Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
(July 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(July 2, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Polaris Wrote: Hitler, of course, can be argued either way.

But not rationally argued either way.

Evidence Hitler was a Christian: All the stuff he said plus the fact that he went after all the groups Christians had persecuted for 2000 years.

Evidence Hitler was an atheist: "Well, you can't prove he wasn't"

The Occult is a big issue for Christians....it's sentence is death in the Old Testament.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Yet the OT is filled to the brim with cantrips and spells. As is the NT. "The occult" is clearly not a problem. "The other guys occult" -apparently is-. Perhaps our boy Adolph simply felt that "his occult" wasn't "the other guys occult" eh? Which is conveniently how he seemed to approach the issue -in the limited and altogether less dramatic way than many would claim- when he is rumored to have done so. What you have here is a christian who had a different sort of christianity than you did...is that surprising, aren't there alot of those kinds of christians?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Yet the OT is filled to the brim with cantrips and spells. As is the NT. "The occult" is clearly not a problem. "The other guys occult" -apparently is-. Perhaps our boy Adolph simply felt that "his occult" wasn't "the other guys occult" eh? Which is conveniently how he seemed to approach the issue -in the limited and altogether less dramatic way than many would claim- when he is rumored to have done so. What you have here is a christian who had a different sort of christianity than you did...is that surprising, aren't there alot of those kinds of christians?

They're called heretics and got burned at the stake in the first millennium...the later executions were somewhat different in their reasons.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
And? Again, they're only heretics when they use the other guys magic, not when they use the "approved magic".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 2, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Polaris Wrote:
(July 2, 2013 at 5:43 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Don't give yourself that much credit.
Credit? It's really up to you actually. As in you can continue to think at the level of the average Christian or you can get on the level of atheists worldwide who don't let them get stuck with the thinking of the 1980s.

I really don't think you're getting it since that response made absolutely no sense in context to mine.

(July 2, 2013 at 9:42 pm)Rhythm Wrote: And? Again, they're only heretics when they use the other guys magic, not when they use the "approved magic".

Yeah, funny how the Jews called things witchcraft unless it was "kabbalah".
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Meanwhile you or I might just call a magic spell a magic spell regardless of which grimoire it's cribbed from, eh? You know what we don't have alot of threads on....magic spells.......I think there's some good stuff in there. Maybe I ought to start posting em?
(July 2, 2013 at 9:56 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Meanwhile you or I might just call a magic spell a magic spell regardless of which grimoire it's cribbed from, eh? You know what we don't have alot of threads on....magic spells.......I think there's some good stuff in there. Maybe I ought to start posting em?

Do eeeeet.
(July 2, 2013 at 9:52 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(July 2, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Polaris Wrote: Credit? It's really up to you actually. As in you can continue to think at the level of the average Christian or you can get on the level of atheists worldwide who don't let them get stuck with the thinking of the 1980s.

I really don't think you're getting it since that response made absolutely no sense in context to mine.

(July 2, 2013 at 9:42 pm)Rhythm Wrote: And? Again, they're only heretics when they use the other guys magic, not when they use the "approved magic".

Yeah, funny how the Jews called things witchcraft unless it was "kabbalah".

It means that my being less skeptical ultimately makes no difference...if I was not here, many of you'd still be quite gullible.
Again, I say...
(July 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm)Polaris Wrote: The Occult is a big issue for Christians....it's sentence is death in the Old Testament.

The occult is a much bigger issue for atheists. You'll find few atheists with pagan or occult beliefs. On the other hand, I've known plenty of Christians who mingle pagan, "occult" or other non-Christian beliefs into their superstitious mix. Where do you think we got Christmas and Easter from? You think Jesus gave us Easter eggs and holly wreathes? Christian England throughout its history seemed to have no problem with Merlin in the Arthurian legends. Christianity is by its nature a synchratic faith and always has been eager to absorb other traditions into the fold. Sure there are always those puritans who lash out against what they see as corruptions of what they imagine is the original form of True Christianity, as if the whole faith wasn't a composite of many earlier religions, but these are the exceptions more than the rule.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9514 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 16744 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 11600 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35673 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4632 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Creatards are Idiots. We Already Know That. Minimalist 19 4089 February 25, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 55629 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 32305 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 7155 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 3167 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman