Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 4:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Booooooooooo, I was kay with not seeing them tatas again (too expensive)..but I expected some full frontal Jon or something?

They even rushed the wall scene. It's not like they didn't film more shit. Sadface.

They better come out with some hardcore awesome programming between now and next Throns, I barely made it the last year, the urge to cancel was strong.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Rushed is what you get when the gist of what happens is all a director/producer knows.  Still lots of redemption and that's all fun.  The Starks came together to put down a puppet master.  Even Bran chipped in with the best kind of eye witness evidence you can get .. the three eyed kind.  

But what the hell did the ice dragon knock the wall down with, bad breath?  Presumably it wasn't fire.  If it were ice you'd think the wall would just become thicker.  Dafuq happened there?  Not good.
..Why couldn't the undead dragon resurrected by zombie magic and controlled by the uber-necromancer breathe fire?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
That seems to be what that blue stuff was supposed to be according to the analysis videos I'm seeing on youtube this morning. I was kind of expecting it to breath ice and when it came out blue that's what I thought it was. Okay then, blue fire. Whatever. It was time for the zombies to head south. Mission accomplished.
(August 24, 2017 at 4:13 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 23, 2017 at 7:43 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: The problem isn't just in the weight, it's also in the biomechanics of how the wing muscles could get that weight into the air and keep it up there through flapping, since the dragons aren't gliders.

Yes they are gliders!
Look here at the start of the clip, a dragon gliding:
[Image: giphy-26.gif]

That gif clearly and obviously shows that the dragons must flap their wings in order to stay in the air.  What I was talking about was that they're not gliders in the way that condors, vultures, hawks and eagles glide and soar by using air currents in the atmosphere to stay aloft with the bare minimum of flapping their wings.

(August 25, 2017 at 1:21 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Boo that would be a sucky ending.

Yes it would, but it's also a "why doesn't he just...?" kind of ending.  If Bran can warg into the Night King... why doesn't he just... you know?

The only logical conclusion, then, is that that's something he can't do, at least right now.

Although... Bran said this episode he can see the past and the present, but I thought that other seer kid - the Love Actually one - said he could see the future too?

(August 27, 2017 at 11:09 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Booooooooooo, I was kay with not seeing them tatas again (too expensive)..but I expected some full frontal Jon or something?

I saw some tatas.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Are you sure you were looking in the right spot? Tongue

I agree that we needed some frontal on Jon, though.  I demand nudity equality! If we get tatas we also should get weewees!

(August 28, 2017 at 9:02 am)Whateverist Wrote: Rushed is what you get when the gist of what happens is all a director/producer knows.  Still lots of redemption and that's all fun.  The Starks came together to put down a puppet master.  Even Bran chipped in with the best kind of eye witness evidence you can get .. the three eyed kind.

That was the kind of sneaky behind the scenes shit I don't like, but after a few days of sulking I'm okay with.  The problem I had with that storyline as it was playing out was that it made Sansa and Arya look like they were strangers to each other.  Sansa should know that Arya never wanted to be the Lady of Winterfell and Arya should know that Sansa's hand was being forced when she wrote that letter to Rob.

Luckily it worked out and I'm happy that sith lord finally got his comeuppance from his padawan - and that his padawan chose the light side of the force in the end.

Side story:
I just bought seasons five and six on DVD and have been watching the season five commentaries (which is a big factor in why I buy them) and in the episode commentated by Maisie Williams she makes the comment that watching Arya and Sansa's storylines is interesting because neither would be able to survive if their circumstances had been switched: if Arya had remained in King's Landing and Sansa had escaped.  Ayra was too defiant to last long with the Lannisters but Sansa could keep her head down and learn to play the game.  Sansa is too (for lack of a better word) soft to have survived Arya's adventure up the King's Road and would never have gone to Braavos.  And I noticed that that sentiment was shared by them when they were standing on the parapets.

Quote:But what the hell did the ice dragon knock the wall down with, bad breath?

ROFLOL

Quote:Presumably it wasn't fire.  If it were ice you'd think the wall would just become thicker.  Dafuq happened there?  Not good.

I, too, thought it definitely wasn't fire, that wouldn't make sense for creatures from the north, but I did have the same question as you about why the ice wasn't just getting thicker if the dragon was breathing ice.

My conclusion:

It was magic destruction breath.

Or blue fire.

I guess we'll see when the ice-dragon breathes it onto something that would burn like a wooden house.

(August 28, 2017 at 9:21 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: ..Why couldn't the undead dragon resurrected by zombie magic and controlled by the uber-necromancer breathe fire?

Because that wouldn't make sense.

Tongue

Final thoughts:

I thought for a while that the conversation with Dany and Tyrion was setting up that Jon would be the line of succession because Dany can't have kids, but it was obvious that they were setting up the incestuous Auntie-Nephew thing (which, all things being considered, I'm actually totally for because they make a pretty attractive couple) so now I'm thinking that Jon has magic resurrection Targaryen sperm that's gonna knock Dany up OR it's revealed that Tyrion isn't really a Lannister and Tyrion is the Targaryen that continues the family line...  If they go with a dynastic family-inheritance type succession line and not a democratic vote-for-your-leader type one.

The "After the Episode" stuff was talking about the reveal about Jon setting up conflict in the future, but I think it'll be another Sansa vs Arya type thing where they'll make a big deal about Jon and Dany fighting to be ruler but it'll ultimately end up with Jon admitting that he doesn't want to rule and he'll cede power to Dany, even if they get married.

Cersei gonna die.

Honestly, though, she really is the master of her own destruction.  I was so happy when Jaime walked out on her.  The dude finally put the effort he was putting into growing back his sword hand into grow some balls and walked out on that bitch, good for him. All sympathy I had for her during her walk of shame is gone. That bitch gon die and I'm gon be happy.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Follow up question:

Did Euron really sail to Esteros to ferry Cersei's army West? Or did he, like he said at the meeting, sail back to the Iron Islands to wait out the Great War?

The Esteros plan would have to have been set up before the meeting and before they saw what Jon and Dany brought with them because he left FROM the meeting with no time to consult Cersei - unless they talked in the short time after the meeting and before Tyrion showed up.

I really hope he leaves Cersei hanging.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I'm betting that she planned to have him get the army the whole time. She was never going to negotiate. She was never going to call a truce. Cersei just wanted to see their cards. I'm not sure if they planned the theatrics of the Euron thing, but . . .

Anyone else thrown off by the Tyrion outside the door scene near the end there? He seemed bothered by Jon and Dany hooking up, but the character has no reason to be. It was weird and unlike him, unless I read the scene wrong and they just wanted to show that he noticed.
Yeah I took Tyrion's gloweriness outside the door as just him weighing implications.  I don't think he ever thought he had a chance with the mother of tatas and breaker of balls.  I suspect he will greatly approve of their union.  Didn't make a lot of sense but I didn't feel too certain it represented anger on Tyrion's part.

(August 28, 2017 at 11:38 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Follow up question:

Did Euron really sail to Esteros to ferry Cersei's army West?  Or did he, like he said at the meeting, sail back to the Iron Islands to wait out the Great War?

The Esteros plan would have to have been set up before the meeting and before they saw what Jon and Dany brought with them because he left FROM the meeting with no time to consult Cersei - unless they talked in the short time after the meeting and before Tyrion showed up.

My best guess is one of them, Euron or Cersei will betray the other before dying too.  Surely Cersei will be the one to bust Euron's balls, unless the producers and Martin are very generous and let Theon do it some how.  Not likely though.  Could be that Jamie will get his opportunity to do Cersei in in the end.  Hope to see him ally with Brienne too, maybe a threesome with her wildling stalker?
(August 28, 2017 at 11:47 am)Shell B Wrote: I'm betting that she planned to have him get the army the whole time. She was never going to negotiate. She was never going to call a truce. Cersei just wanted to see their cards. I'm not sure if they planned the theatrics of the Euron thing, but . . .

I agree that she probably planned for Euron to get the army the whole time, but the question is: When Euron left, did he really go back to the Iron Island like he said because he'd actually seen the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen... or was that just his excuse to make and exit and sail away to get Cersei's army?

Quote:Anyone else thrown off by the Tyrion outside the door scene near the end there? He seemed bothered by Jon and Dany hooking up, but the character has no reason to be. It was weird and unlike him, unless I read the scene wrong and they just wanted to show that he noticed.

That was weird.  My initial read on the scene was that Tyrion was jealous but that didn't really track with his character.  I suppose in the end I can only conclude, like Whatevs, that he's weighing implications.

(August 28, 2017 at 12:06 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(August 28, 2017 at 11:38 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Follow up question:

Did Euron really sail to Esteros to ferry Cersei's army West?  Or did he, like he said at the meeting, sail back to the Iron Islands to wait out the Great War?

My best guess is one of them, Euron or Cersei will betray the other before dying too.  Surely Cersei will be the one to bust Euron's balls, unless the producers and Martin are very generous and let Theon do it some how.  Not likely though.  Could be that Jamie will get his opportunity to do Cersei in in the end.  Hope to see him ally with Brienne too, maybe a threesome with her wildling stalker?

Perhaps the rescue of Yara will be the thing that tells us whether Euron really did return to the Iron Islands?  If he's there, he didn't sail East; if he's not then maybe he really did go get Cersei's army?

And I think it's a given that one of them will betray the other.  And I tend to agree that Cersei will be the betrayer because that's what she does. Because she's a idiot. And the author of her own destruction.

I will also say, though, that with how time is dealt with on this show and how fast people travel, I'm surprised Cersei isn't like 6 months preggers by now or something.
Was this George RR Martin's plan all along? Getting us to cheer for an aunt and nephew bangin'?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 359 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2630 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2942 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6254 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1941 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3761 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 941 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5074 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hey Ho's, anyone else watching Survivor this season: GenX'ers vs Millennials Whateverist 3 1326 December 2, 2016 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Aegon