Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 1:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
If your interaction here is indicative of the work that god has done on you.....then god is a shoddy craftsman, imo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 21, 2015 at 10:00 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 2:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: How the fuck did that simple message mutate into 40,000 schisms ??

You HAVE to be wrong.  And being wrong about Salvation sucks.

Your just begging for a red hot 1957 Cadillac (big tail finned mother fucker) to get shoved up your rectum by Satan Himself for guessing wrong.

Sin create schisms and God is smarter than all of us so he can save us despite our in ablity to obey. All we have to do is repent and accept his death and ressurection on the cross for our salvation. Then we enter into a relationship with Him.

For that, I'd need some solid evidence beyond an old book that it isn't a load of made-up bollocks. So far, nothing has been forthcoming.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 21, 2015 at 1:24 am)Luckie Wrote: Here's my signature, btw. This is the god you follow. Old Testament and New Testament are one and the same god. How loving, yes? And I do believe you missed my point on my other post. You offered me prayers.
Let me rephrase it. Just to be clear. For god so loved the world, he gave his one and only son up to die as a blood sacrifice for mans sins. That's your belief. What I'm saying is that Adam and Eve never sinned to begin with, if god gave them free will then it's his fault they used it and enabled them to disobey him by setting them up for failure in the first place. As they always say, curiousity killed the cat. God made the cat curious therefore god killed the cat.
Do you truly believe it then to be justice, for all of mankind to inherit a made up punishment? And what of the retribution? Why must there be blood sacrifice in the first place? If god is not bound by any rules but his own, why would he demand the blood of his beloved son when all he needed to do was forgive the imperfect beings he created, in the first place? Makes no sense. None. Add biblical inaccuracies (there wasn't even a city much less a town of Nazareth when Jesus was born!), historical refutation to Jesus' origins, and research into the writers of the books of the biblical texts themselves (along with varying degrees of mistranslations that happened to suit the current social and economic status)--and you'll see a clear history of an ever evolving text used to manipulate and control the masses, whilst making billions of dollars in profit. Did you know Mother Theresa enjoyed watching the suffering of those in her power to help? Imstead she send all the money raised to help the poor and siphoned it straight to the Vatican. At the very best, she was mentally ill and at the very worst? A Monster. Additionally, did you know Hitler was a Catholic? His ultimate goal included purging the Catholic Church of those who would defy him? He truly believed he was doing gods work! Speeches, lots of them. Google it. It's true, all of this is verifiable and has been posted on these very forums with historical references, and unbiased sources. Open your eyes, woman.

Jesus Wrote:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.  I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place."  (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."  (Luke 16:17 NAB)

Luke 12:51-52
51 "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division." 52 "For from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three"

Matthew 10:34-35
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." 35 "For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

Additionally I retread your post and I'm wondering.. If it weren't for god are you saying you would divorce your husband? Why do you care what others think about you divorcing your husband if not for religious reasons? I ask because my mom spent 20yrs of her life being despicably treated, degraded , and humiliated by my father as he waved the bible in her face and told her she would go to hell if she left him.
Are you indeed in the same trap she fell into?

I would have divorced my husband for stupid reasons that is why I said it. I have a very good husband. Thank you for your concern.

God didn't make anyone sin He gave them a choice to obey and they chose death, since the wages of sin is death. Sin is like a disease and Jesus is the remedy. No one forced Adam and Eve to sin. We all make choices and we will be held accountable for our choices. Also all of our choice affect other around us, which include our children. Sin is a very serious thing and not only affect people but our world. If you come to realize that you are a sinner and you repent of your sins and allow God to pay the price for you then you will benefit from that choice. God will adopt you and you will receive eternal life. 

If you would look in John 3 it speaks of men loving darkness. so if someone in their household chooses to follow the light of the world (Jesus) then they will become their enemy. It is not that as a follower of Christ I seeks out enemies it is that their life and testimony will not make other happy because it will makes others aware of their sin. Those who hold onto their sin become enemies of God but while we were God's enemies He died for us. That is why it says love your enemies as yourself and pray for those who persecute you. So I am sorry that You father did not display what it means to be a man and a father and tried to hide behind the bible to prove his point. He was wrong but that doesn't make God wrong.
Surprised that I have to be the one to break this to you...but you're going to die regardless of whether or not you choose to obey. Death isn't affected by fealty.

Now, personally, I don't think that a concept of "sin" that -doesn't- include stringing up the better man for ones own misdeeds is workable. If there is sin...christianity is sinful.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 21, 2015 at 9:14 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: What makes you think it's a "Him"?

He is a Father and a son even though he is a spirit. So He refers to Himself that way.

All you're doing is telling me what you claim to know. You still aren't telling me how you know it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 21, 2015 at 9:32 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
(September 20, 2015 at 2:22 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Nope. Sorry. You've clearly just been indoctrinated into believing and repeating the same garbage, no matter what anyone says to you or shows you. If only your mind hadn't been forced shut and locked tight at such a young age, you might be able to see and experience reality as it truly is. The only thing that can save you from your ignorance is to open your mind and accept reality as your personal lord and savior, so you can begin a personal relationship with reality and start mending your poor, tortured, broken mind. You need reality to save you from your ignorance, and that's the truth no matter how you feel about it.

Also, you're talking to an apostate preacher's kid. Your christian mind tricks won't work on me. Anything you could possibly tell me about the Gospel is something I've already told at least 100 other people myself. Simply repeating your Chick-Tract spiel is useless and just makes it more clear that you've been indoctrinated into repeating scripted drivel instead of critically thinking and formulating answers. I'm not mad or angry that you won't accept reality. I'm just here to testify about the truth.

My mother's stepfather was a preacher. He was an angry man. (not saying that your father is) She felt like Christianity was bondage too. After she got out of her mother's house she didn't regularly attend church until I was in junior High. She now has a real relationship with God and does not feel bound like she did when she was under that man's rule.  My pastor also was a preacher's kid. In college he would talk people out of their faith in Christ. Then He met Jesus while he was in college and has lead our church for more than 20 years. It is not religion that keeps me in this faith it is a relationship with God. Through Jesus sacrifice on the cross for my sins and the grace of the Holy Spirit that keeps me in this relationship.

We need an emoji of a smiley setting a straw man on fire.

My lack of belief has nothing to do with my father. He's a good man and he did his best to raise me to be a moral man and a critical thinker. Ironically enough, I'm of the opinion that he more or less succeeded on that front. My atheism has nothing to do with familial rebellion. I'm too old for that petty teenage shit.

At what point did I say I felt like Christianity was a bondage on my life? I probably do think that in retrospect, but at the time I was happily and wholly devoted to worship, ministry, and study. Most of my doubts were restricted to young childhood and very recent years; throughout my teens and early twenties I was intensely devout, passionate, and sincere in my belief. I regularly engaged in prayer ministry, mission work, "spiritual warfare," the whole nine yards. For many years there was no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Gaud was real, that I was going to heaven when I died, and that I was doing good work in the name of my home-boy Jay-Zeesus, with whom I regularly spoke both through scripture and through personal revelation. I was practically bathing in Kool-Aid.

I, like you, was indoctrinated. The influence of christianity in my life had left me disappointed, depressed, and fearing for my mortal soul. Then, my critical thinking led me to embrace Reality, and once I began my personal relationship with Reality, I was truly reborn. Now, I lead a happier, much more fulfilled life. I'm less depressed, less anxious...it's like I'm a whole new person. Reality did that for me...it saved me from my ignorance, and it can save you, too. Will you accept Reality as your personal Lord and Savior, Rekeisha? Will you do it right now? Will you forsake your idols and become a disciple of the Truth?

I would pray for you, but I think I'm actually following God on Twitter, so I'll probably just hit him up there and ask him to reveal his fictional nature to you so you can begin your relationship with Reality and start undoing all the damage that religious indoctrination has done to your critical thinking skills. If he responds to me I'll screen-cap it so you can see what he says.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(September 21, 2015 at 9:14 am)Rekeisha Wrote: He is a Father and a son even though he is a spirit. So He refers to Himself that way.

That's a pile of shit inspired by mental acrobatics. There's actually nobody able to explain why Jesus' supposed sacrifice should have any meaning given the above. God the father, god the son and god the holy spirit. What's left is god, who can't die by definition.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
So you're all the way 'in' now ??

Prayer closet, menstrual hut, don't tolerate women preaching to men, burned all your mixed fabric clothes, don't plant 2 kinds of flowers in the same flower bed, the whole (kosher) enchilada ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 21, 2015 at 10:49 am)Iroscato Wrote:
(September 21, 2015 at 10:00 am)Rekeisha Wrote: Sin create schisms and God is smarter than all of us so he can save us despite our in ablity to obey. All we have to do is repent and accept his death and ressurection on the cross for our salvation. Then we enter into a relationship with Him.

For that, I'd need some solid evidence beyond an old book that it isn't a load of made-up bollocks. So far, nothing has been forthcoming.

It isn't made up and you do have more than than the bible. Just look around you people are not good so the question is why.
(September 22, 2015 at 2:06 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: It isn't made up and you do have more than than the bible.

Two more claims, each of which require justification.

Quote: Just look around you people are not good so the question is why.
Good according to whom, and how can you characterize 'people' as a whole?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1364 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1070 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15284 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3509 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5401 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5841 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5323 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3814 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18057 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7095 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy