Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think?
#28
RE: Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think?
Vaguery and minutiae aside, morals don't appear to be the sort of thing that needs to be taught.  At best (and at worst), governments, religion, parents et al reenforce in that category, they don't impose or teach.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think? - by The Grand Nudger - December 26, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7236 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32420 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17457 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 6993 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Star A positive identity for atheists - Crusading Faithful Atheism Duty 95 26323 February 27, 2022 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Duty
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2695 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 36462 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 13049 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 8997 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 10166 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)