Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small thanks to the resident Theists..
RE: A small thanks to the resident Theists..
He wouldn't forgive you even if that forgiveness was unjust? Oh wait... He does that

He would prevent you from choosing to harm yourself? Ah you got me ...he doesn't do that :/

There really is no condemnation for a genuine failure to understand. There is condemnation for deliberate deceit.

This is better than human law where ignorance is no defence.

You wouldn't find an atheist here who with impossible illogical evidence wouldn't believe. ...No let's not even go there. Confusedhudders:

I guess God is much bigger than that.

/re-open
God is as big as you think him to be. He's also as small as you wish he could be. What's interesting is that my daughter can do the same thing with her imaginary friend Wendy.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Okay Fr0d0,

You'd mentioned your interpretation of hell and I want to know what it is that makes you believe
that hell is just a banishment from god?

I've been over this a few times with catfuds *pre-ban, and godchild.

Here's the overview of the thread on my stance, if you'd like to take a look there are a few posts I made that I highlighted
by linking.

(September 25, 2013 at 10:30 pm)Luckie Wrote: So just to recap, I've shown you why the bible is considered the direct word of god given to man through the holy spirit, I've given you numerous verses that state that those who deny the word of god go to hell, I've shown you reasons why one incurs the wrath of god which includes not professing jesus christ as the son of god, I've shown you and godschild what happens to those who are victims of the wrath of god, I've additionally shown you verses that say the unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire, I've confirmed numerous times that not just demons and satan go to this eternal torment, I then demonstrated what the BIBLE says about the eternal nature of hell, and you're still here scratching your head? You must be more daft than I thought.

Here we go again, chile.. Do pay attention this time Wink

The Bible is the direct word of god per your own brethren's words here.
Unless you don't believe god is perfect, then his word is perfect as well and that means that the bible is unerring because of the nature of god. (Which, incidentally, has been proven to be in error on this forum more times than I can count.)

Those who deny this go to hell, including but not limited to: unbelievers here.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

Revelations 21
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and [e]brimstone, which is the second death.”

1 John 5:10-12
The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Hell is eternal tormenthere.

God's wrath here.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Salvation isn't a delayed promise, it's immediate. Your sins are forgiven. Passed over as if you didn't do them. Now. This minute. Immediately. You are no longer separated from God : in Hell, dead. Not dead in the future. Dead now this minute, as a result of your separation. "Life eternal" is immediate, and momentary. If it wasn't how is it possible to sin after being saved, ...."Sin" also being separated from God? How it it possible to lose salvation, To no longer believe? Hell/ death/ separation from God/ punishment are an immediate result of sin. Life/ salvation/ forgiveness of sin are likewise immediate.

The bible is inspired by God. It isn't written by God. It's Gods word. It is potentially errant, bit this far not proven to be errant. No one on this forum or anywhere else has ever successfully challenged it. It would be a lie to say they had.

"Eternal" it's an inaccurate translation of the source. It is more accurately translated as "a very long time". "God will bring all things to himself". Death cannot defeat God.
(February 28, 2014 at 3:15 am)fr0d0 Wrote: The bible is inspired by God. It isn't written by God. It's Gods word. It is potentially errant, bit this far not proven to be errant. No one on this forum or anywhere else has ever successfully challenged it. It would be a lie to say they had.

So, is this another one of those "fantasy world" deals you christians tend to live in, or have you just genuinely never read a post here? Dodgy

I'm betting it's the former, because earlier on you said this:

Quote:He wouldn't forgive you even if that forgiveness was unjust? Oh wait... He does that

Apparently ignoring the two assumptions you're having to make: that there was something god needed to forgive in the first place, and that this forgiveness would at all be unjust. As to the former, god has nothing he can justifiably forgive, he's just a whiny bitch taking actions that don't concern him personally. As to the latter, my actions certainly aren't so grievous that such "forgiveness" would be anywhere near unjust.

Quote:There really is no condemnation for a genuine failure to understand. There is condemnation for deliberate deceit.

Oh sweet, I guess very few of us atheists are going to hell then, because we certainly don't know there's a god, and are lying to ourselves, despite what some of the more boneheaded christians believe.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 28, 2014 at 3:15 am)fr0d0 Wrote: The bible is inspired by God. It isn't written by God. It's Gods word. It is potentially errant, bit this far not proven to be errant. No one on this forum or anywhere else has ever successfully challenged it. It would be a lie to say they had.

There's nothing to challenge because it's a book of insubstantial claims.

Why does the Bible enjoy the special status of "true until proven false"?
(February 27, 2014 at 11:32 pm)Luckie Wrote: Okay Fr0d0,

You'd mentioned your interpretation of hell and I want to know what it is that makes you believe
that hell is just a banishment from god?

I've been over this a few times with catfuds *pre-ban, and godchild.

Here's the overview of the thread on my stance, if you'd like to take a look there are a few posts I made that I highlighted
by linking.

(September 25, 2013 at 10:30 pm)Luckie Wrote: So just to recap, I've shown you why the bible is considered the direct word of god given to man through the holy spirit, I've given you numerous verses that state that those who deny the word of god go to hell, I've shown you reasons why one incurs the wrath of god which includes not professing jesus christ as the son of god, I've shown you and godschild what happens to those who are victims of the wrath of god, I've additionally shown you verses that say the unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire, I've confirmed numerous times that not just demons and satan go to this eternal torment, I then demonstrated what the BIBLE says about the eternal nature of hell, and you're still here scratching your head? You must be more daft than I thought.

Here we go again, chile.. Do pay attention this time Wink

The Bible is the direct word of god per your own brethren's words here.
Unless you don't believe god is perfect, then his word is perfect as well and that means that the bible is unerring because of the nature of god. (Which, incidentally, has been proven to be in error on this forum more times than I can count.)

Those who deny this go to hell, including but not limited to: unbelievers here.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

Revelations 21
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and [e]brimstone, which is the second death.”

1 John 5:10-12
The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Hell is eternal tormenthere.

God's wrath here.

A good portion of people will go to hell. Even Jesus went to hell. Others will end up in the sea. And the rest will be dead. However, the good news is that all of those states are just temporary. So even if you are in hell you will get out on Judgment Day. Then it's off to the golden cube or
you will get tossed into the lake of fire.

So don't sweat about going to hell. You'll meet a lot of your buddies there but it's not eternal.
(February 28, 2014 at 4:09 am)Esquilax Wrote: the two assumptions you're having to make: that there was something god needed to forgive in the first place, and that this forgiveness would at all be unjust.

I've never met a perfect person, but I guess you're saying you're it. Excuse me if I don't take that with a spoonful of skepticism.

(February 28, 2014 at 4:09 am)Esquilax Wrote: I guess very few of us atheists are going to hell then, because we certainly don't know there's a god, and are lying to ourselves, despite what some of the more boneheaded christians believe.

I believe you're lying esq. I can't see inside your head, and you might genuinely believe what you say, so I'll give you three benefit of the doubt.

[Image: matrix-smith-dodging-bullets-o.gif]
(February 28, 2014 at 7:11 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I've never met a perfect person, but I guess you're saying you're it. Excuse me if I don't take that with a spoonful of skepticism.

No, I'm not perfect, but it doesn't follow that my imperfections need to be forgiven by god, especially when they don't affect him at all. Covering your initial assertion with another assertion isn't going to get you anywhere.

Quote:I believe you're lying esq. I can't see inside your head, and you might genuinely believe what you say, so I'll give you three benefit of the doubt.

I'm glad you decided not to tell me what I believe, that's very appreciated. Some wouldn't, and it drives me insane. However, without evidence that I'm lying, I feel fairly safe in merely saying that you're wrong.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 812 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3163 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Dear Resident Theists Longhorn 271 64378 September 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Blind boy thanks he favourite deity for making him blind ReptilianPeon 12 3486 August 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 5015 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8495 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Um…Thanks (I think?) BrokenQuill92 7 1955 January 14, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Small wonder God/Allah/Vishnu 'has many faces' Rokcet Scientist 2 1451 September 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  A small gem.. Kayenneh 1 1081 May 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  thanks, god. bozo 88 27082 April 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki