Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 9:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 9:09 pm)Zazzy Wrote:
(October 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm)catfish Wrote: You want me to be a dick about it? Fine...

You used demonising tactics and he called you on it.
And I have clarified that I certainly didn't mean what he apparently thought I meant. I'll do it again for the record: I NEVER meant to insinuate that John beats women. In order for him to take that seriously, he'd have to think that I think that he flies around the world beating women one at a time. Which is, of course, a bizarre scenario, so even if I did think that John was violent toward women (which I don't), you'd have to be high to think I meant anything other than beating in a political sense.

You know what? Litteral or not, the wording used was demonising, you can admit that, really...

What's worse though is that I can produce at least 5 other instances of those tactics in play by you. If you doubt me, all you have to do is respond to this post and I'll be happy to point out what should be painfully obvious to yourself.

(October 22, 2013 at 9:09 pm)Zazzy Wrote:
(October 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm)catfish Wrote: Correct it or defend it, those are your only options, otherwise you're a disingenious troll.
Yawn. Coming from someone who just got banned for a couple of weeks for bad behavior, I'm not weeping over your opinion of my behavior. I'm only replying to you in case John has me on ignore (how do you know if that's the case?), since I want to extend public and genuine apologies if he thought I was accusing him of something so awful. Perhaps you'll quote me so he'll see it. If not, I'll PM him and the apology won't be as public as I'd like.

In any case, fuck off to you.

Right, poisoning the well now, like that wasn't expected or something. Undecided
So tell me, what does disciplinary action(s) performed against me have to do with your use of demonising tactics? It doesn't change the fact that I know what you did and will point it out. 'K?
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by catfish - October 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 7108 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32042 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 5092 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 8056 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: awty
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 4319 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1376 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 28884 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 5104 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 10289 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 5048 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)