Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
(July 10, 2018 at 2:53 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: It's worth noting that Genesis 2 has man being created outside the Garden of Eden, so there's no need to separate the two narratives.

you jorged you self again!

"man was shown to be created outside of the garden, so bla bla bla..."

You intentional grounding of the facts has made you look like you have a major lack of understanding in the basic fundamentals of a subject matter. 

Yes God made the first man/Adam outside the garden but verse 15 after the garden was complete he placed Adam in the garden to take care of it. so again back to two split narratives. one had day 3.5 man/adam and day 6 man as two separate points in creation. 

Why do you do this? you can't be this stupid, you have to had read verse 15, you read everything. I can only assume that you think I never read verse 15 or didn't understand it... (again this is one of those God given/God inspired teaching i get, you the pope nor any rabbi will ever EVER break one of these teachings) With the Nazi thing I get, as you have no idea how much I've studied that era and nazi propaganda as it relates to the church. but here? why here? you troll so much I don't know when you seriously don't know or if you just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. if the later what a dishonest thing to do. do you not care about your intellectual character at all? it is ok to be dishonest with christians in your world? WTF?

Quote:As to the length of Adam's life, your whole invention rests upon a presumed literality of the narrative and God's claim.  Turning around and then insisting on a non-literal interpretation of Adam's supposed death is simply being inconsistent, and amounts to yet one more ad hoc hypothesis.  Generally speaking, the more of those you have to make, the worse it is for your theory.  

here you go again? trolling not trolling???
As with Kemmie simple explanation:

Adam's life with God in the garden is the same as our life is to be after our death. Now his/adam's life after death is our hell or life now. Death being the common denominator... Do you get it? his life starts in heaven/paradise/garden of eden with God. Dies comes to Earth/Satan's dominion works his a-off. This world being the closest thing satan will have to a kingdom.. 

most douches think Hell is Satan's kingdom, no this world is. So Adam dies goes to a satan run world for his sin. We are born slaves to sin in this world, die and goto Heaven... Adam lived a backwards life. that is why God created man both in and out of the garden. 

So Adam lived 930 years in this Hell. He did not live 930 years in Hell and with God He lived with God for an undisclosed amount of time. DIED as God and He Himself said He would and was punished in this realm for 930 years.

Quote:As to the exit point, nothing in Genesis fixes the time when Adam and Eve left the garden, so the events detailed after Genesis 2:5 could all have occurred on the sixth day, as stated in Genesis 1.  You need an end point to your timeline.  (In addition to other assumptions, such as completeness, genre, and so on.)
Again,  I don't understand what you really understand or not. I see an end pint clear as day... I've mentioned it a dozen times to you so I can't understand why you keep bring this up.

THE END POINT WAS THE FALL when was the fall 6000 years ago.

Now was 6000 years ago day 8 idk could be what does the rest of the evidence say? what does science say? The bible is silent on the length of time so does science have anything to say.. oh that's right science says 100 billion years from the end of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3.

How do you not get that? it's not one narrative it is both. to start you can take genesis 1 and 2 at 100% face value. then for your end point look to the bible and it is open ended till 6000 years or so ago. then look at the scientific narrative it demand 100 billion years... so then ask is there anything in the biblical narritive that will prevent this 100 billion years? Got immortal life in the garden and a heaven may care what happens outside the garden (meaning anything can happen any amount of time can pass as nothing more outside of chapter one is recorded.) so 100 billion years and evolution or a 100 billion years and devlution.. or 50 billion and fill in the blank up to 6000 years ago where the bible demand an end to the garden narrative. 

Tell me you get this..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there? - by Drich - July 10, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10790 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 22336 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5707 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 72408 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32651 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3841 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 5119 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19090 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3334 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1999 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue