Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
RE: Prayer ... SERIOUSLY?!
Statler is absolutely right..christians don't hate homosexuals...the christian god hates homosexuals..subtle difference

also.....

http://wickershamsconscience.wordpress.c...to-trolls/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: No I literally meant it is not a word in the Webster's dictionary I am holding in my hands.
So? It also says adultery is a sin, is the Bible cheaterphobic? Murder is a sin, is the Bible homicidalphobic? It says that bestiality and incest are sins, is the Bible animalphobic and relativephobic? It's a ridiculous argument to try and make Horseman.

The difference here is that the other sins you have listed are not natural reactions to our biology. We can't help our sexuality anymore than we can help what foods we like. So the bible condemning homosexuality is like condemning me for not liking beans. I just can't help it though. While the bible may only be calling homosexuality a sin equal to all other sins, many Christians use that one tiny verse to justify their hate of those they don't understand.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The sins are overrated. Half the commandments could get shaken off the Great Etch-A-Sketch, and we'd be no worse for the wear.
Trying to update my sig ...
again...a sin equal to all other sins equates homosexuality with murder...hardly a position that's easy to accept.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So what happens when the rabid relig-os kill homosexuals? Is that a double negative, or ...
(July 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: I assume you were being ironic when you posted this on a forum dedicated to people who all think exactly like you do, right? :-)

I assume you realize that if this site were "dedicated' to atheists, you would not be here. He called you a sheep and then you -- a Christian -- essentially replied with, "You hang out in a forum with people who all think like you do." All along you were talking to an atheist and responding in said forum.

when you murder a homosexual he's found alive and perfectly hetero the next morning...of course. Standard with any double negative.

So, Jesus was a homo?
Jesus is whatever the writers who created him wanted him to be....just like Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter.
Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals, Does the bible suggest fear of them or distaste? Only if the former is true does the Bible promote homophobia and I'm fairly sure they aren't treated as something to be fearful of - Their being used as a tool to scare people, generating a fear of gays, has emerged in society at a later time.

I gota say Statler is right on this one.

(July 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Incest doesn't hurt anyone either and yet we both agree it is wrong, I feel it is wrong for the same reasons homosexuality is.

Neither of them are any of your damn business though, so if you want to tell consenting adults what they can and cannot do based on your values you're little more than an authoritarian shit-head. People might do shit that gives me the creeps, like kissing another guy, but that doesn't mean I have any legitimate authority to force my values onto their lives to control their actions and privileges.

(July 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: You don't write dictionaries statler and you sure don't choose what goes in it. It says it's a sin. That makes it homophobic.

Look up the definition for a second, see the associations with fear? Good. Now explain to me in what aspect is the Biblical or Christian attitude specifically promotes fear of gays?

If you want to call them bigoted assholes that's fine, but using the term homophobe is a bit daft.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5766 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7839 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10776 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1057 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7965 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5804 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6157 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64053 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 17015 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3468 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3