Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 16, 2024, 11:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no objective Morality
RE: There is no objective Morality
(March 25, 2013 at 11:12 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(March 25, 2013 at 12:07 am)jstrodel Wrote: Not for disagreeing with me, for showing their heart, that they love lies rather than truth.

Everyone gets a choice, they get what they want, either it is truth or lies. That is the choice.

Why do you keep failing to differentiate between honest mistakes and malicious lies? I may disagree with what you say, but I would not call you a liar.

You might, if you were pretentious enough to think you had exclusive access to the creator of the universe.
(March 25, 2013 at 12:03 am)Ryantology Wrote: Nothing says love like wishing eternal torture on someone for disagreeing with you.
Classic misrepresentation...do you enjoy acting like a total ass? No believer wishes anyone to go to Hell. The fact that some people close themselves off to receiving spiritual light and chose to live in darkness is a terrible thing. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...not even a jackass.
Classic not knowing what the fuck you're talking about before you shoot off your stupid mouth.

jstrodel Wrote:If you say that Christianity is on the same evidential level as the tooth fairy, you are a liar. And you will go to hell. And I will be happy that you burn, because you are a liar, and you know that you are lying, and you deserve it.

jstrodel Wrote:I REJOICE that God puts liars in hell, I am not sure if they actually are set on fire, but I am thankful that they suffer

http://atheistforums.org/thread-17775.html
(March 25, 2013 at 4:59 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: And I'm looking forward to you staying fairly similar, with some various cybernetic updates.

As long as they're not stamped "Cyberdyne Systems," I'm in!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Was meant to signify an agreement with God about the severity of sin, not to actually wish damnation on anyone. I don't take it back, but I have been told to refrain from preaching these things.

Was meant to show how serious it is to twist arguments in your favor to advance positions that deny the rationality of morality, a very serious crime in God's eyes, made much more serious when it is advanced dishonestly or with negligent carelessness.

If you want to argue atheism, know what you are doing. Religious belief is the most important question in life. If you go to operate on someone to cut out their heart and you are playing heart surgeon, that is just wrong.

(March 25, 2013 at 6:14 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(March 25, 2013 at 11:12 am)Darkstar Wrote: Why do you keep failing to differentiate between honest mistakes and malicious lies? I may disagree with what you say, but I would not call you a liar.

You might, if you were pretentious enough to think you had exclusive access to the creator of the universe.

You are the one who is pretentious because you talk about him with certainty while from your own statements acknowledge that God's existence cannot be disproven.
(March 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm)jstrodel Wrote: You are the one who is pretentious because you talk about him with certainty while from your own statements acknowledge that God's existence cannot be disproven.

Would it satisfy you if I did what you do and cop out by claiming that I have divinely-revealed knowledge that God doesn't exist that I can't share with anybody but IT'S TOTALLY REAL AND I KNOW IT GUYS?
Ryantology, there are hundreds of thousands of books on the Christian religion that you havn't read that testify to the very strong evidence of God's existence.

I suppose if you are ignorant enough though, you can be skeptical about anything.

You yourself have proved that you don't have to read these books, because Christianity is stupid, so you have the dubious distinction of being such a tough guy that you are impossible to convince.

As long as you keep yourself ignorant, you can probably win the rest of the debates you get in, so long as you refuse to consider the other side.
(March 26, 2013 at 11:03 pm)jstrodel Wrote: Ryantology, there are hundreds of thousands of books on the Christian religion that you havn't read that testify to the very strong evidence of God's existence.

How do you write hundreds of thousands of books when you only have one book from a primary source (and much of it is actually secondary)?
That is not true Darkstar. Theology is not from one primary source, it is from the peoples lives who have experienced God and seen God transform entire societies and turn people towards HaShem.

It is not like the hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of Christian books over the last 2000 years are just different ways of reproducing the Bible.

The average atheist forums user has read .7 Christian books in their lifetime.
(March 26, 2013 at 11:45 pm)jstrodel Wrote: The average atheist forums user has read .7 Christian books in their lifetime.
Where do you keep getting these statistics from?
*Creates "jstrudel's atheist statistics" meme*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 39392 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3783 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Morality versus afterlife robvalue 163 34704 March 13, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Morality quiz, and objective moralities robvalue 14 4848 January 31, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Religion is a poor source of morality Cecelia 117 19196 October 10, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How flexible is your religious morality? robvalue 24 7718 August 12, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  "Ultimate" meaning, "objective" morality, and "inherent" worth. Esquilax 6 3748 June 25, 2015 at 4:06 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religious theists: question about your morality robvalue 24 5259 April 5, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Objective greatness and God Mystic 26 4894 January 9, 2015 at 11:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Supposed Theist Morality Striper 26 7941 November 5, 2014 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Ben Davis