Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does humanity deserve Corona?
RE: Does humanity deserve Corona?
(March 24, 2020 at 1:56 pm)Shell B Wrote: We don't ban people for being shitheads unless they break the rules. That's the way it is, and the way it will stay. We always have the choice to ignore, educate or castigate people with disgusting points of view. Silencing their stupid opinions won't change a damn thing. If he were recruiting people to do something bad or even promoting doing something, it'd be different. As it stands, he's just shouting to the Internet how much of an asshole he is. Big whoop.

The rules of this place are held dear to me, agreeing to them in the first place is the evidence I have for the authenticity of my view. I always insist on the freedom given for members in here being "important and precious" and maybe even "priceless",

Life is brutal. You can't delve in it, describing it without delving in its brutality, since this place is a place to discuss the different opinions about religions then it is claiming to provide a medium for showing the different opinions about life itself -because this is what religion is all about-.

You should never ever lose something like that -and I mean freedom- from your hands; because if you do, life will find a way. AF is one of the rarest places online that I would recommend for another Muslim, just like I would recommend to whichever religious or atheist person.

There is a reason why I'm here and not in an Islamic forum, just a thing to wonder about.
And you have my thanks for the great environment you set here.
A person who finds life to be brutal will inevitably have a brutal worldview. One in which others are brutalized by an intentional universe to suit the novel pathology of the holder.

Ever thought of keeping on the bright side bud? I get general angst....but it's making you uncommonly dickish. Any time our own suffering makes us wish that others suffer, it's time to lean out.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 24, 2020 at 2:44 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: A person who finds life to be brutal will inevitably have a brutal worldview.  One in which others are brutalized by an intentional universe to suit the novel pathology of the holder.  

Ever thought of keeping on the bright side bud?  I get general angst....but it's making you uncommonly dickish.  Any time our own suffering makes us wish that others suffer, it's time to lean out.

Could be an extreme case of misery loves company.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

@arewethereyet I never really understood why that's such a true statement. Do we think that sharing our misery with others somehow lessens our own? It's one of the many fundamental human behaviors I don't really get.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(March 23, 2020 at 8:52 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(March 22, 2020 at 12:30 am)Paleophyte Wrote: This is an impressive failure in morality, compassion, and even common sense.

Certainly there is suffering in the world. How will more suffering be an improvement?

Did you shed a tear for the Tibetan Buddhists slain by the Chinese? Do you weep for the Bahai or the Yazidi? Or do you only become indignant when it is your own that are harmed?

COVID-19 won't care whether you've been good or bad or which direction you pray. It will replicate in your lung tissue just as happily as mine. I don't think that either of us deserve that but you may be too much of a zealot to understand why I wouldn't wish you harm.

The mistake you made is that you considered "first world citizens" to be "third world citizens".
In other words: France and America are not Yemen or Syria.

How is that a mistake? Do you think that COVID-19 will be better in a Syrian refugee camp? The people that you claim to care about will be more thoroughly fucked than the first world countries will but here you are cheering on the virus. You don't seem to care about them so long as the people that you hate suffer.
(March 24, 2020 at 5:05 pm)Paleophyte Wrote:
(March 23, 2020 at 8:52 am)WinterHold Wrote: The mistake you made is that you considered "first world citizens" to be "third world citizens".
In other words: France and America are not Yemen or Syria.

How is that a mistake? Do you think that COVID-19 will be better in a Syrian refugee camp? The people that you claim to care about will be more thoroughly fucked than the first world countries will but here you are cheering on the virus. You don't seem to care about them so long as the people that you hate suffer.

I care about this rotten economical system that resulted from imperialism to change or better: get replaced.

These Syrian refugees were already living in terrible conditions under the maniac Assad; that's why they revolted in the first place; and got betrayed by the first world countries when they wanted to live a normal human life.

The poor that many "claim" to care about are poor because of this imperialistic economic system that gave them hell just for being of a race different than the races that won in the imperialistic World Wars.

And as I see, most of the world don't even care about them, but use them as cheap labor to make new toys like the iphone, or use them in "debates" like this one.

Does the world deserve this virus or not? it is damaging to all; but some of us are already damaged even before it; and their damage was harnessed so others live in luxury. How cold and evil.
(March 24, 2020 at 5:25 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(March 24, 2020 at 5:05 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: How is that a mistake? Do you think that COVID-19 will be better in a Syrian refugee camp? The people that you claim to care about will be more thoroughly fucked than the first world countries will but here you are cheering on the virus. You don't seem to care about them so long as the people that you hate suffer.

I care about this rotten economical system that resulted from imperialism to change or better: get replaced.

These Syrian refugees were already living in terrible conditions under the maniac Assad; that's why they revolted in the first place; and got betrayed by the first world countries when they wanted to live a normal human life.

The poor that many "claim" to care about are poor because of this imperialistic economic system that gave them hell just for being of a race different than the races that won in the imperialistic World Wars.

And as I see, most of the world don't even care about them, but use them as cheap labor to make new toys like the iphone, or use them in "debates" like this one.

Does the world deserve this virus or not? it is damaging to all; but some of us are already damaged even before it; and their damage was harnessed so others live in luxury. How cold and evil.

You are an absolute train wreck of a human being.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 24, 2020 at 5:25 pm)WinterHold Wrote: I care about this rotten economical system that resulted from imperialism to change or better: get replaced.

So you don't understand economics, but then neither did your prophet/deity or the Xtian's deity. (However the Xtians eventually learnt to ignore the idiotic financial restrictions in their scriptures) It is your scriptures that shackle the financial capabilities of the muslims, not anything to do with skin colour or 'imperialism'. That's why Europe's financial institutions became dominated by Jews and Indian financial institutions are dominated by Hindus.
But doubtless you'll continue to shout at the sky about the inequality the Qu'ran has imposed on you and will continue to do so until one of you grows enough of a spine to say the Qu'ran was written by a moron.
It doubtless never even crossed your mind that the financial system was invented in Lydia, in what is now Turkey.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(March 24, 2020 at 5:25 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(March 24, 2020 at 5:05 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: How is that a mistake? Do you think that COVID-19 will be better in a Syrian refugee camp? The people that you claim to care about will be more thoroughly fucked than the first world countries will but here you are cheering on the virus. You don't seem to care about them so long as the people that you hate suffer.

So you care about your ideology more than suffering. Guess what that gets you.
(March 24, 2020 at 7:00 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: (However the Xtians eventually learnt to ignore the idiotic financial restrictions in their scriptures)

They were right to ignore biblical admonitions about wealth if the goal was to end up with a world like the one we have. I'm not convinced that our world is the best of all possible worlds, however. There is a lot to be said for valuing things (like generosity and kindness) that aren't measured with money. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Quote:It is your scriptures that shackle the financial capabilities of the muslims, not anything to do with skin colour or 'imperialism'. 

Do you think that the policies of Britain and the US in the last 200 years or so have served to help Muslim countries? Is the poverty of the poor countries due primarily to their religions?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Sai Baba deserve Nobel more than Mother Teresa? Fake Messiah 1 372 February 26, 2020 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did humanity just cross that line? WinterHold 33 8678 July 8, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11724 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Would atheists be disappointed if humanity was seeded? repentsinners 15 3556 November 25, 2013 at 6:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Humanity's Punishment: If it was a court case. bladevalant546 68 23073 September 4, 2013 at 3:33 am
Last Post: catfish
  Salvation Army: Gay parents deserve to be put to death Ryantology 56 14827 June 14, 2013 at 2:27 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  What does God deserve? Pel 126 42616 August 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist