Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Not Hell then what?
RE: If Not Hell then what?
(May 12, 2013 at 6:25 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote:
(April 18, 2013 at 10:26 am)Drich Wrote: Leave them be what? Dead?

Yes. That sounds great.

Bring on oblivion.
...and what if oblivion was only obtainable thru the gates of Hell?
(May 12, 2013 at 7:38 pm)Drich Wrote: ...and what if oblivion was only obtainable thru the gates of Hell?

Then that would be an example of your God being malicious and spiteful.
(May 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(May 12, 2013 at 7:38 pm)Drich Wrote: ...and what if oblivion was only obtainable thru the gates of Hell?

And a failure of his omnipotence.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
-and not an example of an alternative to hell....how difficult is this to understand? You're the one who asked the damned question......

You know, "if not hell"....that kind of suggests that something other then hell is being considered. If hell were included in the category of things "other than hell"...that would be a little strange...don't you think?

Perhaps the thread title should have been "how much hell would you go through to opt out on spending the rest of eternity with the twat I call a god" - to which I'd respond...a whole hell of alot.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Uh-hum... It's "Hades" folks, get your myths straight.
Twenty pages and we still can't coax any possible solution from an omnipotent, omniscient being other than brimstone and hellfire?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
That's largely due to the unimaginative nature of the particular omniscient and omnipotent "god" we're having a discussion with. Imo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 12, 2013 at 6:40 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(May 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm)Drich Wrote: No he didn't. Read what I wrote again. "What if God did not want to spend ETERNITY with..." 'Those people.'

You read what YOU wrote. Your god is already spending eternity with the kind of people you referenced. You want to rephrase it now, that's fine, but my statement is valid .... even with your brilliant come-back, "nuh-uh."

(May 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm)Drich Wrote: The cutters Angel Cloud

"I sure hope my mansion is next to the soldiers of the Israelite army in Heaven. I've always wanted to be surrounded with the love of god's personal butchers."

(May 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm)Drich Wrote: Because there is nothing wrong with the act in of itself. Rape and 'Murder' is considered sin when not authorized by God. Again as per your wonder biblical examples prove Rape and murder are only sinful acts when we take it upon ourselves to do these things without direction from God.;^)

You're right, what was I thinking. It's not sin at all. In fact I'm sure you would have no problem with one of the Hebrew soldiers telling you that his god was smiling down on him as he killed your wife, gutted her unborn child like a fish and took your eldest daughter home to rape her into submission. "Deal with it Mr. Samarian Drich. Our god doesn't give a shit about you, and better yet he's going to reward us when we get to heaven and cast your heathen wife into hell." You want proof?!? Well too damn bad!! Our god only reveals himself to us personally and you're just going to have to take our word for it." Tell me Drich, do you think its morally wrong if an Arab army raided your home town and told you that his god told him to stick his righteous dick in your wife and daughter? It would seem that if they won, they clearly had the correct god on their side. Sounds righteous to me. Right? Can't be any sin when god tells you to do it, right? After all, morality is solely decided by the god of the prevailing army correct? What?! You don't like someone using the name of god to do those kinds of sinful things?!?!

Filthy fucking immoral christian apologist.

Your "work" here has done far more damage to your god than you can possibly comprehend.

Absolutly! IF my wife was raped and murdered by a soldier of a foreign god then I should hope that I would have been man enough to raise enough hell with this god's soldiers the this d bag god demanded an immediate audience with me. Having me arrive on the other side well before my wife and baby did. There we would have words and if this god was indeed more powerful than my god the it serves me right, and I will either fight or submit to whatever punishment he has in store for me.

What I will not do... Cry about it. Spend the rest of this life pouting about it. Spending a large chuck of my free time talking to other d bags like me about how unfair this foreign god is.

(May 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm)Ryantology Wrote:

How so? You got the oblivion you seek.

...and so what? So what if God shows malice towards the unrepentant sinners?

(May 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(May 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Then that would be an example of your God being malicious and spiteful.

And a failure of his omnipotence.
How so?

(May 12, 2013 at 8:13 pm)Rhythm Wrote: -and not an example of an alternative to hell....how difficult is this to understand? You're the one who asked the damned question......

....Seriously? That is what hell is.. It is oblivion by the way of being consumed grief and regret (what makes hell fire all consuming)

So i ask if not hell then what, you all say you yearn for what your stay in hell will ultimately produce. Oblivion. so i ask(in hopes that one of you will see that what you asked for is what God has in store for you all along... Then most of you reply that none of you want it.

Quote:You know, "if not hell"....that kind of suggests that something other then hell is being considered. If hell were included in the category of things "other than hell"...that would be a little strange...don't you think?

Perhaps the thread title should have been "how much hell would you go through to opt out on spending the rest of eternity with the twat I call a god" - to which I'd respond...a whole hell of alot.

Then God will have some Good news for you!
(May 13, 2013 at 12:11 am)Drich Wrote: ....Seriously? That is what hell is.. It is oblivion by the way of being consumed grief and regret (what makes hell fire all consuming)
Hell, Drich, is not an alternative to hell. How much simpler could this possibly be stated?

Quote:So i ask if not hell then what, you all say you yearn for what your stay in hell will ultimately produce. Oblivion. so i ask(in hopes that one of you will see that what you asked for is what God has in store for you all along... Then most of you reply that none of you want it.
I'd rather have watermelons and fried chicken with naked bells - if anythings on the table as an alternative. Make it so. You have nothing in store for me Drich. Not just nothing that I want, nothing.

Quote:Then God will have some Good news for you!
No you won't, lol.
LMAO! Drich...Don't you see? The problems created here stem from YOU. You could be blindly defending a God that actually exists, but your inability to form comprehensible justification for it actually weakens it's case. You do not make any sense. The stupid book you desperately defend fails you at every corner. You make wild and ridiculous claims to understand a book that many dedicate their lives to interpreting, and yet, with unrelenting arrogance, continue to use your distinct interpretation, of this bullshit in text, to make an incoherent case for a God that seems more and more unlikely as you move your fingers accross the keys to type its defense! It's you we reject, its your interpretation of this farfetched malevolent being that you try so hard to depict as a loving creator. We reject your theories, your interpretations, and your avoidance to logic and reason as a means to justify your insanity. It's utter nonsense, and it is the focus of our entertainment to watch you continue to embarrass yourself. Your God is dead, and to say dead, is to pay homage to a ficticious character that has never warranted so much as a pronoun much less credit for all existance or my ability to type this ever so true message to you. It is dead because the lie has not outlived knowledge. Human understanding has overcome the dogmatic rhetoric that has consumed the ones that passed this contagious ignorance on to you. You have not given a single legitimate argument to defend your claims and that would be just fine, so long as you didn't persist that it was a reasonable one. The minute you give claim to having a rational claim, and go on to include your deity in it, you begin to dig the trench that is our entertainment. Take your bible, light it on fire, and give it to a homeless man to keep him warm. That is the closest thing to a benevolent act that could possibly be achieved by the God described in it. By the way...I like your sun flower.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 41914 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2407 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2660 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 17021 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7114 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Since Heaven and Hell are not temporal .. Brakeman 130 25366 December 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6846 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Hell does NOT exist in the bible? 1tasolo 24 8102 February 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If I want a made up God then I'll have Aslan Puddleglum 16 5609 September 20, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hell is not real... catfish 146 76256 August 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope