Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
(November 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm)John V Wrote: Yes, that there are compelling reasons for subjective opinions.
You don't seem to have felt this way a few posts ago when I explained why I disliked chocolate.

Quote:No, I’m using it in general. I would think that atheists meaningfully consider opinions in atheist books without ever talking with the author.
Without any explanation of those opinions? Like someone just runs off a one liner and everyone nods their head? Meh, maybe some, not me.

Quote:We disagree on whether aversion to poisons/allergens is objective or subjective, and that’s the only example you’ve given.
Whoah there buddy, that matters very little, what matters is whether or not you think it's a compelling reason to dislike chocolate..not whether it's subjective or objective. Do I need to offer more than a single example when you claim that there are none?

Quote: Why not try some more?
Seeing as how much bullshit you've attempted pile onto this one example..and the fact that I don't have to offer another...hows about I don't?

Quote:The best would be on systems of morality, as that’s where Darkstar and I left off, and he doesn’t seem to be coming back.
Best by what measure? More opinions I think. Looking a little further down I see you erode the very notion itself...god's subjective opinions are neither correct nor incorrect. They also appear to be as inexplicable as your tastes and therefore have no value to me.

Quote:Subjective opinions aren’t correct or incorrect.
It is the opinion of some that there are inferior races, inferior moralities, inferior etc etc etc. Guess we'll have to throw our hands in the air on all of it. Oh well.

Quote:Sure – it stayed closer to target and recognized the conditions set by the OP.
Whose target? Again, I am not the OP.....but thank you for demonstrating how easy it is to elaborate upon an actual opinion..as opposed to an opinion of a god.

Quote:No. Sometimes I like conversations which wander about, so those reasons aren’t compelling.
Well the reasons you offered certainly compelled you to hold the opinion didn't they? I agree though, they aren't compelling in the way that my explanation of my distaste for chocolate is.

Quote:Seems so, yes.
So what are we to learn from your opinions then? You don't even know why you hold them, except when you do (whichever makes the better smokescreen).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide. - by The Grand Nudger - November 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 21146 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 8368 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 5914 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 20970 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1381 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 6035 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 37170 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 4156 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Wanted: Christians who reject the supernatural and a literal afterlife. Whateverist 48 22007 October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews WinterHold 2 1525 September 29, 2017 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)