Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence: The Gathering
RE: Evidence: The Gathering
(July 19, 2015 at 10:52 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: *yawn*

Is this nugget still hanging around?

Some dingle berries must be wiped out.  They're just not going to fall.
(July 19, 2015 at 7:48 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(July 19, 2015 at 4:15 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote: Something that is testable, verifiable, and repeatable.

It's the bare minimum I will accept. OP does not meet this bare minimum.

How do you repeat history, panda?

Have you asked Caesar to cross the Rubicon more than once? Will Paul Revere need ride a second time just to satisfy your need to know?
Idiota. Reveals how impossible it is to reason with those who are by default unreasonable and who have been indoctrinated to believe nonsense.

I have no use for a husk of a human being who is incapable of thinking for themselves without twisting everything to be about a non-existent entity. Needless to say, equivocation between Ceaser and resurrection zombie Jew is laughable. As well, Ceaser never claimed to be a god capable for creating a universe, so the evidence required is slightly different. Don't expect you to understand any of that, but then again neither do i particularly care.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Jesus can come back and be killed again in front of me, and then come back to life. With loads of other witnesses. I'll accept that as evidence that he can come back to life. I doubt anything else would be sufficient for such extraordinary claims.

I won't accept it as evidence that he's god, or the son of God though. Nor will I bow to him. Talk to him, sure. I'd love to talk to him.

Actually talk to him that is, in the normal sensible way where both parties contribute, and it takes place outside of my own mind.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 20, 2015 at 1:53 am)robvalue Wrote: Jesus can come back and be killed again in front of me, and then come back to life. With loads of other witnesses. I'll accept that as evidence that he can come back to life. I doubt anything else would be sufficient for such extraordinary claims.

I won't accept it as evidence that he's god, or the son of God though. Nor will I bow to him. Talk to him, sure. I'd love to talk to him.

Actually talk to him that is, in the normal sensible way where both parties contribute, and it takes place outside of my own mind.

Theists are fucked anyway because the human mind has conceived of a being at least as powerful as the supposed bible god but which isn't a god:

[Image: Q-on-Star-Trek-VOY-q-star-trek-10759478-692-530.jpg]

A god would have to convince me that it's not just a super evolved being with supposed god like powers, and I'm not sure it ever could.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
No, the character of Yahweh in the bible is very seriously under-powered. He's nowhere near the general word salad descriptions I get.

I still have no idea what the entry requirements are for a god, and what separates them from just a regular being with immense power. It's why I find the concept and the questions involved nonsensical. I don't know what we're talking about. Neither, I expect, do the people asking me the question.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(July 19, 2015 at 6:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Evidence... none!

Pretty impressive response, poca.

Not that I agree with your points, of course, but you get full props for actually addressing the material in SOME fashion.
cheers!
It's too much stuff for a decent point-by-point response...
Perhaps some other day... some other thread...

(July 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Have you noticed that almost no one else does?
I have.... they were waiting for me to reply!
They're cool like that, sometimes.

(July 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: You're better than this forum. I know you're a mod with certain bennies and status, etc. but you would benefit from changing to CAF. Seriously.
I tried once, remember? They wouldn't let me register.
Besides, I'm not interested in talking about catholicism in particular... I put all religions at the same level.

(July 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: You're slumming here. This claptrap is beneath you intellectually.
There are days...

(July 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: And btw, Josephus was WAAAAAAAAY too removed. Really? Learn how professional historians think, okay?

Care to tell me how Josephus was claimed to be an eye-witness of the resurrection?
Or did he just write about a group of people called "chrestians"?
And didn't his writings get added on to a bit later by some christian scribe?
Can those professional historians tell us which bits are accurate accounts from Josephus' lifetime and which were added later?

Even the qur'an is a better attestation of the life of Mohammed, than any of those you listed... and yet, you don't believe in the story about the archangel seeing nomad arab, holder of a harem, leader of the tribe that conquered the Arabian peninsula, last prophet of allah.
And this arab was much closer, in time, to the events of the NT and yet, even he did not believe in the divinity of Jesus... some degree of prophethood, yes... but not the messiah.

You don't believe him; he doesn't believe you; I don't believe you both!
(July 19, 2015 at 11:27 am)Randy Carson Wrote:

[Image: didnt-read-lol.gif]

Seriously, Randy, I know you're enjoying your mental masturbation here but unless you can do better; go blow it out your ass.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(July 19, 2015 at 11:27 am)Randy Carson Wrote: So, for the past couple of months, I've been listening to skeptics saying, "Show me the evidence, show me the evidence" again and again as if by repetition, they can somehow ward off seeing the existence of God, the existence of Jesus and the resurrection.

The evidence can't be presuppositional if it's to be taken seriously by skeptics.
Typical evidence:

Everything -> therefore -> God
(July 19, 2015 at 11:27 am)Randy Carson Wrote: So, for the past couple of months, I've been listening to skeptics saying, "Show me the evidence, show me the evidence" again and again as if by repetition, they can somehow ward off seeing the existence of God, the existence of Jesus and the resurrection.

Therefore, I'm going to use this thread to gather examples of various types of evidence that I come across. I'll add to or subtract from this document as it seems necessary.  Consider this a work in progress.

But you've already said you are not going to meet the standard of proof required by any self respecting skeptic.

(July 19, 2015 at 8:29 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:  God does not offer evidence that forces you to decide one way or the other. The clues are sufficient, but no coercive.

Your clues would only persuade a person who is trying very hard to be persuaded.  I'm not interested in trying to persuade myself of what can't be proven anymore than I'm interested in a special on lobotomies.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 5427 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Silver 181 41318 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 32277 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 22409 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Personal evidence Silver 19 6506 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Is Accepting Christian Evidence Special Pleading? SteveII 768 260251 September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Do Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence? SteveII 643 150292 August 12, 2017 at 1:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11861 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
Exclamation Us Athiests v. Sid Roth: Where Is The Evidence, Sid! A Lucid Dreaming Atheist 4 3007 August 3, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Magic: The Gathering KevinM1 12 4550 July 21, 2015 at 4:38 am
Last Post: abaris