Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
RE: The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This
This is getting really painful. I'm always at that crossroads with a theist: do know they are being dishonest, or do they really not understand at all?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 19, 2015 at 1:22 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 19, 2015 at 1:17 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Ii wasn't the first part of the sentence, it was a completely different sentence altogether.

What did I just say, about you not getting to decide whether you broke the rules or not?

Also, you seem to have this habit of just ignoring segments of posts that are inconvenient to you. Like what you did in your sig- both times- or every time I picked you up on your inaccurate understanding of evolution... or like right now, when you just ignored the very valid accusation of trolling to focus on minutia.

Oh, and see that, just there? When I used ellipses to indicate a pause, without necessarily disconnecting the thread of the discourse from the rest of the sentence? That's a thing. You're talking to someone who writes professionally here; this is my job, I've done that in published works before. My view of this is entirely valid, Mr. Quibbles.
It doesn't matter to me, I'll add the first sentence. Like I said, it changes nothing.
Good, so now you have a signature that is a dishonest 'gotcha' attempt to show that I don't understand science, while I correct myself mere moments later.

Soooo much better. You seriously can't see that you're being dishonest?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 19, 2015 at 1:33 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Good, so now you have a signature that is a dishonest 'gotcha' attempt to show that I don't understand science, while I correct myself mere moments later.

Soooo much better. You seriously can't see that you're being dishonest?

Still not satisfied? Didn't see that one coming... Thinking
I'll take that as a no. I personally don't mind what of mine you quote where, but the fact that you can't even acknowledge that it's a shitty backhanded attempt at tu quoque-ing yourself into legitimacy is the more disturbing part.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It doesn't matter to me, I'll add the first sentence. Like I said, it changes nothing.

So now you've gone from quote mining and trolling, to just trolling. Perhaps there's another breach of the rules you'd like to remove from your sig too, instead of just ignoring it, as though that'll make it go away? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 19, 2015 at 1:52 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It doesn't matter to me, I'll add the first sentence. Like I said, it changes nothing.

So now you've gone from quote mining and trolling, to just trolling. Perhaps there's another breach of the rules you'd like to remove from your sig too, instead of just ignoring it, as though that'll make it go away? Thinking

Since when is quoting someone considered trolling? This would be the third time I've quoted someone In my sig, but the first time it's considered trolling.
Ah... it's been considered trolling the whole time Huggy, we're just getting sick of your dishonest bullshit, so it's being pointed out now.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 19, 2015 at 2:05 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Since when is quoting someone considered trolling?

I know obtuse faux-ignorance is like ninety percent of your argumentation, but don't fuck around with me: like your other sig, this one is here specifically to taunt another member over a perceived wrongdoing. That's also known as trolling, Huggy.

Quote:This would be the third time I've quoted someone In my sig, but the first time it's considered trolling.

I've always felt your last sig was the same way, but I let it slide. Now, it's apparent that you're going to make a habit of this fatuous idiocy, and I can't let that stand in good conscience.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 19, 2015 at 2:10 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Ah... it's been considered trolling the whole time Huggy, we're just getting sick of your dishonest bullshit, so it's being pointed out now.
The staff changed a signature of mine where I quoted another member contradicting himself, trolling was not given as a reason.

(March 19, 2015 at 2:14 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 19, 2015 at 2:05 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Since when is quoting someone considered trolling?

I know obtuse faux-ignorance is like ninety percent of your argumentation, but don't fuck around with me: like your other sig, this one is here specifically to taunt another member over a perceived wrongdoing. That's also known as trolling, Huggy.

Quote:This would be the third time I've quoted someone In my sig, but the first time it's considered trolling.

I've always felt your last sig was the same way, but I let it slide. Now, it's apparent that you're going to make a habit of this fatuous idiocy, and I can't let that stand in good conscience.

So are you saying as a mod that I must Change my signature, and that I am no longer allowed to quote someone in said signature?

I hope you realize this sets a precedent....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1463 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3646 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 20917 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 14954 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2969 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 16265 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 15014 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8477 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks Minimalist 13 3686 December 27, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7675 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist