Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Catholics
RE: Damned Catholics
Is this only an impression or is murdering and torturing people institutionalized in the catholic church?

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 22, 2020 at 9:18 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Is this only an impression or is murdering and torturing people institutionalized in the catholic church?

The Catholic Church continues to be the most morally and politically corrupt organization on the planet.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
[Image: Impregnate.jpg]

https://www.peacefmonline.com/pages/loca...422948.php

At least they didn't use contraception because that would be sinning.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
There are still far too many brainwashed Catholics who refuse to acknowledge that their church is thoroughly corrupt and continue to contribute money like so many compliant sheep.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
This 10-year-old rape survivor traveled more than 900 miles to access abortion care in Brazil — but she was met at the hospital by crowds of hostile protesters who, among other things, yelled "Killer" to the 10 year old girl.

Video

(August 19, 2020 at 1:10 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: This 10-year-old rape survivor traveled more than 900 miles to access abortion care in Brazil — but she was met at the hospital by crowds of hostile protesters who, among other things, yelled "Killer" to the 10 year old girl.

Video

These 'people" are scum.

Cops should have broken some heads and the individual who leaked the information should get a long jail sentence*

*Or drowned in acid.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 19, 2020 at 1:18 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(August 19, 2020 at 1:10 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: This 10-year-old rape survivor traveled more than 900 miles to access abortion care in Brazil — but she was met at the hospital by crowds of hostile protesters who, among other things, yelled "Killer" to the 10 year old girl.

Video

These 'people" are scum.

Cops should have broken some heads and the individual who leaked the information should get a long jail sentence*

*Or drowned in acid.

Legs first.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Wow, what these people concern themselves with

Quote:A priest discovered his baptism was invalid. Its ripple effects bring heartache and confusion to the entire church community

DETROIT (CNS) -- The Archdiocese of Detroit is seeking to contact anyone who may have received invalid sacraments after a priest of the archdiocese learned his own baptism as an infant 30 years ago was invalid.

On Aug. 6, the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued a note clarifying that baptisms using an improper formula -- namely, those using the phrase "We baptize you ..." instead of the church's ancient formula, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit," are not valid.

Father Matthew Hood, associate pastor of St. Lawrence Parish in Utica, contacted the Archdiocese of Detroit after discovering that his own baptism, captured on video in 1990, used improper wording.
Because the sacraments of confirmation and holy orders can only be conferred upon validly baptized Catholics, Father Hood was "devastated" to learn that not only was he not baptized or confirmed, but he also was not a validly ordained priest.

"There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn't a Christian, and I wasn't a priest and I wasn't a deacon," he told the Detroit Catholic, the online news outlet of the Archdiocese of Detroit.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics...nsequences
(August 26, 2020 at 9:00 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Wow, what these people concern themselves with

Quote:A priest discovered his baptism was invalid. Its ripple effects bring heartache and confusion to the entire church community

DETROIT (CNS) -- The Archdiocese of Detroit is seeking to contact anyone who may have received invalid sacraments after a priest of the archdiocese learned his own baptism as an infant 30 years ago was invalid.

On Aug. 6, the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued a note clarifying that baptisms using an improper formula -- namely, those using the phrase "We baptize you ..." instead of the church's ancient formula, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit," are not valid.

Father Matthew Hood, associate pastor of St. Lawrence Parish in Utica, contacted the Archdiocese of Detroit after discovering that his own baptism, captured on video in 1990, used improper wording.
Because the sacraments of confirmation and holy orders can only be conferred upon validly baptized Catholics, Father Hood was "devastated" to learn that not only was he not baptized or confirmed, but he also was not a validly ordained priest.

"There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn't a Christian, and I wasn't a priest and I wasn't a deacon," he told the Detroit Catholic, the online news outlet of the Archdiocese of Detroit.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics...nsequences

The distance covered by a false belief, when considering what that belief informs and directs your actions in the real world, says everything you need to know how well it represents the actual real world. I'm more surprised that this priest thinks it changes anything; by changing the utterances of a single word. What is not surprising to me, is the inefficacy of human notions imparted by Logos. The universe doesn't care - nor is it able to - what you think of it, that should inform your actions.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Sister Deirdre Byrne: "Biden-Harris are the most anti-life presidential ticket ever."

Video

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 519 59877 April 25, 2024 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 131419 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 835 122466 April 3, 2024 at 12:53 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 22819 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 45160 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4180 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2507 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am