Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
(July 17, 2018 at 2:11 am)Haipule Wrote:
(July 16, 2018 at 1:19 am)Godscreated Wrote: The problem with you and FM is that you cherry pick what you want instead of trying to understand what the Bible is really saying. God promises to create another heaven and earth after the sin struck one is destroyed.

GC
Really Dude? Where in the Hebrew and Greek did God ever "create" anything? All the original verbs have to do with making(John 1), forming(asah: Adam), building(banah: Eve)! And God did NOT create from ex nilio! Because there is no such thing as "nothing". Just ask Nicola Tesla!

Both Peter and Paul, on the same subject, are explaining to you that heaven(ouranos sky: up) and land(gE: down), authority structures, will all fall like dominos. Therefore, Peter asks us all, "what manner of man should we be?"

Why in hell would he ask that if there is going to be a "new" heaven and a "new" earth? ouranos sky, heaven: up authority. It is NOT all God in "Heaven":

“From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven ]suffers violence, and violent men ]take it by force. Matthew 11:12 NASB.

The Greek word basileia, translated "kingdom", means rulership and not realm; it means dominion not domain; it means king not kingdom.

Dude! It's just up and down! Am I making this too difficult for you?

(July 16, 2018 at 3:28 pm)JairCrawford Wrote: You can argue that point with much of the Old Testament. I even did so in my amateur attempt to translate Genesis 1-11.

"The breath-wind of Elohim fluttered [softly] upon the waters of [chaos,] the deep [abyss]."

But when you get to the New Testament, translating every instance of the word spirit into breath-wind makes absolutely no sense.

"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Breath-Wind is not forgiven and guilty of an eternal sin."

See what I mean? What even pre-Aristotle influenced Jewish belief would such a statement represent? I don't know of any.
Cool Dude! 

You quoted Mark 3:29--badly!

Hyper-Literal: yet he-who whensoever shall speak evil into the pneuma-breath, namely--thee pure-one, not he-is-having pardon(release from bondage) unto thee breath-being(aiOn), rather liable he-is(right here, right now) of-breath-being-belonging-to-her(aiOnios) judgment(feminine)"--because they-had-spoken-out, "pneuma-breath unclean He(Jesus)-is-having ." Mark 3:29-30 NASB

We also have a similar passage in Matthew and Luke.

Get this crap from "hamartiology"(a vastly stupid subject)!

Eternal [b]sins[/b] or unforgivable sins or unpardonable sins are part of Christian hamartiology, which is the Christian theology of sins. These are sins which will not be forgiven by God whereby salvation becomes impossible.

Yet, all those words, "spirit(spiritus: breath)", "sin(sinistra: left hand)" "Salvation"(salvationem from the verb salvi: to rescue) are all Latin words completely masking the Greek words pneuma: breathing intellect and/or life from an exterior source; hamartia(miss, amiss, off-course, wayward); sOtEria(deliver, rescue, save from harm, rescue, made whole, kept safe and sound).

We must come to understand pneuma, hamartia and sOtEria. Spirit, sin and salvation are a complete WASTE of our time and cause nothing but endless arguments!

And by the way, "blasphemy" is an English word transliterated from the Greek blasphEmia. That's right, you guessed it! Yet another untranslated biblical word! blasphEmia means: slander. Not what any idiot invents it to mean.

You see friend: Jesus said that HIS words(pneuma), which He had spoken to them, was not open to being slandered and that there would be no release from that dept incurred by them in any aiOn(breath-being: unspecified length of time). The people there involved with the blasphEmia against Jesus' words had to pay a price in full while they lived.

Remember this always, God's payback is a bitch!

Men do not despise a thief if he steals To satisfy himself when he is hungry; But when he is found, he must repay sevenfold; He must give all the substance(wealth--which he should have used to buy food) of his house. Prov 6:30-31 NASB

The style of grammar and language in the gospels and the NT is usually pretty straightforward and to the point. This rendering is almost incomprehensible and I would presume the writer would simply record Jesus saying "Whoever slanders my words..." instead of "Whoever slanders the breath-wind..." if this is really what He was saying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there? - by JairCrawford - July 17, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10794 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 22347 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5707 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 72419 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32671 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3841 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 5120 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19094 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3334 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1999 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue