Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You all convinced me, I'm now an Atheist!!!
RE: You all convinced me, I'm now an Atheist!!!
You can love God and be Atheist in the same way I can love Batman and not believe he exists. But I don't think this is what Drich intended.
(January 16, 2015 at 6:05 am)robvalue Wrote: I think Drich has a point though. You can ask people to call you an atheist, even if you aren't one. You can ask people to call you whatever you want. Doesn't mean they will, though.

That isn't Drich's point, though. Drich's point is that God appointed him to be the ultimate authority to judge who is and is not a Christian based upon their willingness to practice Christianity in a way that Drich has decided is the only right one.

Which is funny, because Drich is absolutely a false Christian based upon his own criteria.
(January 18, 2015 at 6:20 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(January 16, 2015 at 6:05 am)robvalue Wrote: I think Drich has a point though. You can ask people to call you an atheist, even if you aren't one. You can ask people to call you whatever you want. Doesn't mean they will, though.

That isn't Drich's point, though. Drich's point is that God appointed him to be the ultimate authority to judge who is and is not a Christian based upon their willingness to practice Christianity in a way that Drich has decided is the only right one.

Which is funny, because Drich is absolutely a false Christian based upon his own criteria.

What is "my criteria?"
Something about living by what the Bible says, and not ignoring the parts you don't want to live by. You know, like you ignore Mosaic law because you don't want to live by it.
(January 18, 2015 at 8:15 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 6:20 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: That isn't Drich's point, though. Drich's point is that God appointed him to be the ultimate authority to judge who is and is not a Christian based upon their willingness to practice Christianity in a way that Drich has decided is the only right one.

What is "my criteria?"

Whatever is most convenient to you at the time.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 18, 2015 at 9:06 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 8:15 pm)Drich Wrote: What is "my criteria?"

Preach!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If God wants to tell us stuff, why doesn't he just make an account? Why instead is he sending garbled contradictory messages through several theists? His idea of a joke I guess.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You are not an atheist, or whatever you believe yourself to be, you are you, you are, and everything else that you believe yourself to be is conditioning and programming, like it or not.
(January 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Something about living by what the Bible says, and not ignoring the parts you don't want to live by. You know, like you ignore Mosaic law because you don't want to live by it.

what are you talking about? the Mosaic law indroduces and define the rules for attonement and forgivness. Christianity's foundations are built on the mosic law for this very reason

(January 18, 2015 at 9:06 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 8:15 pm)Drich Wrote: What is "my criteria?"

which is what as you understand it?

(January 19, 2015 at 3:43 am)robvalue Wrote: If God wants to tell us stuff, why doesn't he just make an account? Why instead is he sending garbled contradictory messages through several theists? His idea of a joke I guess.

Christ did tell us what to do concerning the Law. He said the WHole law hangs on just two commandments: Love your Lord God with all of your being and love your neighbor as yourself. If you love God with all of your being, your worship will look differently than mine. To me it seems you are a method worshiper (or would be) you need a check list to follow in order to feel like you are worshiping correctly. I am not if I were to worship in this way I would quickly loose myself into the practices of worship much like the pharisees did. Therefore we would need two seperate different ways to worship.

Because of that command to Love God with all of your being one needs to have the freedom Christianity affords to be able to follow that command.

(January 19, 2015 at 4:04 am)psychoslice Wrote: You are not an atheist, or whatever you believe yourself to be, you are you, you are, and everything else that you believe yourself to be is conditioning and programming, like it or not.

So just because I call myself an Atheist doesn't make me one if I don't follow the rules of Atheism?
(January 12, 2015 at 5:01 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: I am however wondering which (if any) of the well established Christian sects Drich believes is the correct one...

Nation Of Islam

Wait, what?
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1588 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 69483 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2765 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So you when to hell now what. dyresand 556 117611 June 25, 2015 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Tonus
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 8958 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheist Interview! All knowledgeable Atheists needed! danidare13 19 3960 September 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
Star 11 Things The Bible Bans,But You Do It Anyway (Hell awaits you all) Big Blue Sky 11 5518 July 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Watch: now you see it, now you... Cyberman 15 4695 April 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Former Atheist, (now a Christian) who led to the first Dawkin's Forum site closing. CoxRox 21 6545 October 13, 2011 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: salty