Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Catholics
RE: Damned Catholics
(September 29, 2015 at 9:42 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 29, 2015 at 9:19 am)Cato Wrote: You need to take your own advice. If you're confused about what I'm referring to, please consult your words in pink above.

Intellectuals are losers by nature.
They wrongly think that with their intellect they can solve problems but as one problem is soved another one pop up in a never end show.
In this way they get nowhere.
Love on the other hand get you at the goal of life but you wouldn't have a clue where the goal of life is.  Smile

Nice solution. You evaded accountability to your own evidence based reasoning mandate by spewing more unsubstantiated bullshit.
Pope Frankie trots out the No True Catholic argument.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/pope-fra...-equality/

Quote:Pope Francis calls Rome’s mayor ‘pretend Catholic’ for supporting marriage equality

You'd better take what you can get, your assholiness.  Pretend catholics may still drop a couple of lire in your filthy coffers but ex-catholics won't.
So pope Fuckface met with fellow homo-hater Kim Davis.  Did she kiss his ring or his ass?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/vatican-...kim-davis/

Quote:Pope Francis met a Kentucky county clerk last week who was jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, the Vatican said on Wednesday, confirming earlier reports from the United States.

Fucks of a feather flock together.
I wonder which husband the pope considers her to actually be married to, and which 3 husbands are satyrs ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 30, 2015 at 11:15 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder which husband the pope considers her to actually be married to, and which 3 husbands are satyrs ??

Actually - 2 of her 4 marriages were to the same guy, so I guess that's the "legitimate" husband, since "double marriage" must surely be more "sanctified" than regular marriage. "Until death do us part...", but with a break in the middle...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Still, her serial polygamy, with recursion, and OOW insemination of offspring clouds the issue.

(I think a pun slipped in there unbidden, 'tis a pity perhaps)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 30, 2015 at 11:15 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder which husband the pope considers her to actually be married to, and which 3 husbands are satyrs ??

You know, it's funny. The other day I was driving up into Northern Michigan for a weekend trip with my wife, and up there the roads are littered with signs about Jesus, his love and how he's going to come back and kill us all. As we were coming back, I saw a sign that was stuck just below a billboard that was just the bible verse from Mark about how divorcing and remarrying is adultery, and I thought to myself, "That's what vorlon is always saying!"

So, take heart. There are some True Christians™ out there.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

As has already been pointed out, it is 4 marriages to 3 different men (one she married twice).  But my guess is that the pope does not recognize any of them as her husband, as I doubt any of them were performed in a Catholic service.  So none of them would be real Catholic marriages.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(September 29, 2015 at 7:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Pope Frankie trots out the No True Catholic argument.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/pope-fra...-equality/

Quote:Pope Francis calls Rome’s mayor ‘pretend Catholic’ for supporting marriage equality

You'd better take what you can get, your assholiness.  Pretend catholics may still drop a couple of lire in your filthy coffers but ex-catholics won't.

I guess the pope is a pretend catholic as well, because he wants to be inclusive and have gays come to his church. Why?

Money! Throw your morals out the window for money! It's funny how much the pope despises greedy capitalism. Catholics are probably too blind (stupid..maybe) to see any hypocrisy there.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(September 30, 2015 at 11:37 am)Faith No More Wrote:

You know, it's funny.  The other day I was driving up into Northern Michigan for a weekend trip with my wife, and up there the roads are littered with signs about Jesus, his love and how he's going to come back and kill us all.  As we were coming back, I saw a sign that was stuck just below a billboard that was just the bible verse from Mark about how divorcing and remarrying is adultery, and I thought to myself, "That's what vorlon is always saying!"

So, take heart.  There are some True Christians™ out there.

That's one of them I put up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59724 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 131388 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122419 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22817 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45140 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4178 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2506 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am