Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies
RE: Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies
Quote:If you study the Bible you will find that God warned the Jews that if they sinned they would be scattered among the nations

Your fucking 'god' also told David

2 Samuel 7

Quote:16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me ; your throne will be established forever.' "

"Forever" in this case ended in 586 BC when the Babylonians burned Jerusalem to the ground.

Some 'god.'
theophilus, are you really that naive to history and archeological discoveries, which have been proven factual?

I suggest reading material that you question, instead of simply following the bandwagon of questioners...
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Quote:"Forever" in this case ended in 586 BC when the Babylonians burned Jerusalem to the ground.

Some 'god.'
They are so bold about future thats why they are losing it.. I think people who wrote these were just thinking for the present. didn't care for future believers. they should take an example by Nostradamus. The man is so unclear it could be anything.Smile

Btw mo3, you wanted some evidence about my early post and i gave it to you.. going respond? or just pretend like it never happened???
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
Annatar, have you ever read Philip R. Davies "In Search of Ancient Israel?"

In essence, his argument is that Judaism was created by the Persians when they sent a bunch of alleged "exiles" back to their new province of Yehud.

In effect, Persia did not conquer Judah (Yehud). Instead they took Babylon by coup d'main and woke up the following morning (after the victory party, I suppose!) with a whole new empire. A group of people presumably loyal to Persia was sent back under the guise of being the exiled former rulers from 50 years earlier. They needed a yarn to explain why they were there to take over.

The Persian army was needed to suppress revolts on their eastern border and Cyrus the Great was killed in battle doing so. In effect, this was a cheap way for Persia to assert control over the less important parts of their new empire (and Judah/Yehud) would have been little more than a shithole) without sending the army.

We have no actual evidence of "Jewish" religious practices prior to the Persian period.

BTW, Israeli archaeologist Israel Finkelstein recently wrote a paper which argued that the size of post-Persian Jerusalem was about 400 people...including children.
No i haven't, but i will if I can find a copy.
It should be true becouse persian's religion is similar to judaism in so many aspects.(especially religion called Zoroastrian) Their god's Ahura mazda and Ahriman's story is just like God and Lucifer. Furthermore Most of the stories are same such as noah's ark or creation. According to famous turkish Sumerologist Muazzez Ilmiye Cig(93 years old. ancient to someSmile) if you follow these stories you will see that all that stories based on Sumerians which was an advanced ancient civilization. Every religion effected from each other and evolved through history it is obvious. you should check sumerians on wikipedia. Its really interesting..

Edit: Heey MO3!! I am waiting for you!!!!!
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
Quote:It should be true becouse persian's religion is similar to judaism in so many aspects.

Bingo. Davies notes at one point that the Persians would have had no trouble recognizing their god, Ahura Mazda, in the newly-minted Yahweh that the "Exiles" took back to Jerusalem.
[Image: 154px-Zartosht.jpg]
check this out.. looks like jesus is using same bacground with Zarathushtra...Smile

Gandalf The Gray.
(June 28, 2010 at 10:50 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:It should be true becouse persian's religion is similar to judaism in so many aspects.

Bingo. Davies notes at one point that the Persians would have had no trouble recognizing their god, Ahura Mazda, in the newly-minted Yahweh that the "Exiles" took back to Jerusalem.

But didn't Ahura Mazda have an evil opponent, a devil who's name escapes me right now? Satan wasn't an opponent of Yahweh until the NT, when heaven and hell were invented. It also seems like the Persians had a concept of the afterlife, which the Jews lacked until later in the OT. The Jewish faith also seemed to have Egyptian influences as well.

I don't deny that the Persians influenced what later became Christianity. In fact, that's obvious looking at the similarities with Zoroasterianism. I'm just asking if Davies has any account for the differences.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:But didn't Ahura Mazda have an evil opponent, a devil who's name escapes me right now?

Its Ahriman. But he demoted from god to satan in judaism..
and thats right i thnik jews got the idea of single god from Egyptians. since they were the first who came up with that idea.their god was athon i guess. Created by Pharaoh Akhenaten(not sure though)

edit:"He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on the Aten, which is sometimes described as monotheistic or henotheistic. " wikipedia...

Gandalf The Gray.
Quote:But didn't Ahura Mazda have an evil opponen

Angra Mainyu. The whole battle between good and evil thing was a Persian construct. Xtians went for that shit with a vengeance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2297 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1567 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 3028 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10977 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 24184 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 15115 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5490 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Prophesies in the Bible mcolafson 11 1778 October 3, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 7187 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biblical Incest Foxaèr 35 6704 July 19, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13