Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 12:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
#78
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 3:34 pm)Zazzy Wrote: It would not. It would force abortion into back alleys.
Many women would have the child rather than have an illegal abortion, if only because they didn't know where to obtain one. Total abortions (legal and illegal) doubled from 1969 to 1980.
Quote:I am a woman, and I like sex. Some women do and some women don't. Despite best intentions, often birth control fails. I think women are grown folk who can decide what to do with their own bodies. Your position reduces them to baby mills- like we do to breeding animals.
If they can decide what to do with their own bodies, they can decide not to have sex until they're prepared to handle the consequences.
Quote:As a matter of fact, I'd love to see the number of abortions in this country reduced, just for different reasons than you.
How much would you love it? What measures would you accept, if any, to reduce it?
Quote:How would you pick?
In this scenario the choice is already made - the one with the congenital disease which is going to kill it anyway.
Quote:So it's OK to let it die, but not OK to kill it. Gotcha. You're doing a fine job of demonizing yourself, John.

I honestly don't know what I'd do in this situation. I hope I never find myself in it.
Oh crap, if we're allowed to cop out, then I retract my earlier statement and likewise don't know what I'd do. Wow, that makes things a whole lot easier!

Quote:So if there is a family that had just gone through this that read your post, they'd be mischaracterizing you if they felt that you didn't know fuck-all about their position and that your words were judgmental of and hurtful to them?
Yes.
Quote:Damned straight it would be a mischaracterization, since it wouldn't be in line with my position. As I have consistently said (and as you have consistently ignored because it doesn't fit into your feminazi stereotype), I don't get to make any decisions for anyone else about their reproductive issues, and I don't have the right to judge anybody for the decisions they make about such an event in their lives- whether due to an early fatal disease or not.
There you go.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by John V - October 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 7122 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32130 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 5118 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 8061 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: awty
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 4329 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1377 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 28971 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 5110 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 10326 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 5050 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)