Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If these resident theists really talk to god..
RE: If these resident theists really talk to god..
(September 24, 2013 at 8:36 am)Drich Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 6:22 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Which just goes to show how much of a terrible human being he really is.

My father has terminal cancer, he's an atheist. Never once seen or heard him talk about any sort of god, whatever that is.
When the blackness consumes him, he will cry out maybe not to you, but to God. Rest assured every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

I considered an emotional retort to your idiocy, but instead decided against it because I know that when talking to you, I'm talking to someone who lacks empathy, compassion, and common sense.

You really are a terrible human being after all.

(September 24, 2013 at 9:01 am)Stimbo Wrote: Well done for proving Fidel's point, but I'm sure he won't thank you for it. Do you really need me to tell you where to stick your preachy ambulance-chasing sermonising - and against the family of another member? Not cool, not in the slightest. I suggest you apologise immediately.

It's cool, no worries. I didn't expect anything other than what Drich supplied.

But you're right, he did prove my point, and I am dissapointed that he did.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 24, 2013 at 9:01 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 8:36 am)Drich Wrote: When the blackness consumes him, he will cry out maybe not to you, but to God. Rest assured every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

Well done for proving Fidel's point, but I'm sure he won't thank you for it. Do you really need me to tell you where to stick your preachy ambulance-chasing sermonising - and against the family of another member? Not cool, not in the slightest. I suggest you apologise immediately.

for what?

what was the crime here?

Remove any emotional attachments, and look at what is said. Fidel knows someone on his death bed who he has not witnessed, crying out to God for mercy.

I too was on my death bed, and I know when the darkness consumes you, one will cry out for mercy.

I further extended the idea that even if this man did not cry out infront of fidel, that does not mean he has not cried out thus giving fidel some hope of assureance that his Father was not automatically doomed to Hell.

So again stimy tell me what I should be sorry for?

Should I be sorry that I can speak of a death bed experience??

Should I be sorry that you think Fidel wants his dad to die an unrepentant sinner?

Should I be sorry for the fact that at some point maybe fidel may have a revelation about God, become saved and then be worried about his Father?

Should I be sorry for the fact that you are a quick to judge douche bag looking to peresecute someone who does not believe as you believe, and jumps at the oppertunity to make those who oppose your world views jump through hoops?

Maybe help me out here to understand be a little more specific.
(September 24, 2013 at 9:13 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: It's cool, no worries. I didn't expect anything other than what Drich supplied.

I admire your forbearance. I wish I shared it. That's why I react un-nicely whenever someone uses my Sam as a preaching tool at me. I'm the only one in a position to defend her and all she stood for, so I always will.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 24, 2013 at 9:23 am)Drich Wrote: Should I be sorry that you think Fidel wants his dad to die an unrepentant sinner?

That, right there, is why you're a terrible human being.

It doesn't matter that you believe in a fairy tale, nor that you want others to believe in it (It's akin to saying that my father will burn for eternity inside Mount Doom).

It's the fact that you're literally drooling at the mouth at the thought of someone dying and, in your own very warped and disgusting perspective on reality, literally being tortured for an eternity because they didn't believe you.

You almost died and had a revelation about a god? Good for you, nobody but you cares about your perspective. Keep it at home where it belongs.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

You're a fucking scumbag, Drich.

Oh, and demonstrably wrong, on top of that. Remember Luckie? The lovely young woman whose near death experience solidified her atheism, and now she's come out the other side she's posting here as one? Is out to her family? Where was the believing in god there, shitheel?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Drich, you are disgusting.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 24, 2013 at 9:23 am)Drich Wrote: Maybe help me out here to understand be a little more specific.

And in one single statement you prove beyond all doubt exactly why people think you are a cunt. You don't even know what you did to offend. It's all about you, isn't it? You get to make slimy comments about other people's misfortunes but when someone calls you on it you're full of injured innocence. Stick your puppy-eyes routine where I want to shove the rest of your ambulance-chasing routine.

And now to turn your slimy cunt's trick into excuses that it's not you, it's Fidel who hates his father - you don't want to know how much I want to hit you right now.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 24, 2013 at 9:13 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 8:36 am)Drich Wrote: When the blackness consumes him, he will cry out maybe not to you, but to God. Rest assured every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

I considered an emotional retort to your idiocy, but instead decided against it because I know that when talking to you, I'm talking to someone who lacks empathy, compassion, and common sense.

(September 24, 2013 at 9:01 am)Stimbo Wrote: Well done for proving Fidel's point, but I'm sure he won't thank you for it. Do you really need me to tell you where to stick your preachy ambulance-chasing sermonising - and against the family of another member? Not cool, not in the slightest. I suggest you apologise immediately.

How is your perception of my response any different than how I was treated after I shared my battle with a deadly virus?

You USED your father's condition as a panic stop to the conversation, and as leverage to try and dismiss everything I said. Which was based on my own observation dealing directly with death. This coupled with your response above makes you a terriable person and a hipocrite to boot.

You DID the VERY THING you Accused me of Doing!!! But your not pissing all over what could potentialy be a made up condition concerning my Father, or what amounts to a hear say account of someone elses situation.. you've pissed all over what I had to say about my own dealings with HIV. with again what amounts to a hear say account of what you think your dad may or may not be going through.

...and further more I did not wish your Father ill. I told you he could still be potentially be Heaven bound, but because you and stimy look for only the ill will in others, you found the ill will you were looking for. Too bad you don't have the sense to see it is your own ill will looking back at you.

(September 24, 2013 at 9:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: You're a fucking scumbag, Drich.

Oh, and demonstrably wrong, on top of that. Remember Luckie? The lovely young woman whose near death experience solidified her atheism, and now she's come out the other side she's posting here as one? Is out to her family? Where was the believing in god there, shitheel?

see above, and no i do not know who lucky is.
(September 24, 2013 at 9:37 am)Drich Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 9:13 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: I considered an emotional retort to your idiocy, but instead decided against it because I know that when talking to you, I'm talking to someone who lacks empathy, compassion, and common sense.

How is your perception of my response any different than how I was treated after I shared my battle with a deadly virus?

You USED your father's condition as a panic stop to the conversation, and as leverage to try and dismiss everything I said. Which was based on my own observation dealing directly with death. This coupled with your response above makes you a terriable person and a hipocrite to boot.

You DID the VERY THING you Accused me of Doing!!! But your not pissing all over what could potentialy be a made up condition concerning my Father, or what amounts to a hear say account of someone elses situation.. you've pissed all over what I had to say about my own dealings with HIV. with again what amounts to a hear say account of what you think your dad may or may not be going through.

...and further more I did not wish your Father ill. I told you he could still be potentially be Heaven bound, but because you and stimy look for only the ill will in others, you found the ill will you were looking for. Too bad you don't have the sense to see it is your own ill will looking back at you.

You're wrong.

I wasn't using my dad's condition as leverage to halt the conversation (how stupid that you would believe that something as irrelevent as an internet conversation about this topic would warrant me utilising my own grief as leverage, or that I would use said grief to try and disprove you, someone who I don't know or care about at all). I was using it as an example of my own perspective to disprove your condescending remarks about how people always cry out for god when on their death bed.

I never once mentioned anything regarding your own condition(s) or experience. Neither have I said anything disparaging about your own experiences. Not once. You can try and cite me if you feel I have.

When you say you're approacing this with the merit of goodwill, I can only assume you've taken leave of your senses. All I read was condemnation and "Look at me! I've got a god, and if you want to be saved then you should follow me and my god too!"

Typical, Drich.

But please, do continue to play the victim card.

(September 24, 2013 at 9:36 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 9:23 am)Drich Wrote: Maybe help me out here to understand be a little more specific.

And in one single statement you prove beyond all doubt exactly why people think you are a cunt. You don't even know what you did to offend. It's all about you, isn't it? You get to make slimy comments about other people's misfortunes but when someone calls you on it you're full of injured innocence. Stick your puppy-eyes routine where I want to shove the rest of your ambulance-chasing routine.

And now to turn your slimy cunt's trick into excuses that it's not you, it's Fidel who hates his father - you don't want to know how much I want to hit you right now.

That's just it stimmy. I carfully selected my words to be netural. It was up to the reader to assign intent. If one's heart is dark they will only see darkness. If one's heart was not dark or angry, then there was an oppertunity to ask a question and have everything clarified.

again, I do not speak from a vacuum. I was where fidel claims his dad is, and you all were all less than compassionate to my situation. (I was called a f*** liar, was told I should have died, that I should pray for AIDS again, etc.. So ask yourself why should I lead with platitudes and condolances? We are told to treat others as we want to be treated, not treat them as they want to be treated. I did not want that crap/platitudes and condolances when I was in that situation, and so I do not offer them. I wanted direction and truth, at the same time I do not want to be called names or told I should die, which is exactly what I offered to you people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 7006 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I need to talk about this Der/die AtheistIn 2 814 October 9, 2017 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 10337 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These atheists are right, no, it is not trolling. Brian37 11 3153 March 19, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 12711 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 2039 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  what are they teaching in seminaries these days? drfuzzy 14 4396 August 28, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These Crasy-Assed People Made Me Write This Song (or go bonkers) Rhondazvous 3 1478 June 23, 2015 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 7833 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  How often does the holy spirit talk to you? TubbyTubby 54 15845 March 20, 2015 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam