Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does God hate babies who have not sinned?
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned?
(October 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Reasonable_Jeff Wrote:Not really, but if someone felt convicted by the Holy Spirit after reading that I would be glad =D
(Emphasis mine)

Freudian slip?

I understand what a Freudian slip is....but I don't get why you feel convicted is an inappropriate word in that sentence?

The Bible describes the Holy Spirits work as such

John 16:7–8 (NASB95) — 7 “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

I was saying that if the Holy Spirit worked through my testimony, I would be glad =D

(October 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: This is a false analogy. You cannot make clay into feeling, conscious, self aware beings with thoughts and desires.

Analogies alway break down at some point...it doesn't mean that the point their trying to illustrate is false.

Like saying to a co-worker who's been out of the business for a few years who is nervous about being reintegrated into the workforce. "Don't worry man, it's like riding a bike."

The point is you'll remember and be just fine. It wouldn't be appropriate for the person to respond, "this job doesn't consist of me keeping my balance so I don't see how it follows that this is like riding a bike."

(October 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: If he couldn't figure out a way to "make known his power" without having to make nonbelievers, then he shouldn't have made anyone. How would you like it if the only reason God brought you into existence was to suffer in eternal torment so the elect could somehow appreciate God better? This breaks the golden rule.

Golden rule? If atheism is true, if there isn't a God, the golden rule is a fabrication, a subjective opinion. It wouldn't matter whether or not someone else adhered to it......it's subjective and not binding.

I don't think that as an atheist/agnostic you can evaluate the character/existence of God by whether or not He passes a subjective rule or not.

(October 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Nobody would want to not be elect and suffer in torment. Everybody would want to be elect.

Actually by nature no one wants God, people want to be gods of their own lives and not give Him glory.

Romans 3:10–12 (ESV) — 10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Genesis 6:5 (ESV) — 5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Jeremiah 17:9 (ESV) — 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

But God in his great mercy steps in and saves some of us....even while we are enemies of the cross.

Romans 5:8–10 (ESV) — 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Bottom line, God is creator of all. As creator, He has the right to do with His creation as He pleases. I thank Him that He has saved me, and I pray for those that do not have a relationship with Him that He may grant them eyes to see His glory and their need for a Savior.

Psalm 115:3 (ESV) — 3 Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

Daniel 4:34–35 (ESV) — 34 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation; 35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”

Isaiah 48:9 (ESV) — 9 “For my name’s sake I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off.

Isaiah 48:11 (ESV) — 11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.

Ezekiel 20:44 (ESV) — 44 And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name’s sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD.”

Ezekiel 36:22 (ESV) — 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Cato - October 11, 2012 at 12:38 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by IATIA - October 11, 2012 at 12:35 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by IATIA - October 11, 2012 at 12:49 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Cato - October 11, 2012 at 12:54 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by IATIA - October 11, 2012 at 12:57 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by IATIA - October 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Drich - October 12, 2012 at 12:06 am
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Drich - October 11, 2012 at 9:08 pm
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Drich - October 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by Reasonable_Jeff - October 12, 2012 at 4:11 pm
RE: Why does God hate babies who have not sinned? - by ThomM - October 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1325 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3138 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5640 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1748 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3551 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3229 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17874 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9370 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 31225 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights Minimalist 10 2238 April 22, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama