Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!!
RE: Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!!
(June 14, 2014 at 3:24 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: First of all you are assuming that every plant now was present back then. Also, you are not taking into consideration the effects of the curse, you are quoting what God said prior to the Fall. And God did create everything in 6 days. Neither you nor I were there.
Ah... and how exactly did these new plants that weren't present then come about, Rev? You have said on other threads that every organism has always existed in its present form. So which is it?

(June 14, 2014 at 3:24 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Because you say they are fairy tails I am supposed to believe that? These are real accounts and no one has proven that they are not true. The proof that Christ is a changed life of not just me but millions of other born again believers who placed their trust in Him.
Again, what metric gets the Bible held to a different standard than every other book in history? Let's leave out the claims it makes about itself---that is not a metric used for any other work in history. So why do you ignore all the things in the Bible that are demonstrably not true? The flood account, the fact that bats aren't birds(Lev 11:13-19), the fact that insects don't have four feet (Lev 11:21-23), plus a thousand other things, the literal hundreds of internal contradictions (a few here), and the fact that archaeology doesn't support every claim the Bible, which you wouldn't expect for an infallible work. So why, if the Bible gets to prove itself for you, doesn't the Iliad or Plutarch's Lives get the same consideration?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 14, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Dear GalacticBusDriver,
God does love and care for you. We are in a time of grace and He sent us His Son so that we might believe and be saved.
You just keep repeating those same baseless assertions and thinking they mean something. It's ok though, because I know it's what keeps away the tears and lets you sleep at night.

Give me Prometheus over your god-boy any day, every day.

(June 14, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: The Lord doesn't often send us an in your face sign, He calls us to be faithful.
I wasn't asking for an "in your face sign." I was asking for anything. "Ask and it will be given." Sound familiar? I got nothing. Your gawd lies again!

(June 14, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Read the account of Thomas where Jesus said, "Blessed are those who have never seen yet believe."
You obviously missed or (more likely) ignored the point I've repeatedly made of reading that stupid fucking book twice. I've kept a "study buy-bull with all kinds of stuff highlighted and I'm quite familiar with the myth of Thomas. It's bullshit, just like the rest of that piss-poor work of fiction

(June 14, 2014 at 3:53 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Also: No bombs or bullets or armies will stop god?

Yes they they will. You can't prove that they won't, either. Our nukes are more powerful than your god.

Nukes, schmukes! All we need are iron chariots. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Actually the story of Noah's Ark played a part in my de-conversion.

I had heard and read various objections that atheists had towards the bible, and I desperately wanted to defend god's word, so I began a deeper study.

Genesis 8:21
And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

I remember this particular verse hitting me hard. After god has killed every living thing on the planet, then he says, "Ok maybe I should've thought this through".

A truth suddenly struck me - God knows the future, hence Revelations. If that's the case, then he knew ahead of time, that after the flood, he would decide to "never again smite every living thing".

Yet knowing this, he still went ahead and destroyed every living thing? At first, I tried to find an alternative answer to my own question, but there was just no excuse for this. God carried out this genocide anyway. Once the truth of this really set in, I began seeing many other bible stories in a different light.

Once I found this contradiction, the others became easier to see.
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
Ha! True that!

Rev, I think your god is just a pussy-ass bitch. I think if he exists, he's looked at what we are and what we can do, and immediately went "Yeah that looks like an entire planet of Nope."

Probably should've been a bit more omniscient than merely being all-omniscient. He should've been extra-all-omniscient. Cuz man, he fucked up a lot and sure didn't foresee a whole bunch of shit...
(June 14, 2014 at 3:53 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Also: No bombs or bullets or armies will stop god?

Yes they they will. You can't prove that they won't, either. Our nukes are more powerful than your god.

They had iron chariots.

Iron. Chariots.
(June 14, 2014 at 4:12 pm)CindysRain Wrote: Actually the story of Noah's Ark played a part in my de-conversion.

I had heard and read various objections that atheists had towards the bible, and I desperately wanted to defend god's word, so I began a deeper study.

Genesis 8:21
And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

I remember this particular verse hitting me hard. After god has killed every living thing on the planet, then he says, "Ok maybe I should've thought this through".

A truth suddenly struck me - God knows the future, hence Revelations. If that's the case, then he knew ahead of time, that after the flood, he would decide to "never again smite every living thing".

Then there's the fact that as the story goes - NEXT time he's not going to kill them all by drowning, he's just going to throw most of them in a fire.

Hey, it's an improvement at least.
(June 14, 2014 at 3:24 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: they are fairy tails
I see what you mean....

[Image: %D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%...-81767.gif]
(June 14, 2014 at 4:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Then there's the fact that as the story goes - NEXT time he's not going to kill them all by drowning, he's just going to throw most of them in a fire.
Hey, it's an improvement at least.

Ahh the eternal torture chamber of fire, cause apparently death would be too kind.

Aside from the charred flesh and non-stop pain Mad
my other issue with hell is the injustice of it.

You take someone who spends their life being a good person without religion, but because they did not obey John 3:16....that person will burn forever in hell, alongside the likes of murderers, rapists, etc.

Prisons are kinder. They do not give a shoplifter the same punishment/prison time as a child molester.
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
(June 14, 2014 at 5:48 pm)CindysRain Wrote: Prisons are kinder. They do not give a shoplifter the same punishment/prison time as a child molester.

But, but, but... Gawd is all loving and super merciful. You must have deserved hell if that's where the all loving, all merciful sent you!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodgy
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 14, 2014 at 11:13 am)Revelation777 Wrote:

Kim Jun doesn't always tell the truth because he is a man. Kim jun is not inherently good because he is a man. I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth. God is good and man is a sinner. If you were comparing man to man then your questions apply. You can't compare God to man in character.

What do you mean when you say that God is Truth? Is that a physical attribute? When Jesus was asked what truth is he couldn't answer. So maybe Truth is something like a color or a size. Is Truth large or small, fat or thin, green or red? Is it wet or dry, hot or cold?

If God is Truth then it seems like a major problem because Truth changes all the time. What was true yesterday is false today and what was false yesterday will be true tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1726 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Aiders of the Lost Ark LinuxGal 1 810 November 26, 2022 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 8504 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2987 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1716 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A question about the crew and passengers on the Ark. Gawdzilla Sama 68 8414 September 16, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short Minimalist 20 4736 April 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Questions about noah ark king krish 210 53208 April 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 5656 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3548 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker