Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay"
RE: Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay"
Haha yeh, everyone has their own objective morality Smile That's priceless.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 11, 2014 at 10:38 pm)psychoslice Wrote:
(December 11, 2014 at 10:06 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think anybody who says that you can choose to be gay obviously has a subconscious desire to shove a cock in their mouth.

I think every man has thought of that and fantasied about it, look what happens when they go to prison.

Bullshit, that's why I think the argument holds no water. I'm sure that there are more people with bi-sexual inclinations out there then surveys would show, but those who say that everyone is bi-sexual to some degree are basically making the same argument as that billboard.

I can't choose to enjoy a dick sandwich. Maybe some people can choose and others cannot. However if you make the claim that you can choose to be gay, the person who is saying that is implicitly saying that they can choose to enjoy a dick in the mouth. Personally I find it to be gross. I actually find men in general to be kind of gross and obnoxious to boot. I'm happy to be a heterosexual man for sure.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Thing is, who knows what chad's definition of moral is. Certainly nothing like any of ours I feel.

I haven't slapped anyone down this hard since joining and it's rather sad someone went so badly out of line for me to feel it's appropriate. I usually try and be polite and use snarky sarcasm when someone is being a dick, but this is a new level.

I'm amazed someone could think that what consenting adults do in the bedroom is anyone's business but their own.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: ...objective morality...

What is that exactly?

Does that mean morality can be measured, like temperature, mass or velocity? Can we plug numbers into a spread sheet and compute the most moral course of action in any decision?

Is not the definition of "objective", something free of values, opinions and judgment calls? Do we not say phrases like "moral judgment" and "moral values". Doesn't our very language admit that morality is subjective?

If there is a god who decides what is or is not moral, how does that make morality objective? By definition, the opinions of any being, no matter how powerful, benevolent or wise that being may be, are subjective. All you've done is sacrifice your judgment to someone else's.

As soon as someone can explain what "objective morality" is supposed to be and how exactly we can measure it, then I will consider whether or not it exists.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: ...objective morality...

What is that exactly?

Does that mean morality can be measured, like temperature, mass or velocity? Can we plug numbers into a spread sheet and compute the most moral course of action in any decision?

Is not the definition of "objective", something free of values, opinions and judgment calls? Do we not say phrases like "moral judgment" and "moral values". Doesn't our very language admit that morality is subjective?

If there is a god who decides what is or is not moral, how does that make morality objective? By definition, the opinions of any being, no matter how powerful, benevolent or wise that being may be, are subjective. All you've done is sacrifice your judgment to someone else's.

As soon as someone can explain what "objective morality" is supposed to be and how exactly we can measure it, then I will consider whether or not it exists.

Any morality must be measured against the absolute standard defined by the frequency of the strokes that Chad Wooter's hair palms imparts upon his penis.

How could something chad wooters feels to the tip of the hairs on his palm not have a basis in some absolute standard?
What a thread!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Isn't that if one is born gay, the other has a 50% chance or some high number of being gay as well. Which is too show it's partially genetic.
So what have we learnt so far?

I don't know what it's like in America, but in England, gay guys don't grab and bugger every man they walk past. So it's not such a problem.

Index of my best videos
I learned that the post wasn't referring to Billboard magazine. Undecided
(December 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm)robvalue Wrote: Thing is, who knows what chad's definition of moral is. Certainly nothing like any of ours I feel.

I haven't slapped anyone down this hard since joining and it's rather sad someone went so badly out of line for me to feel it's appropriate. I usually try and be polite and use snarky sarcasm when someone is being a dick, but this is a new level.

I'm amazed someone could think that what consenting adults do in the bedroom is anyone's business but their own.

I kinda feel like that's one of the problems with the gay community though. They make it a point to try to make their sex life EVERYONE'S business. I don't have a problem with somebody being gay, I just think that their activism is executed poorly. One of the reasons that the civil rights campaign finally had success was because MLK was such a great speaker and figure for the cause. When one of the most visible activists for gay rights is Rosie O'Donnell, the cause is bound to have a certain degree of failure. Just my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 995 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Nobody reads science books metaphorically! ignoramus 55 14915 June 11, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7851 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Born this way, baby Silver 170 53421 March 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: John V
  Being born again linked to brain atrophy Oldandeasilyconfused 14 7236 January 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Born again Atheist Rokcet Scientist 4 2744 September 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Jesus was born, um, somewhere around this time DeistPaladin 39 12052 March 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Atheist Billboard Secularone 8 3214 November 4, 2009 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Meatball