Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 2:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god
RE: Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god
(November 18, 2020 at 7:00 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: Sure, behavioral trick... and children aren't usually into culture yet.
They're being raised by and in one, that's why those fairies they imagine are so specifically cultural.  Horse gods for horses, cow gods for cows......  

Quote:You have to be certain that a world without god can exist. Certain.
I don't have to be, and I certainly don't have to be certain about anything about gods to know that human children explain the behaviors of human children better than a genie does.

That being said..I am completely certain that there's no god, so..no problem either way, eh?

Quote:I, on the other hand, don't need to, since I didn't deny the existence of such a being, I only deal with this observable world, as it is, and then try to make reasonable inferences. 
How many all powerful magicians have you seen in the observable world, how many compared to children?

Quote:I am actually imploring you to think of the only reasonable explanation, that there is only one world we observe and that it points to its manufacturer.

The reasonable explanation for the behavior of children is that some fact about children accounts for the behavior of children. Sure, we could look at their parents as their manufacturers, and it does seem to be the case that our parents have alot to do with what and whether we ascribe purpose to this or that, as well as the general shape of the fairies their children imagine. The earth, for it's part, points to a star that you might be familiar with as it's manufacturer. Should we explain childrens' tendency to ascribe purpose to natural objects as a product of the sun?

Tell me, is it common to believe these things that you've been sharing where you're from?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god - by The Grand Nudger - November 18, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6917 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1514 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did my mom tell me that feelings are enough to have religion? Der/die AtheistIn 11 1429 April 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Survivalist conspiracy crap..... Brian37 27 3080 January 18, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One Minimalist 40 7465 December 7, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8522 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
Thumbs Down Why I Don't Want To Be An Atheist ThePrick 189 18644 November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What I love, What I hate, What I want, What I believe. WinterHold 9 1688 July 18, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why do religious people desperately want to class Atheism as a religion? TheMonster 75 19908 November 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity? Spooky 33 8791 July 23, 2015 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd