Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 4:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
On the consciousness of a new born baby
#8
RE: On the consciousness of a new born baby
(April 6, 2022 at 8:17 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(April 6, 2022 at 9:07 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Life is chemical.  Consciousness is behavioral.  Personhood is legal.

Lots of things without consciousness have behaviors.

Lot's of things that arent alive are made of chemicals, and lots of things with legal status are agreed upon fictions - too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
On the consciousness of a new born baby - by Macoleco - April 6, 2022 at 5:20 am
RE: On the consciousness of a new born baby - by awty - April 6, 2022 at 6:07 am
RE: On the consciousness of a new born baby - by The Grand Nudger - April 6, 2022 at 11:28 pm
RE: On the consciousness of a new born baby - by brewer - April 7, 2022 at 7:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consciousness as a brain function Alan V 19 8358 May 26, 2025 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Human baby gene editing is here? brewer 9 2844 November 29, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  LOOK!>> -Consciousness After Death -official <<Clickbait! ignoramus 10 3653 October 19, 2017 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Jackie
  Quantum consciousness... ignoramus 109 36279 August 30, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Giulio Tononi's Theory of Consciousness Jehanne 11 5952 September 18, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Intelligence, Consciousness and Soul, oh my; Sy Montgomery's "The Soul of an Octopus" Whateverist 11 4497 February 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  "The first person to live to [200, 300, 500, 1000] has already been born" Heat 218 48974 December 14, 2015 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Baby raccoons IATIA 7 2796 November 23, 2015 at 12:28 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Sam Harris On Defining Consciousness Rhondazvous 143 41001 August 28, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Churches oppose three-person baby plan zebo-the-fat 36 12966 February 3, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)