Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 1:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is the great spirit friend
RE: God is the great spirit friend
Yeah but the bible doesn't say, "follow this and then in the end thing'll be all right."
It says, heaven/hell, your choice. Forever.
If it's all a ruse and at the end of the race we get all get a cake: then fuck him for making it a life or death struggle race in the first place. Because people are living their lives here with that belief, meanwhile shit happens that can never be taken back.
There is no benevolence sufficient to rectify the wrongs endured in this life. They've happened, it's out there.
As for praise for overcoming adversity: Most of us don't overcome, we all succumb in one way or another. Hence the rampant evil that god supposedly must squash by ripping babies out of mothers wombs in the OT and then in the NT it doesn't get much better in Revelations, either.
In short, god HATES us. I said it, he hates. He hates this, he hates that, he hates these things, those people, he hates them so much he can't stand them.
He takes revelry in the tribulations people will endure in the end times, that's how much he hates them.
Any benevolence is lost, at this point. Any evil that exists is his fault, as he's the creator. Evils that happen are his fault. I was born innocent. God even says there are innocents, babies and children included. And yet he slices them down too in the OT. They aren't fed by the earth or whatever nowadays, 10k/day are starving and dying. The bible explicitly says god is unchanging. Then Revelations in the NT shows that he indeed does not change. So this god with a sick way of showing love: can shove it where the sun don't shine.
I'm confident in saying this, because he doesn't exist or I'd be going to hell huh?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(March 25, 2013 at 11:31 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: strodel will have to keep telling all of us that we're horrible people - sinners and hedonists - so that he knows he's a good person. Having a different opinion invalidates his own, because deep down he's that insecure - he can't just be happy with his own beliefs and truths. Mostly because they're wrong, but also because his self-esteem and self-worth are all riding on them.

I think there are several factors that cause him to hold fervently to his religious beliefs, make unjustified assumptions, and act sanctimoniously, but I am starting to come to the conclusion that the most influential factor is that he's just a prick.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I think there are several factors that cause him to hold fervently to his religious beliefs, make unjustified assumptions, and act sanctimoniously, but I am starting to come to the conclusion that the most influential factor is that he's just a prick.

I wish there was a mutant, Lovecraftian hand with hundreds of twitching thumbs so I could use them all to kudo this. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I wish there was the same, just so I could kudos that description.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 25, 2013 at 11:09 am)Tonus Wrote: This is an all too common approach with theists, that anything that happens can be rationalized into something good.
Not all the time. When someone goes to Hell it is always a tragedy.
(March 25, 2013 at 4:40 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(March 25, 2013 at 11:09 am)Tonus Wrote: This is an all too common approach with theists, that anything that happens can be rationalized into something good.
Not all the time. When someone goes to Hell it is always a tragedy.

Well, I have good news for you.

Hell doesn't exist, hence no one goes to hell, hence no tragedy!

Too bad all problems aren't that easy to solve.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Definately is a tragedy. I have cried because of the lost many times. It is sad that people reject God. But I will never blame God for punishing sinners. I am thankful that God punishes sinners, I just wish there wouldn't be sinners.

Justice is sweet, but it is not sweet to see the wicked punished.

I am not sanctimonious. I have spent 3 or 4 years of my life learning to be humble. I think about aspects of how pride corrupts my relationship with God and trying to avoid it very regularly, it is something that I have striven to overcome. I can promise you that I never write things because I am trying to feel good about myself, I write to convict of sin so that repentance may be brought about. I was warned for preaching about hell, so I will refrain from doing this in the future.

(March 25, 2013 at 5:22 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(March 25, 2013 at 4:40 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Not all the time. When someone goes to Hell it is always a tragedy.

Well, I have good news for you.

Hell doesn't exist, hence no one goes to hell, hence no tragedy!

Too bad all problems aren't that easy to solve.

Do you think there is any tragedy is guilty people go free?
Guilty people go free all the time. Innocent people get punished just as often. Therein lies the tragedy of which you speak, the modern approach to the legal system, in which all-too often there is as much resemblance to justice as two other equally dissimilar things. Death is the universal leveller.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
God's punishment is merely your way of dealing with the idea that the only punishment we have is what we manage to mete out here and now, and it will never satisfy our baser desires.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 25, 2013 at 8:29 pm)jstrodel Wrote: I am not sanctimonious.

Followed immediately by a bunch of sanctimonious rambling. I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art.

Quote:Do you think there is any tragedy is guilty people go free?

I think it is a malicious, criminal tragedy to condemn a person to endless torture because they want proof that you exist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 3 545 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Is the Holy Spirit Misleading You? Rhondazvous 251 85404 July 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Constantine the Great Der/die AtheistIn 14 4595 July 3, 2017 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13563 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Lightbulb Support for a friend EllHarris412 52 6318 August 13, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God: The Great Tempter Rhondazvous 146 18912 March 5, 2016 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  I have a question about the Great Flood ApeNotKillApe 32 7313 September 28, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Need Advice w/ Christian Friend DeadChannel 23 5412 August 8, 2015 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Jesus is my friend Fidel_Castronaut 22 5996 July 28, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What Exactly Does the Holy Spirit Do? Nope 92 17074 June 3, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: robvalue