Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
joke time
RE: joke time
[Image: 28565786444f760ce6249a0984d725d63841fb14.jpg]
(July 16, 2020 at 6:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 5:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Little known fact, Fla Gov DeSantis on the side is lead singer of a cover band. He's available for funerals and wakes.

"Welcome to the petri dish they call Florida, such an infected place, no mask mandate. Virus on the counter, ICU's on ice, and DeSantis said, "We are all just sycophants, bowing to the orange turd's vice." Cover of the Buzzards(<---- I actually stole that response after I posted this spoof on twitter)

"I'VE GOT two tickets to our demise, pack your bags, we'll die tonight." Cover of Greedy I Only Care About Money.

Just awful.

Boru

Boru, have you ever watched the SITCOMS M.A.S.H. or Hogan's Heros?  

Both of those shows employed dark humor. I don't find this virus funny at all. I have friends I worry about every damned day. I worry about getting a call that they got it. They worry about me getting it. But none of them would object to my humor of criticizing bad policy that got us here.

I've even often joked with my best friend John, from Oklahoma about how he would conduct my wake if I died. There is a huge difference between dark humor, and being insensitive. If the humor is intended to say, "this is insane" which is what I was doing here, that is not the same as saying, " Hate anyone who disagrees with you."

I think it is fucking insane that we have a POTUS and the GOP treating Wall Street as more important than people not dying. I see DeSantis as Trump's Frank Burns. I see DeSantis as Trump's Colonel Klink.
(July 16, 2020 at 6:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 6:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just awful.

Boru

Boru, have you ever watched the SITCOMS [sic] M.A.S.H. [sic] or Hogan's Heros [sic]?  

Both of those shows employed dark humor. I don't find this virus funny at all. I have friends I worry about every damned day. I worry about getting a call that they got it. They worry about me getting it. But none of them would object to my humor of criticizing bad policy that got us here.

I've even often joked with my best friend John, from Oklahoma about how he would conduct my wake if I died. There is a huge difference between dark humor, and being insensitive. If the humor is intended to say, "this is insane" which is what I was doing here, that is not the same as saying, " Hate anyone who disagrees with you."

I think it is fucking insane that we have a POTUS and the GOP treating Wall Street as more important than people not dying. I see DeSantis as Trump's Frank Burns. I see DeSantis as Trump's Colonel Klink.

I didn't mean you were being insensitive, I meant your attempted song parody was just awful. Most of them are - you keep jamming in extra syllables (or leaving them out) which fucks up the scansion.

It wasn't your intent that was awful, it was the way you presented it.

Big M*A*S*H fan, but I wouldn't watch 'Hogan's Heroes' if you put a gun to my head.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hogan's Heroes is the personification of cringe itself.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts
(July 16, 2020 at 7:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 6:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Boru, have you ever watched the SITCOMS [sic] M.A.S.H. [sic] or Hogan's Heros [sic]?  

I didn't mean you were being insensitive, I meant your attempted song parody was just awful. Most of them are - you keep jamming in extra syllables (or leaving them out) which fucks up the scansion.

Big M*A*S*H fan, but I wouldn't watch 'Hogan's Heroes' if you put a gun to my head.

Boru

What about a hammer? :-)

(July 17, 2020 at 7:10 am)Little lunch Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 7:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I didn't mean you were being insensitive, I meant your attempted song parody was just awful. Most of them are - you keep jamming in extra syllables (or leaving them out) which fucks up the scansion.

Boru

It would require something more like this:

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hogan's Heroes is fine if you're a young kid. As an adult it's just crap.

M*A*S*H I haven't seen in years so it's time I rewatched it.
Dying to live, living to die.
Mash is like StarTrek. One was in space and one in war. Both can be watch casually or cerebrally.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 17, 2020 at 7:10 am)Little lunch Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 7:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I didn't mean you were being insensitive, I meant your attempted song parody was just awful. Most of them are - you keep jamming in extra syllables (or leaving them out) which fucks up the scansion.

Boru

Boru, before you go assuming. THE FOLLOWING IS IN JEST......... 

LL mentioned hammers, and I couldn't resist I love this 80s short lived sitcom. And you know in any case, you can't take me seriously, I ran over my lawn mower cover. 

(July 17, 2020 at 9:46 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 17, 2020 at 7:10 am)Little lunch Wrote: What about a hammer? :-)

Boru, before you go assuming. THE FOLLOWING IS IN JEST......... 

LL mentioned hammers, and I couldn't resist I love this 80s short lived sitcom. And you know in any case, you can't take me seriously, I ran over my lawn mower cover. 

Thanks for your never-ending efforts to tell people what you like, even when no one asked.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No joke -- I have decided to convert to Christianity! Jehanne 10 2358 April 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A sacred joke. Mystic 15 2830 January 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1511 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Has To Be A Joke Here, Somewhere! Minimalist 3 2394 October 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Joke Minimalist 59 17201 June 27, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A little joke Sup 11 4349 April 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolution (is a) joke JesusLover1 12 9055 March 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Preacher joke 02 Drich 2 1911 February 12, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Preacher joke 01 Drich 8 4535 January 20, 2014 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Drich
  Make Up An Atheist Joke freedomfromforum 5 2900 October 6, 2013 at 12:30 am