Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 6:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
joke time
RE: joke time
Apologies in advance for an esoteric joke. But this is one of my favorites.

One night, at a prestigious university the heads of all the departments had a meeting. About halfway through the meeting, there was a flash of brilliant light, and an angel appeared, floating over the table in front of the chair of the philosophy department.

"I will grant you one of the following," she said, "You can have 30 million dollars, unsurpassed good looks, or infinite wisdom."

Of course, being a philosopher, the professor said, "I want infinite wisdom."

"Granted," the angel said and then disappeared in a flash of light. 

Though outwardly the same in appearance, those at the meeting agreed that the professor appeared to be somehow transformed.

As the angel's flash of light faded, the professor just sat there, staring off into the distance. 

After this had gone on for some time, one of the professor's colleagues prodded him..."Say something!"

And, still staring off into the distance, the professor said... "I shoulda took the money."
I was at the bank today. An old lady asked me to check her balance so I pushed her over.

My girlfriend called me immature.. I told her to get out of my treehouse.
Q:  How many Freudians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Two. One to change the bulb and one to steady the cock.  I mean father.  I mean ladder. Dammit.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 2mdssv.jpg]

[Image: 2mdsxw.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Line from the old 1980s detective/comedy "Moonlighting".

David, as usual gets into a fight with Maddie over the sell of the detective agency, ends up depressed at a bar.

Bartender asks him what he will have and he responds, "Bloody Mary, easy on the blood, heavy on the Mary."
I was just watching another episode of the Bad cop spoof of Dirty Harry comedy "Sledgehammer," they end up in his apartment and the camera pans down to a magazine on his coffee table titled, "Better Homes and Missiles".
(November 13, 2018 at 2:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was just watching another episode of the Bad cop spoof of Dirty Harry comedy "Sledgehammer," they end up in his apartment and the camera pans down to a magazine on his coffee table titled, "Better Homes and Missiles".

Vigilante cops, "We want you to join our group who believe in righting wrongs through force and agression."

Hammer: "I'm already a registered republican."
Dying to live, living to die.
The divorce court judge is admonishing Mickey Mouse:

"Mr. Mouse, you need to have more compassion for the differently-abled! Suing Minnie Mouse for divorce because she is 'crazy' is completely unacceptable!"

Mickey's response:

"Ha ha! I'm not filing for divorce because she's 'crazy'! It's because she's fucking Goofy!"
Disappointing theists since 1968!
^ [Image: 2mhb3l.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:Richard Feynman said: "Physics is to mathematics as sex is to masturbation"

Student : "So you're saying both fields are good, but without an attempt to understand the universe, the search for deeper mathematical truth is empty?"

Professor : "I'm saying you'll spend most of undergrad doing math."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No joke -- I have decided to convert to Christianity! Jehanne 10 2360 April 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A sacred joke. Mystic 15 2834 January 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1513 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Has To Be A Joke Here, Somewhere! Minimalist 3 2397 October 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Joke Minimalist 59 17214 June 27, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A little joke Sup 11 4350 April 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolution (is a) joke JesusLover1 12 9057 March 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Preacher joke 02 Drich 2 1914 February 12, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Preacher joke 01 Drich 8 4536 January 20, 2014 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Drich
  Make Up An Atheist Joke freedomfromforum 5 2902 October 6, 2013 at 12:30 am