Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 2:28 am

Poll: Should you have a 'right' to bear arms?
This poll is closed.
Yes
35.56%
16 35.56%
No
35.56%
16 35.56%
It depends (feel free to say what on in the thread)
22.22%
10 22.22%
Unsure
6.67%
3 6.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another gun thread...
RE: Another gun thread...
(January 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm)jonb Wrote:
(January 2, 2013 at 10:53 am)A Theist Wrote: ...and I just saw your physical presence in the 'members photos'.....definitely matches your on-line persona.
Dear Mr T, I know you look up to me as the epitome of all that is good, but I have to confess there is an element of artifice with that particular image, in that it is somewhat flattering, and I have gone down hill a bit in the last few months. I will take your comments in the way I am sure you meant them to be, and thank you for your kind remarks, which I also know you have difficulty in expressing because of the profound social problems you have suffered over the years.
May I also add that in that; you have at last been able to express yourself positively, you should now be able to see this as a red letter day in the course of your therapy. It may seen hard from your perspective, but you have taken one large step towards normality.

Congratulations
Well done Mr T
That's an awful lot of theater to make a simple point johnny b....
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 2, 2013 at 3:36 pm)A Theist Wrote: That's an awful lot of theater to make a simple point johnny b....

As you pointed out I have the face for it.
Thought this might be interesting....

[Image: 553132_10151348527205155_1607509956_n.jpg]

Quote:Sam Harris Neglects The Most Important Evidence About Guns. READ the full response to Harris here with a focus on the neglected issue of domestic violence: http://bit.ly/RvJMN6 The chart is secondary to the linked article. Despite much agreement in secularism, debate on issues can be healthy and welcome. More links are at the bottom of the linked article.

courtesy The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (Official) Facebook.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
In other news, a school decided to suspend a 6 year old for a day after he repeatedly pointed his finger at a friend and said "pow". I kid you not.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18123294
Finger control legislation? Hmmmm ..
(January 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm)Tiberius Wrote: In other news, a school decided to suspend a 6 year old for a day after he repeatedly pointed his finger at a friend and said "pow". I kid you not.

Clearly an overreaction Dodgy
(January 4, 2013 at 1:18 pm)whateverist Wrote: Finger control legislation? Hmmmm ..
....sure wouldn't surprise me
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(January 4, 2013 at 1:18 pm)whateverist Wrote: Finger control legislation? Hmmmm ..
....sure wouldn't surprise me

Another word out of you and we'll take a ball peen hammer to your finger!! Whoa, where'd that come from.
(January 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm)Tiberius Wrote: In other news, a school decided to suspend a 6 year old for a day after he repeatedly pointed his finger at a friend and said "pow". I kid you not.

What has this to do with the price of cheese.

In the Gurkha regiments of the British army, which are not know for being wildly anti gun the same behaviour would be treated as a serious disciplinary issue. Yes just pointing a finger and saying 'pow'.

As a child of the fifties, before the nanny state, boys were taught never to point a gun even a pretend one, even a finger, sure we could in a play situation, but in school was not the right place and we would have been punished with something other than a day off.
i voted no, because i live in england where relatively very few people have guns and there are less shootings.
Obviously theres the argument that making guns illegal puts guns soley into the hands of only the criminals, but i personally dont fear any crimals with guns and never have while living in england, and i live and travel around some quite bad areas.
When i was young a guy stole my watch and recently i googled his name when i was bored and i found out he had been inprisoned for possession of a shotgun for 4 years, which i was so pleased with. Basically because i enjoy laughing at terrible things happening to people who have done bad things to me. I know people say prison time is easy in the uk but im not a person who considers any time being confined to small spaces with no females and only other criminal men for company an easy time. My point is that in england i think most of the crimanals see it as too much of a risk to get caught with a gun, im pretty sure that most burglers use knives if that in england.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 5722 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Another Gun Thread Silver 254 25180 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 8081 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 2012 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  White House Gun Meeting Silver 23 2525 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 5 925 February 23, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 1 610 February 23, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Bringing A Knife To A Gun Fight Minimalist 23 2215 November 4, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Quick question on gun confiscation. Gawdzilla Sama 85 7862 February 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts GoHalos1993 119 13540 June 15, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla