Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
#59
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 11:54 am)John V Wrote:
(October 22, 2013 at 11:37 am)Zazzy Wrote: You are willing to compromise on murder?
Sure, if it means a large reduction in murder, as this would.
Well, then you and I are fundamentally different. If I felt murder was occurring, I wouldn't say that some murders are acceptable, even to prevent others. I'd keep fighting for all murders to end. There is no one small group I'd compromise on.

In any case, this is a compromise that wouldn't work. You can't end abortion- all you can do is make sure that the women having them are doing it less safely.
Quote:
Quote:This is a really, really dicky, awful thing to say.
Why? Are you claiming that some people can't grow through the suffering of others? Or do you just not like to deal with that fact?
What I'm saying is that your statement that such suffering of babies might be NECESSARY for some people is flat-out horrible. Yes, I know some people get off on the suffering of others, and that some people when confronted with suffering grow through watching it. But to insinuate that that might be a GOOD REASON to allow suffering is, as Esquilax said, monstrous.
Quote:No, not clear that you don't think it's OK is not equivalent to clear that you think it's OK.
But it's clearer than what I thought you thought I said was OK, but less clear than what you thought was OK about what I said. Are we clear?
Quote:Incorrect.
So you would also compromise on a small group of women aborting perfectly healthy fetuses if that group was as small as the one we are discussing?
Quote:
Quote:If you could pick one little kid and kill them to save a school full of children, would you do it?
It doesn't matter, as that's not the situation. The question applicable to the situation is, "If a school full of children are about to die and you could save all but one of them, would you?"
But that's not what's happening with your compromise, either. You are saying that you would ALLOW the one to die in order to save the rest.

*Edit- and I'm waiting for you to point out to me where I said that having a baby with a painful early fatal genetic disease is evil.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by Zazzy - October 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 7119 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32107 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 5100 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 8060 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: awty
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 4329 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1377 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 28956 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 5107 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 10314 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 5049 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)