rather petty.

What about fruit? An apple, an orange and a pear are all different but at the same time all fruit. By the mathematical proof they couldn't be different and yet the same thing, but they are... the key thing being we aren't talking about the same attribute... Father/ Son/ Spirit = person. God = essence.

ROFLOL

Again, that supports Polytheism!

Fruit = God
Banana, Pear, Apple = fruit
Banana ≠ Pear ≠ Apple
Fruit(s) = God(s)

You cannot say that Father = Son = Spirit is the same as Banana = Apple = Pear because it doesn't work!

And if God is all powerful, then why would he need 3?

Smile Christianity is nonsense
(September 27, 2009 at 10:12 am)Retorth Wrote: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ≠ 1

it could be 0.333... + 0.333... + 0.333... = 1...

But wait, do i have the fractions right? Cause jesus did say both "i and the father are one" and "the father is greater than i" Smile so is it 0.3+0.3+0.3 or 0.4+0.2+0.2 or is God and the Holy Spirit equal in godlyness?

But that would mean God+Spirit were only 0.666 before the birth of Jesus or that God+Spirit shared some of their 'essence' with Jesus, but then again, God should be able to create this power without sacrifice of his own, because he is all powerful right? So God = 0.5 Spirit = 0.5 = 1 + Jesus (<=God?) = 1.5 or 1.?

Either way we have more than 1 and thus polytheism...
ROFLOL

You guys are so funny. thanks for the laugh Big Grin
Anytime, my brother. Tongue
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 27, 2009 at 12:42 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: ROFLOL

You guys are so funny. thanks for the laugh Big Grin

The famous fr0d0 bait and dodge yet again Smile

Glad you're getting a laugh, it's about time we returned the favor for the many many times we've laughed at you.

Oh... and you're still wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 15437 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Religion: Simple Lies for Simple People Minimalist 3 556 September 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A simple question for theists masterofpuppets 86 21891 April 10, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: emjay
  A simple God question if I may. ignoramus 28 5803 February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lek
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 13414 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  I was wrong about the simple choice. Mystic 42 5368 January 3, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  It's a simple choice: Mystic 72 7067 December 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 15533 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Simple facts don't lie JBrentonK 78 14713 December 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  A simple challenge for atheists bob96 775 119259 February 20, 2015 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: goodwithoutgod