Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Catholics
RE: Damned Catholics
(August 25, 2018 at 8:53 pm)Wololo Wrote:
(August 19, 2018 at 11:29 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I'm not saying it will prevent all instances of molestation. Yes, Protestants molest too, but not nearly as much... which raises the question: Why? What's different about Protestants?

That's all I'm sayin'.

Not exactly true.  The reason the protestants don't seem to be molesting as much is because they haven't been found out, yet.  If you look at the CoE in recent years, the authorities have begun to unearth child abuse and child killing atrocities on the same lines and scales as was found out in the rcc starting twenty to thirty years ago.  They had their own mother and baby homes (where the good looking babies were sold off and the bad looking or cranky ones let die and thrown in a septic tank), their own magdalene launderies and their own mass rapists, but the authorities are only now beginning to pull back the veil of secrecy.

(August 25, 2018 at 1:33 pm)Fireball Wrote: Why? Because the offenders are the minions of a sovereign state? I hope that isn't what's holding people back.

You know the only thing keeping the polite fiction of the vatican being a "sovereign state" is a treaty made in 1929 with a dictator who, after being killed by being hung by his ankles and machine gunned to death, had every other treaty he signed annulled.

Maybe we should do the same with the Lateran treaty and put the church back under the heel of the Italian state.

Angry  OK, I studied mathematical physics, and not history, for a living. I think that the RCC should be under the heel of the rest of the world. Case in point, I used to live in Los Angeles. Cardinal Mahoney was accused and proven to have covered up many a priest's sexual abuse of the children in their "care". He's not allowed to celebrate mass. Boo-fucking-hoo. He ought to be in JAIL, as well as all those priests. The LAPD investigated it and didn't follow through on it. I have a friend who is retired from the LAPD. I'll ask him why, next time I see him. He's out of town for a couple more months, so it'll have to wait.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 25, 2018 at 11:20 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 25, 2018 at 8:53 pm)Wololo Wrote: Not exactly true.  The reason the protestants don't seem to be molesting as much is because they haven't been found out, yet.  If you look at the CoE in recent years, the authorities have begun to unearth child abuse and child killing atrocities on the same lines and scales as was found out in the rcc starting twenty to thirty years ago.  They had their own mother and baby homes (where the good looking babies were sold off and the bad looking or cranky ones let die and thrown in a septic tank), their own magdalene launderies and their own mass rapists, but the authorities are only now beginning to pull back the veil of secrecy.

You know the only thing keeping the polite fiction of the vatican being a "sovereign state" is a treaty made in 1929 with a dictator who, after being killed by being hung by his ankles and machine gunned to death, had every other treaty he signed annulled.

Maybe we should do the same with the Lateran treaty and put the church back under the heel of the Italian state.

Angry  OK, I studied mathematical physics, and not history, for a living. I think that the RCC should be under the heel of the rest of the world. Case in point, I used to live in Los Angeles. Cardinal Mahoney was accused and proven to have covered up many a priest's sexual abuse of the children in their "care". He's not allowed to celebrate mass. Boo-fucking-hoo. He ought to be in JAIL, as well as all those priests. The LAPD investigated it and didn't follow through on it. I have a friend who is retired from the LAPD. I'll ask him why, next time I see him. He's out of town for a couple more months, so it'll have to wait.

I know why stuff like this wasn't investigated in Ireland, not alone would it be a career ender but to even get a job sweeping streets you'd have to emigrate somewhere where the rcc didn't exist. The goverment of the day were told in 1943 that the rcc run mother and baby home in Bessborough Co Cork (the one where pregnant girls were sentnout tarring roads in labour);/ had a 68% mortality rate by the county's chief medical officer. The doctor's attempt to shut the place down and bring proceedings aggainst those responsible was quickly stopped and his career ruined by John Carles McQuaid having a quiet word in deV's ear.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 25, 2018 at 8:53 pm)Wololo Wrote: Maybe we should do the same with the Lateran treaty and put the church back under the heel of the Italian state.

"Back under the heel"? When was that? Did I sleep during history class? Lol

I agree though, the Concordat (a revision of the Lateran pact that was made in the 80s) gives the church way too much leeway. But of course the current government isn't going to do anything...
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Catholic church has records in their archives recording instances of child sexual abuse that are 1000 years older than Protestantism.

Curious however, despite the eagerness of Christians to be schismatic, I can't recall a single instance of a new denom, sect or congregation ever citing tolerance of child abusers in the church as a reason to leave. Hat brim width, order of service, wording of hymns, approved skirt lengths for their women folk are all worth bolting for the door and building a new edifice, but NOT harming children.

Wonder why that is ??????????
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 25, 2018 at 1:33 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 25, 2018 at 12:51 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: A local lawyer has requested that the Minnesota state governor initiate grand jury proceedings similar to those instigated in PA.  The governor's office is reviewing the matter to determine whether the governor's office has any authority in the matter.

Why? Because the offenders are the minions of a sovereign state? I hope that isn't what's holding people back.

I think it's more a question of whether the Governor has the authority to compel the AG to initiate such an action.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 25, 2018 at 5:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's just like police defenders.  "It's just a few" comes the cry.... ignoring the others who know and say nothing or lie to back up their cop buddies. 

They simply refuse to believe that the institution could be terminally corrupt!
Bold mine. 

Even one, is one too many. Catholics turn the other cheek, even when it's their own kids. Sick.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
But it isn't just one.  It was 300 in Pennsylvania alone.

"Oh, but jesus" comes the wailing.

Meanwhile, nice to see the Supreme Court smack these catholick bigots down for change.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/us-supr...ster-care/

Quote:US Supreme Court rebuffs Catholic agency over same-sex foster care

Quote:The U.S. Supreme Court declined on Thursday to force the city of Philadelphia to resume the placement of children in need of foster care with a Catholic agency that refuses to accept gay couples as foster parents.

Gay priests?  No problem.  Gay foster parents?  Can't have that.

And people wonder why I despise catholicks!
Using fire and sword and the immoral edicts in the Bible, over the centuries the Vatican has amassed a wealth of treasures worth trillions! They allow you to view some of their artifacts in a “VIP Tour” for the low, low price of $373.39!

[Image: ga74XxTq_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Protester yells "shame on you" as Cardinal Wuerl addresses priest sex abuse - oh, well, that's something, I guess.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Good start for Pope Fuckface....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/13/us/bi...ss&emc=rss

Quote:Pope Orders Investigation of West Virginia Bishop Over Sex Allegations

...but piss-poor follow through.

Quote:The pope has assigned the Archbishop of Baltimore, William E. Lori, to handle the investigation and to take temporary charge of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, the church’s only diocese in West Virginia. The diocese is a small one, with about 75,000 Catholics.

That's like when one police force calls in another one to "investigate" them.  Horseshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59997 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 132481 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122732 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22843 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45220 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4190 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2508 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am